Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thread Options
#841536 - 10/24/07 06:05 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Ops
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Now reading "Saphires & Garlic" by Ruth someone. It's about a woman who is a restaurant critic for the New York Times. Very easy reading.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#842162 - 10/25/07 02:29 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Becca
bonette Offline
100 Club
georgia
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: bonette
I started reading Twilight over the weekend and just finished it last night. I can't believe how involved I am with this book. I can't wait to start on the second one "New Moon".

LOL! Yeah, my friends and I have decided we probably need to seek professional help. So far we're settling for spreading the addiction as far as possible. So.....would YOU like to join our "we're-over-30-and-madly-in-love-with-a-teenage-vampire" fanclub?

I would love to be added to that club, I definitly fit the qualifications. I've started New Moon and I love it just as much as the first one.

Return to Top
#842190 - 10/25/07 02:45 PM Re: BOL Bookclub bonette
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Welcome to the club! So far we have representation in GA, FL, and TX. I'm doing my darndest to get RR JLJ hooked as well so then we'll branch out a bit more.

Enjoy New Moon! You'll have to let me know what you think of it when you're done. Eclipse (the third one) is my favorite.

Return to Top
#842322 - 10/25/07 04:25 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Becca
bonette Offline
100 Club
georgia
Welcome to the club! So far we have representation in GA, FL, and TX. I'm doing my darndest to get RR JLJ hooked as well so then we'll branch out a bit more.

Enjoy New Moon! You'll have to let me know what you think of it when you're done. Eclipse (the third one) is my favorite.

I will definitly let you know what I think, I haven't enjoyed reading this much in a long time. Thanks for letting us know about the book!

Return to Top
#842348 - 10/25/07 04:50 PM Re: BOL Bookclub bonette
Tillie Offline
Gold Star
Tillie
I read Secret Lives of Bees and loved it so I got her book The Mermaid Chair which was a disappoint; just not as good. Also read Memory Keeper's last spring and enjoyed it too.
Zoo Keeper's Wife has been recommended to me. Has anyone read it?

Return to Top
#842374 - 10/25/07 05:13 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Tillie
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I've just started Lee Childs' "Bad Luck and Trouble", and will have Armistead Maupin's "Michael Tolliver Lives" with me on a business trip next week.

Return to Top
#842379 - 10/25/07 05:15 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...

My copy should be delivered tomorrow...just in time for the weekend!

Return to Top
#842385 - 10/25/07 05:17 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Hrothgar Geiger
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Anyone read anything by Lee Collin? Just discovered him. I'm reading my second book now.

Return to Top
#842392 - 10/25/07 05:21 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Jen
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I finished Water for Elephants over this past weekend - excellent read! I'm just started on Wicked and hope to have it finished pretty quickly. I'd like to be on my 4th (yes, that's *fourth*) read of Twilight by the time we get on the plane for Vegas...especially since one of the friends we're meeting up with out there is a recent recruit to the ways of Edward-addiction. Really though - I've been reading WAY too much fanfiction and need another read of the real books to sort out - um - fiction from fanfiction.

Return to Top
#842397 - 10/25/07 05:24 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Hrothgar Geiger
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I just picked up "The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart yesterday for a business trip next week, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through John Sandford's newest one called "Dark of the Moon" right now - it's fantastic and I want to finish it before I leave.

After I finish those two, I have 3 more on my nightstand that I can't wait to dive into: "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire, "The Bookseller of Kabul" by Asne Seierstad, and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini.

Every couple of days, I read a few more pages in "Trinity" by Leon Uris, too, on the side. I'm really enjoying it - what a sweeping epic story.

Return to Top
#844451 - 10/29/07 05:59 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen

I'm not even halfway through Twilight and I'm hooked. You can add MO to the list.

Return to Top
#844454 - 10/29/07 06:03 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Jen
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Well I just got The Lone Survivor, and my sister bought me the new Patricia Cornwell - Book of the Dead, and I have a Mark Levin book on the way- I am just not sure what to read first. I had just started rereading the J.D. Robb in death series and was only on the second one.

Return to Top
#844479 - 10/29/07 06:24 PM Re: BOL Bookclub kms
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
went to B&N friday and bought 5-6 books, 4 by stephen berry, 1 from daniel silva, and one by someone I can't recall, abd I don't recall the title either, although I read it this weekend...but it was good.

Return to Top
#844483 - 10/29/07 06:27 PM Re: BOL Bookclub HappyGilmore
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Thanks goodness I dont live near a good bookstore and I order most stuff online. I think I would be broke if I lived closer to one. Reading is almost as good as sex(at least in terms of relaxing)

Return to Top
#844489 - 10/29/07 06:33 PM Re: BOL Bookclub kms
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
I just started Greg Isles, Blood Memory

Return to Top
#845098 - 10/30/07 01:53 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Jen
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ

I'm not even halfway through Twilight and I'm hooked. You can add MO to the list.

Yep, I'm hooked. Less than 24 hours later I'm finished with Twilight and New Moon. I'm relatively sure I'll finish Eclipse tonight.

Return to Top
#845105 - 10/30/07 01:57 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Jen
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
The Zombie Survival Guide, by Max Brooks. Gotta keep myself ready to defend myself.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#849286 - 11/05/07 09:01 PM Re: BOL Bookclub *BUSTER*
Tillie Offline
Gold Star
Tillie
I don't remember who recommended Life is so Good but thanks!!

Return to Top
#849291 - 11/05/07 09:06 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Tillie
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Just starting William Gibson's "Spook Country" and Daniel Silva's "Secret Servant"

Return to Top
#849297 - 11/05/07 09:12 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Hrothgar Geiger
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Started reading Dean Koontz's "Sole Survivor" again. I really need some new books.

Return to Top
#849299 - 11/05/07 09:12 PM Re: BOL Bookclub Tillie
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Tillie
I don't remember who recommended Life is so Good but thanks!!

Twas I, and you are most welcome. That book changed alot of the way I see the world.

Return to Top
#849495 - 11/06/07 12:13 AM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Jen
DebL Offline
Gold Star
CA

Yep, I'm hooked. Less than 24 hours later I'm finished with Twilight and New Moon. I'm relatively sure I'll finish Eclipse tonight.

You can add CA to your list!! My daughter convinced me to read Twilight and now I'm anxiously waiting for her to finish New Moon so I can get my hands on it.

Return to Top
#849581 - 11/06/07 02:04 PM Re: BOL Bookclub DebL
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Barbie - Daneil Silva is good, I've read all of his. I'm reading "the Romanov Prophecy" by Steve Berry.

Return to Top
#849965 - 11/06/07 08:00 PM Re: BOL Bookclub HappyGilmore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Okay..I can now say that I'm "unconditionally and Irrevocably" addicted (Thanks, Beccca...I owe you!) to the Twilight Series (Jane Meyer)

Oh...and while I'm waiting on the 3rd one...I'm reading Laughter and Tears by Gene Hill...very light, fun reading about an old Gun Dog Man and his special ones...very enjoyable.
Last edited by RR joker; 11/06/07 08:03 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#849969 - 11/06/07 08:06 PM Re: BOL Bookclub RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR joker
Okay..I can now say that I'm "unconditionally and Irrevocably" addicted (Thanks, Beccca...I owe you!) to the Twilight Series (Jane Meyer) ahem...um, that would be STEPHENIE Meyer

Oh...and while I'm waiting on the 3rd one...I'm reading Laughter and Tears by Gene Hill...very light, fun reading about an old Gun Dog Man and his special ones...very enjoyable.

Last edited by RR Becca; 11/06/07 08:07 PM.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7