Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#836621 - 10/17/07 08:28 PM Re: Please help... Nascar
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Awesome!Melissa! I am proud of you and know exactly how tough it was for you! Now hopefully it's only a couple of more nights and he'll sleep right through. Do keep us posted.

Return to Top
#836650 - 10/17/07 08:39 PM Re: Please help... Nascar
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Good for you Melissa! Just think... soon you'll BOTH have restful nights' sleep! He's definitely old enough to be sleeping through the night, so don't worry at all about him not feeding at all hours anymore. His metabolism will actually benefit from the regularity of eating at night, sleeping deeply, and eating breakfast in the morning.

After you get through this rough patch, inevitably there will still be some nights when he wakes up during the night. Don't immediately assume that he needs to be fed, though, or you could wind back up in the same position! Babies will "snack" around the clock if you let them, but the training you are doing now will establish good eating and sleeping habits for life!

So, keep it up! How was he at lunch?

Return to Top
#836757 - 10/17/07 09:38 PM Re: Please help... RebekahL CRCM
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Way to go Melissa! I'm very proud of you. It should get easier now. Enjoy your restful nights (that will be coming soon) and maybe rekindling the romance with your hubby now that the babe isn't in the room!!!

Return to Top
#837390 - 10/18/07 04:20 PM Re: Please help... Buddy the Elf
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Ok, so last night he cried for 50 minutes and then was out until about 11:30. He cried for a minute then, and I gave him his bottle and he was out again until about 4:00. He then cried until about 5:15 at which point I finally went in and got him. I really needed that last 45 minutes of sleep. I know that probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I was desperate... He then slept until about 7:15 when I woke him up to get ready for daycare. The poor guy was so tired that he fell asleep on the changing table, and in my arms on the way to daycare from the car...
We'll see how it goes tonight.

Return to Top
#837430 - 10/18/07 04:40 PM Re: Please help... MelissaAnn
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
Keep up the good work Melissa, I know it is tireing at times but it won't be long and he and you will sleep through the night peacefully...

Return to Top
#838329 - 10/19/07 02:28 PM Re: Please help... Nascar
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
OK- so how was last night?

Return to Top
#838545 - 10/19/07 04:41 PM Re: Please help... MelissaAnn
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Just make sure daycare doesn't feel sorry for him and let him sleep too much during the day. That will totally screw up his nights. A schedule during the day will help him get a schedule during the night.

Ask them to put him down and get him up on a regular schedule. If he's suppposed to nap from 9-10:30 but he doesn't fall asleep till 9:30, don't let them leave him down till noon. Have them fill out a sheet each day so you know when he slept and can adjust as necessary.

Return to Top
#841320 - 10/24/07 03:37 PM Re: Please help... Truffle Royale
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
A few nights have gone by now.... how's it going, MelissaAnn?

Return to Top
#841422 - 10/24/07 04:52 PM Re: Please help... RebekahL CRCM
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Ok sorry guys, I have not been in for a few days. On Saturday a little cut on Vinny's finger started to swell, and turn red so on Monday morning I took him to the Dr to make sure that it wasn't infected.
Turns out he has CA-MRSA which is a form of Staph infection. It's not the HA-MRSA that so many people are dieing from, but it is still serious.
We have been out all week, and I just came in to work for a few hours this morning while my husband is home with him.
He's doing really well. You would never know that he was sick, except for the glove on his hand because the little stinker won't leave his band-aid on...
He's doing ok. We are stressed and exhausted, but the Dr says he should be able to go back to daycare by Monday. We go to the Dr everyday and have it checked out and it looks like it is getting better all the time.
Anyway, so back to the sleeping. It is only taking a few minutes for him to fall asleep now. He doesn't cry anymore, he just yells. When he gets really angry he just yells out BAH! and he does that a couple of times and lays down and is out.
The waking up in the middle of the night is still a battle though. He wakes up at about 1:00 everynight, and I bring him his bottle and he is out in just a few minutes. At 4:30 every morning he wakes up and bawls and bawls and we haven't been able to get him to go back to sleep yet. SO I admit, I have been getting him up at about 5:00.
So far I think it has all gone really well. Thanks for all the support!!

Return to Top
#841453 - 10/24/07 05:13 PM Re: Please help... MelissaAnn
waldensouth Online
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Glad to hear his sleeping habits are changing for the better, but so sorry to hear of his illness. I know you must be totally exhausted! Hope you have the opportunity to get some decent rest once he's better.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#841802 - 10/24/07 09:19 PM Re: Please help... waldensouth
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
MelissaAnn, you might try giving him a snack before bed. My grandaughter was waking up and they started giving her yogart or oatmeal before bed and she started sleeping thru. He might sleep later too.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett