Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#846489 - 10/31/07 06:05 PM Aggregate Escrow Calculation
wtsjomh Offline
Does anyone have a website or a worksheet to share that will calculate the aggregate escrow for a loan with tax escrow, flood insurance escrow and pmi?

We were sited during an audit and I can't figure out how the auditor got their aggregate amount.

Thanks,
wtsjomh

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#846560 - 10/31/07 07:02 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation wtsjomh
ComplyGuy1 Offline
New Poster
ComplyGuy1
The Escrow Analysis worksheet located here may help...

http://www.bankerscompliance.com/compliance-resources/free-downloads.htm

Also, you can refer to Appendix E of RESPA.

Return to Top
#846603 - 10/31/07 07:40 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation ComplyGuy1
wtsjomh Offline
thank you. that's the one I already had. our auditor had one from them specifically showing PMI on it (and the formulas that go along with it). we are waiting to hear back from them for a copy of that one.

Return to Top
#846657 - 10/31/07 08:12 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation wtsjomh
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The one from David also has PMI, Flood etc. on it. Look at the bottom of the spreadsheet and select the appropriate worksheet tab.

Return to Top
#846676 - 10/31/07 08:30 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation wtsjomh
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Have you looked at the FDIC's RESPA Escrow program? http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/compliance/respa/index.html

Click on the link for the instructions for using their Excel spreadsheet and then click on the link for the Excel spreadsheet.

Return to Top
#846763 - 10/31/07 10:42 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation Dan Persfull
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull
The one from David also has PMI, Flood etc. on it. Look at the bottom of the spreadsheet and select the appropriate worksheet tab.

Dan's right. We designed a "quick" escrow analysis for the typical tax and insurance only escrow (see the 1st tab on the Excel program). But we also designed a "long" analysis for loans with PMI, Flood insurance, and other items. You can find it on the 2nd tab. I hope this helps you out.

Return to Top
#2120713 - 03/06/17 08:58 PM Re: Aggregate Escrow Calculation wtsjomh
SSpeed Offline
New Poster
Thanks for all who have posted here, the resources are great. I've been trying to find a way to calculate daily simple interest on escrow for the California requirement to pay back 2% interest on escrow per annum. I cant seem to figure out how to back into the Interest on Escrow figures I've got.

I think most banks run a query in the back end that calculates the daily and only reports out the monthly or annual figures, depending on when the report is ran. Is there any way to even calculate this if I wanted to test our figures?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z