Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#84186 - 06/01/03 02:26 AM Capture of Eric Rudolf
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
If this person actually is the Centennial Park bomber from 1996 Atlanta Olympics, I am personally glad they caught him. I arrived in Atlanta with a friend that night and we were plannning to head to Centennial Park for the festivities. However, my friend was to exhausted to go, so we headed for our friend's house in Doraville. Soon after we got there, the news turned grim. If not for my exhausted friend...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#84187 - 06/01/03 11:46 AM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Z- I saw an interesting clip about him on the boob tube this morning. It appears he was always peculiar. I'm glad they caught him.

Return to Top
#84188 - 06/02/03 05:37 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
I'm from Birmingham where he blew up an abortion clinic, killing a policeman and maiming a nurse. I'm with you guys--glad they got him. I've heard that folks in the vicinity of where he's been hiding have actually been cheering him on with encouraging signs in their storefronts. Sounds like a great place to live...

Return to Top
#84189 - 06/02/03 05:43 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
An article I read this morning saying that the mayor of the town does not think the town supports Mr. Rudolph at all. His claim is that almost all of his support in the area comes from marijuana growers, survivalists, and far right-wing wackos who have moved to the area---not the native folks. I do not know if this is true.

Return to Top
#84190 - 06/02/03 05:50 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Awesome Bill's #1 Fan Offline
Awesome Bill's #1 Fan
Jackson, Michigan
I saw on a news show over the weekend that there are people in that area that had bumper stickers on their cars that said "Run Rudolph, Run."
Then, on the Today show this morning they interviewed a resident who said if he would have came to her for help, she would have helped him because he's "innocent". If all these people wanted to help him so much why was he dumpster diving when they caught him?
An FBI agent said that if they find out who was helping him, they can be charged with "Harboring". I hope they do find out and make an example out of them. They are almost as scary as Rudolph himself.

Return to Top
#84191 - 06/02/03 07:47 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Sadly enough if you kill in the name of a cause (abortion etc.) some religious fenatic will support the freaks. I think about as highly of this guy as I do some of the "religious zelots" who took down the world trade center.

I don't care what your cause is, killing won't solve it. Grrrr these people make me want to stran...umm nevermind.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#84192 - 06/02/03 08:05 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
I am glad that they got the guy. It still amazes me that people could support someone who has cause such sadness. Wonder how they would feel if one of their loved ones were killed or hurt by this guy. If anyone aided him during the time that he playing the part of the "mountain man", I agree they should be arrested.

Return to Top
#84193 - 06/03/03 04:55 AM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
You do wonder what those same people (who were cheering him) think of groups such as al Quida and Hezbollah. Would they have been cheering this person if he was Middle Eastern, or perhaps a racial minority?

Return to Top
#84194 - 06/03/03 12:27 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Anonymous
Unregistered

This guy is not a religious zealot. Supposedly he is from a white supremacy religious group--presumably "Christian." However, I can assure him that Jesus did not teach anyone to do what he has allegedly done. Seems to me that if Jesus had wanted certain people wiped off the face of the Earth, he could've done it himself. Or at least he would have left instructions to do so. But then, wouldn't that have been just a tinsy bit out of character?? Let's get to the truth--this guy is not zealously following any religion--he is only zealous in his hatred and in the evil that permits him to commit such heinous acts.

Return to Top
#84195 - 06/03/03 01:08 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
rexinaudit Offline
Gold Star
rexinaudit
New England
Quote:

I don't care what your cause is, killing won't solve it.

How very true. Thank God that authorities have apprehended their suspect in this crime. Now lets also pray that they will do something to end all the killings at abortion centers.

To paraphrase another comment: It still amazes me that people could support something that has caused such destruction.

Return to Top
#84196 - 06/03/03 03:22 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
People that have vowed destruction and have not hesitated to take the name of God and seek Divine assistance for the destruction of the “enemy” need to be wiped off from the face of the earth or kept in check. I feel that the law that governs brute creation is not the law that should guide the human race. That law is inconsistent with human dignity and anyone who lives by it must die by it, and we should all be only glad to help! All we should be concerned with is trying to reverse the process or eliminating the seeds of doom and destruction.

Return to Top
#84197 - 06/03/03 03:29 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

I don't care what your cause is, killing won't solve it.

How very true. Thank God that authorities have apprehended their suspect in this crime. Now lets also pray that they will do something to end all the killings at abortion centers.

To paraphrase another comment: It still amazes me that people could support something that has caused such destruction.

Just for clarification: would that be the killings outside the centers, or inside the centers, or both? I fervently hope and pray that both would cease. I have absolutely no sympathy for those who would brutally take human life in the name of saving human life. Other than in self defense, and in war, is that right given to individuals. The state, not individuals, has been given the sword to punish and restrain evildoers.

Return to Top
#84198 - 06/03/03 05:22 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Saw this article on MSN yesterday - fascinating.

Article

Return to Top
#84199 - 06/03/03 06:21 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
One can always hope the killing outside of the medical clinics will stop at some point but with religious zealouts being supported by entire populations, who knows.

We can also hope that people make good choices when it comes to reproductive rights. Abortion as birth control is a shame, but there are times when this isn't the case and facing idiots outside of your doctors clinic as you enter is as tramatic to a woman as letting the fetus go. It's not fair to anyone involved.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#84200 - 06/03/03 07:08 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
LCM Offline
LCM
Well written, Dawnie.

Return to Top
#84201 - 06/03/03 08:28 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
When I drive home from work I pass a Planned Parenthood and so far every single day that it has been nice out there are people outside picketing. Its so sad to me when I see a 7 year old kid holding a sign. I have my morals and I have been raised to believe a certain thing when it comes to abortion, however, I don't impose my beliefs on anyone and I do not think those people should have the right to impose their beliefs on me. Freedom of Speech..go figure!

Return to Top
#84202 - 06/04/03 07:19 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf
Awesome Bill's #1 Fan Offline
Awesome Bill's #1 Fan
Jackson, Michigan
I don't understand what blowing up an Olympic Park in Atlanta had to do with killing abortionists? I see no religious implications having to do with the Olympics. It seems like that is just an excuse to be a mass murderer.
They're say they are out to get the government, because the government is out to get them or their religion, but it's innocent people that get murdered. Sound familiar?
I hope that whatever state he is tried in has the death penalty!

Return to Top
#1943991 - 07/22/14 01:56 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf zaibatsu
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
flashing back to 2003...

i remember watching the interview that was taking place when the bomb went off in the background...but i don't remember who was being interviewed...

Return to Top
#1944052 - 07/22/14 03:09 PM Re: Capture of Eric Rudolf zaibatsu
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Is this like Throwback Thursday ?...but it's only Tuesday...

Return to Top