Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#83155 - 05/28/03 04:45 PM Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

We're a community bank looking to design and implement an effective loan grading/classification system. Does anyone have a policy/procedure that they would be willing to share? My email is mrathbun@alliedfirst.com. Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#83156 - 05/28/03 10:12 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Is this what you are looking for? OCC Rating Credit Risk

Return to Top
#83157 - 05/29/03 03:09 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
KYAuditor Offline
100 Club
KYAuditor
Kentucky
I have an excel spreadsheet for grading loans that explains the criteria we use to assign a score for each category. I will e-mail a copy to you.

Hope this helps!!

Return to Top
#83158 - 05/30/03 05:02 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
My bank is a $185 million community bank. I developed 2 spreadsheets [based on a loan review seminar I attended and with the instructor's permission]one for commercial loans and one for consumer loans that assign grades based of the 5C's of credit plus documentation and compliance. The spreadsheet then calculates the overall loan grade by the weights assigned to the different critieria.

It is simple to use and we make all the loan officers fill out the worksheets before the loan is made. We just went through an FDIC exam and they liked the worksheets. It was easy for them to see how the loan officers and loan review assigned loan grades. Out of all the loans the FDIC reviewed, they only differed on one during the exam and that was less than 1% of the total dollar amount reviewed during the exam and that one was border line. I will e-mail you the worksheets and loan review policy.

Return to Top
#83159 - 06/01/03 09:14 AM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could you email them to me also ? ben.hicks@mercantile.net
Thanks

Return to Top
#83160 - 06/02/03 09:15 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like the spreadsheets emailed to me also. dglass@americanhorizonsbank.com

Thanks!

Return to Top
#83161 - 06/03/03 01:00 AM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
INeedtoknow Offline
West Coast USA
Hi Mat,
You may want to consider subscribing to Sheshuhoff's Community Bank Loan Management service... you will find they provide excellent resource background and resource material as well as sample policies on a number of topics.

Return to Top
#83162 - 06/03/03 01:57 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
A couple of good resources that I have used is Robert Morris Associates and The Community Bankers Association of Indiana. RMA has some good publications and CBAI has a loan review series of 3 seminars that were very helpful.

Return to Top
#83163 - 06/03/03 02:00 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
KY Auditor, could you e-mail me the spreadsheet you use. Give me your e-mail address and I will send you the ones that I use. My e-mail is ghartz@peoples-bank.com

Thanks

Return to Top
#83164 - 06/03/03 04:07 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
KYAuditor Offline
100 Club
KYAuditor
Kentucky
It is on its way. I hope that you will find it useful.

Return to Top
#83165 - 06/03/03 05:28 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Thanks, I got your e-mail. Looks like we aren't too different in our approach to the spreadsheets.

Return to Top
#83166 - 07/11/03 03:14 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I was wondering if you could email me the spreadsheets you use in your loan review. My email address is matt.stull@mcnbbanks.com.

Also, I was wondering if you or anyone else that reads this post could tell me what types of software you use to do your loan reviews. I use Microsoft Access, but would like to purchase or have someone design something better. I designed the database and it works for me, but someone else who tried to use it would probably be lost. Thanks for your help.

Return to Top
#83167 - 08/11/05 04:15 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could you e-mail it to me at tumi@cox.net ? Thanks.

Return to Top
#83168 - 08/16/05 12:02 AM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am very interested in reviewing your risk grading system. Can you please send a copy of your spreadsheets to showitt@bdcu.com.au

Return to Top
#83169 - 08/19/05 03:39 PM Re: Loan Classification/Grading Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greg: I'd like to compare your version as well. Please send to redstrom@cambridgesb.com.

Thanks
REE

Return to Top