Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#8492 - 01/04/02 06:53 PM Employee Privacy
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
We all have policies that tell our employees their computers, files, emails, etc. are the property of the bank and subject to review by the bank, but does anyone have procedures on when and who will look at this confidential information: Supervisors, HR, Security Officer, Privacy Officer?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#8493 - 01/04/02 07:11 PM Re: Employee Privacy
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
My reading tells me that this would more likely be prompted by a trigger going off than a random check. Internet filters and monitoring software report when an attempt or abuse occurs based on predefined criteria. That triggers reporting from IT to a manager over the abuser.

Actual procedures for this, I don't have.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#8494 - 01/04/02 08:28 PM Re: Employee Privacy
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
Other than the IT part for filtering the email activity etc., have you ever had to address the issue of and an employee being out ill and they normally receive emails from brokers or other business relationships as well as voicemail messages? Who listens to the messages or checks the email for information needed to conduct bank business? What about when an employee is terminated, who reviews their email, computer files, voicemails or do you just delete everything?

Return to Top