Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#848899 - 11/05/07 04:11 PM The Amazing Race
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
premiered last night. Did you watch? Thoughts? Obviously all the usual suspects are there. I was surprised that the goth couple was as competitive as they were!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#848913 - 11/05/07 04:23 PM Re: The Amazing Race Comp Guy No More
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
No kidding...they surprised me too! They are smart, agreesive, and fairly athletic.

I figured kid pilot and gramps would have been first to go, but they placed 5th...I cannot imagine they will last long though.

Nathan and Jennifer(?) are "that" couple....they can leave now already for what I care.

The bro and sis who finihed first surprised me...figured they would be the book smart/no common sense pair.

Thrilled to see Ari and Stella go already....the little sh!t got what was coming to him!!

Return to Top
#848924 - 11/05/07 04:33 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
A_G Offline
10K Club
Now I know where the expression "stubborn as a mule" comes from. Watching that was hysterical!

Return to Top
#848930 - 11/05/07 04:36 PM Re: The Amazing Race A_G
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I missed it, forgot that it was even starting... Now I know I have been working too hard

Return to Top
#848948 - 11/05/07 04:47 PM Re: The Amazing Race A_G
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
So glad Ari left, didn't like him at all. Every time Kynt's name is shown, I swear I replace the y with the last of the 5 vowels...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#849001 - 11/05/07 05:25 PM Re: The Amazing Race *BUSTER*
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I really dislike the gay ministers, because they seem very un-Christian to me at this point, and I don't mean in their sexuality either. They seemed very mean spirited to me.

Return to Top
#849010 - 11/05/07 05:30 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
at least we dont have to worry about the writers strike, with reality tv!!!

Return to Top
#849021 - 11/05/07 05:34 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
I really dislike the gay ministers, because they seem very un-Christian to me at this point, and I don't mean in their sexuality either. They seemed very mean spirited to me.

Just what did they do that went above and beyond what the others did?

I would rather listen to and compete againest them anyday compared to that Ari/Stella and Nathan/Jennifer pairings...talk about un-christian.

Return to Top
#849130 - 11/05/07 06:48 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

Just what did they do that went above and beyond what the others did?

What did they do that went above and beyond what others did? Not a thing, and to me, that is a serious problem for a pair of "Christian Ministers". I expect poor behavior from pairs like some of the others, but if you're going to represent a ministry like they are, you have to stand out and do more than just be mean spirited like the others.

Return to Top
#849136 - 11/05/07 06:54 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Let me rephrase then...what did they do that was mean spirted or in poor behavior.

I felt that they were almost forgettable, they stood out so little.

Return to Top
#849463 - 11/05/07 10:54 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
It was a good start..the goth couple are pretty strange, I cant stop looking at his eyebrows!!..they are going to take forever to do their makeup hehe ...those pooor ppl and that donkey, just push the darn thing!!..pretty funny..all the ppl passing them by was hilarious...should be good, ill be watching

Return to Top
#849580 - 11/06/07 02:02 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Let me rephrase then...what did they do that was mean spirted or in poor behavior.

I felt that they were almost forgettable, they stood out so little.

They were very forgettable because they weren't focused on, and I'd have to rewatch it to get specific situations, but they were very negative about other teams and happy about peoples misfortunes as they passed them with the donkeys.

Return to Top
#849635 - 11/06/07 03:00 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
It's a race, not a lovefest.

I don't recall them being negative about any of the situations or the other teams.

I find it amusing that you are upset that they and others recieved some satisfaction at the misfortunes of the two teams whose donkeys would not go, yet you are not looking negatively on those two teams, who were essentially physically abusing their donkeys, hence why they would not move.

Perhaps this show is not the best suited for you.

Return to Top
#849705 - 11/06/07 04:01 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i can't believe you guys pay that great attention to this show to argue about it...there are many things in the real world worth arguing about, TV is not one of them

Return to Top
#849763 - 11/06/07 04:52 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
It's a race, not a lovefest.

I don't recall them being negative about any of the situations or the other teams.

I find it amusing that you are upset that they and others recieved some satisfaction at the misfortunes of the two teams whose donkeys would not go, yet you are not looking negatively on those two teams, who were essentially physically abusing their donkeys, hence why they would not move.

Perhaps this show is not the best suited for you.

Did I say I did not look negatively at those other two teams? NO I DID NOT. However, when a pair comes out and says we are Christian Ministers, they are representing their faith. As I said, I expect more from them.

Return to Top
#853457 - 11/13/07 06:02 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Glad to see that this season's version of Aaron and Arianne got booted first. This show seldom goes wrong when it features livestock in a Detour or Road Block, especially when they go with donkeys or camels. I've read that the trick is to get a switch and tap the li'l beasties on the backs of their hind legs to get them moving. Also, yanking on their lead and shrieking at them seems...less than optimal. But man, them two blond chicks (one of whom is apparently Ryan Seacrest's ex-girlfriend) made up a heck of a lot of ground there while the other two teams were standing there gobsmacked whilst their donkeys brayed.

I went from kinda liking Ron in the first leg to wanting to smack him upside the head in the second. He needs to chill, and fast. First he says that the hauling task is impossible, and then he complains about the bike task he demanded they do instead. And then he starts droning endlessly at the vaulting Road Block. He's coming across as an insufferable and rigid middle manager who's filled with biz-speak aphorisms. I suspect he worked in the field of engineering.

The pseudo-Goths are a team to watch. I also like the nu-hippies. I think the high-strung sisters will take an early exit, however; they're gonna have a meltdown pretty soon, I suspect.

Return to Top
#853529 - 11/13/07 07:16 PM Re: The Amazing Race RandomName
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
You know, I don't think I like any of the teams much this season, except maybe the new couple that actually seems to be working together and enjoying the opportunity to share the world with each other.

I miss the Linz family! Why don't we have any teams where one partner is willing to literally (and figuratively) carry the other in order to win, without complaining?

Last edited by Bengalsfan; 11/13/07 07:17 PM.
Return to Top
#853536 - 11/13/07 07:24 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
was that the three brother and one sister?

Return to Top
#853631 - 11/13/07 08:25 PM Re: The Amazing Race kms
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: kms
was that the three brother and one sister?

Yup. They won the AR family edition, and are STILL getting commercial time in Cincinnati because of it.

Return to Top
#853801 - 11/13/07 10:37 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
They were a good group and fun to watch.

Yeah, none of the seasons teams overly appeal to me either.

Return to Top
#854520 - 11/14/07 08:55 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I, for one, think that all of these teams are AWESOME. (Except for the ones that suck.) Because I am excitable and I believe that this is the finest show on TV.

Also, I hated the Family Edition. It was the Star Trek V of TAR.

Return to Top
#856926 - 11/19/07 02:30 PM Re: The Amazing Race RandomName
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
TK and Rachel are starting to grow on me. I'm not sure if it is just editing or not, but they have yet to blow up at each other and have been very supportive for a couple that has been dating for less than a year.

Azaria and Hendekea are growing on me a bit too.

Return to Top
#856928 - 11/19/07 02:33 PM Re: The Amazing Race RandomName
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: RandomName
I hated the Family Edition. It was the Star Trek V of TAR.

I actually found the Family Edition to be one of my favorite seasons.

Return to Top
#856935 - 11/19/07 02:38 PM Re: The Amazing Race B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I admit, I kinda broke out in a chuckle without thinking when the buggy ran the hippocritial mom over...bad I know.

With the exception of the Linz family, that seasom was for me also the most boring uneventful season...it was a basic RV trip around the US.

No one really stands out for me yet this season, but yes, TK and Rachel are in my lead right now...kinda like the Goth couple too...I like how they are a pretty strong and smart team...helps prove that looks are not everything.

The blondes from Cali really did not impress me last night... their comments on the train were pretty extreme and unneeded.

The one couple that was in first going into the round, the one with the screamer chick (as opposed to the screamer couple) craziness!!

Return to Top
#857485 - 11/19/07 10:06 PM Re: The Amazing Race #Just Jay
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
I missed Sunday nights show. Who came in last and were they eliminated?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2