Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#845127 - 10/30/07 02:11 PM predocs required?
parr04 Offline
Gold Star
oklahoma
Our bank financed the construction of a new primary residence for a borrower. Construction is complete, borrower has moved in and mortgage company has taken us out.

We are taking a second back on the new construction along with a first mortgage on the old residence for a period of one year to allow the borrower to sell the old home and pay our second mortgage off. In this case what regs apply(RoR, HMDA, RESPA)?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#845178 - 10/30/07 02:36 PM Re: predocs required? parr04
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
This is a consumer loan subject to all the applicable consumer regulation.

Flood applies,
ROR applies since you are taking a security interest in their current primary residence unless the second is part of the residential mortgage transaction,
ETIL would apply if the second being taken is part of the Residential Mortgage Transaction,
HMDA and RESPA may or may not apply. If you have set it up to amortize then I would say yes. If you have set it up as a single payment until the old house sells then I would say you have a bridge loan and it would be exempt,
Reg. B will apply.

Return to Top
#845196 - 10/30/07 02:48 PM Re: predocs required? Dan Persfull
parr04 Offline
Gold Star
oklahoma
Thanks Dan,

This is a one year single pay loan with interest due monthly. I thought this would be considered a bridge loan and would be exempt as temporary financing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z