Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#855281 - 11/15/07 07:19 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Hmmm...
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Clemson.

My blood runneth orange, too.. just a different shade.

GO VOLS!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#855286 - 11/15/07 07:23 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
I liked the OT win against Carolina, Ops. That was pure joy to watch.

Return to Top
#855289 - 11/15/07 07:24 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Hmmm...
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
There should have been no over-time in that game. Best game I've ever seen four teams play. But yes.. beautiful win.. I love any Spurrier loss.

Return to Top
#855290 - 11/15/07 07:25 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Hmmm...
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
I live in Columbia. As a Clemson grad and die hard fan, you just don't know how hard it is hearing about the wonderful Gamecocks and the "Ole Ball Coach" Spurrier. As much as I respect Spurrier, I can't stand Carolina that much more!!!

Return to Top
#855297 - 11/15/07 07:29 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Hmmm...
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Well, I don't like either of 'em. And I've always thought Clemson smells funny.. well.. that whole part of SC stinks. Gotta pick at ACC, though.. It's also in my blood. I'm SEC all the way.

As for Spurrier.. you should read the stuff he & Fulmer used to throw at each other when Stevie was at UF.

Stupid clipboard.

Return to Top
#855301 - 11/15/07 07:32 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Originally Posted By: Ops
My blood runneth orange, too.. just a different shade.

GO VOLS!

Go Illini!!!

I think it may be a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping Illinois goes to the Capital One Bowl since I'll be in Orlando.

Return to Top
#855308 - 11/15/07 07:35 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Skunk Boy
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I accidently set my wedding date (two years ago) on December 3rd.. I flipped out when I figured out it was the date of the SEC championship. This wouldn't be a big deal, but my hubby & I have tickets available to us pretty much any year the Dawgs don't go to the Championship.

I was planning on skipping out waaaay early on my reception if UT went. Luckily for those who attended my wedding, UT sucked it up that season.

Return to Top
#855685 - 11/16/07 01:54 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Queen Mum
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Hey, Pup!!

BOOMER!!!!

..........SOONER!!!!

Return to Top
#855690 - 11/16/07 01:59 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Jokerman
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
Mizzou would be a one-loss team, just like Oregon and LSU, but with a less impressive schedule.

I think you're fogetting the two games MU would have won.

I see one quality win (Illinois in week 1), and they've been unranked for most of the season.

They lost by 10 to the only ranked team on their schedule.

Return to Top
#855694 - 11/16/07 02:07 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
First, we're presuming that one or the other wins out.

Second, regarding OU, they led in the fourth quarter, on the road.

Third, if we're talking we're only going by where teams were ranked when the game was played, MU has two wins over ranked opponents, versus KU's one. If you want to go by what the current rankings of their opponents are, MU has one win (on the road), KU has zero.

Return to Top
#855754 - 11/16/07 01:32 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Jokerman
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
No, we're not presuming anything. What we are discussing are the scenarios for one of these Big XII teams to make it into the National Championship game. IF Kansas wins out, they will be in (with Oregon losing last night, this is pretty much a given now). IF OU wins out, I don't see how any team will surpass them. With a game between KU and MU upcoming, it is 100% senseless to argue which SHOULD be ranked higher. They're less than 10 days away from deciding that on the field.

But, to appease you, and to quote (well, paraphrase) EVERY analyst I've heard, they are a team in a BCS conference that will have gone undefeated (in this scenario), it would be unprecedented to keep them out of the NC behind two 1-loss teams.

Let's say that MU beats KU next week. Does the winner between OU and MU move to #2 and play in the NC game?

My thoughts are that, after this weekend is complete, with Oregon already having lost, KU will move to #2 behind LSU, and OU will move to #3, and MU will move to #4. Next week will feature a regular season matchup between #2 and #4. The result will either be that KU retains #2 (or moves up to #1...that has been discussed) and OU would likely retain their #3 ranking. Then, the Big XII Championship game would feature a matchup between #2 and #3 (assuming OU also wins out). The winner of that game would be in the NC game against LSU (also assuming that they win out).

LSU (coached by former Oklahoma State coach, Les Miles) vs OU in the National Championship game.

OU 38 LSU 24

Return to Top
#855759 - 11/16/07 01:35 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
The big question leading up to this weekend was which of the three has the BEST chance of leapfrogging Oregon. The local thoughts were actually that KU and MU, because of their game against each other, were in the best position to leapfrog Oregon, and that OU might be the odd-team out, even if they were to win out. I agreed with that scenario. But, with Oregon out, if any of the three Big XII teams win out, they will likely play in the NC game.

For the record, Arizona is coached by Mike Stoops, brother of Bob Stoops and former defensive coach for the Oklahoma Sooners. Gotta love what his team did last night.

Return to Top
#855760 - 11/16/07 01:37 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Oregon lost I take it? Did Dixon ever make it back in the game?

Return to Top
#855806 - 11/16/07 02:22 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
No, we're not presuming anything.

Yes we were, for the sake of discussion.

Quote:
But, to appease you, and to quote (well, paraphrase) EVERY analyst I've heard, they are a team in a BCS conference that will have gone undefeated (in this scenario), it would be unprecedented to keep them out of the NC behind two 1-loss teams.

Look, I'm not saying the KU wouldn't deserve to be there if they win out. I'm saying that MU would, too, if they win out.

Quote:
LSU (coached by former Oklahoma State coach, Les Miles) vs OU in the National Championship game.

OU 38 LSU 24

What was your prediction vs. Boise St.?

Edited to add:

Return to Top
#855911 - 11/16/07 03:36 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Jokerman
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Touche.

Yeah, I predicted a double digit win by OU....I think I predicted somewhere between 10-20 points as a margin...I actually don't remember by actual prediction, but I'll bet it's on here somewhere. LOL.

I'm not even really upset about that game. BSU played an outstanding game and OU seemed to get caught on their heels, probably underestimating BSU. That was a very good game and a lot of fun to watch....just wish that my team didn't have to lose. It was a great win for those guys, though.

I just really feel strongly about OU this season. I think they're the most balanced team out there (Run v Pass/Offense v Defense), and they've found some real talent in their freshman QB and RB, and their lines have played VERY well all season.

In watching their loss at Colorado, Cody Hawkins simply played good football, and Dan Hawkins called a perfect game, which is what needed to happen for them to win it. Cody Hawkins will have a great college career and probably move to the next level with some success. It's nice to have some quality QB's here in the Big XII, the home of the ground n pound.

LSU has been touted all season as having the most talented team in the country, so there is DEFINITELY cause for concern if it comes down to an LSU/OU NC game.

Return to Top
#855922 - 11/16/07 03:40 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? kms
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Originally Posted By: kms
Oregon lost I take it? Did Dixon ever make it back in the game?

Yeah, they lost. Dixon didn't get back in, but he was walking, so he should be okay...just not sure how long he'll be out. Although the Oregon loss GREATLY helps OU's chances for a shot at the Nat'l Championship, it sucks to see Dixon get hurt. He's a great athlete and the leader of a very powerful team. When he's on the field, Oregon is an outstanding team!!

He seemed to be taking it very well on the sideline, too...cheering on his team and his backup QB. He seemed optimistic when talking to the sideline reporter.

Return to Top
#856030 - 11/16/07 04:28 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

OU 38 LSU 24

Pup - predictions like this make me think it is time to have you put down...you clearly are showing signs of being rabid

but if it truly gets down to this in the NC, I'll bet a 6 pack of Abita Amber (nice local brew) against one of your local brews...

Return to Top
#856759 - 11/17/07 12:22 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? HappyGilmore
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
I'll take the bet simply because....well, why not. LOL.

The Amber sounds nice, but I'll have to do some research for what we have in local brews. I'm not giving you a spread, but I will roadtrip next summer to BRING you your brew (depending on exactly how far that is, of course), should LSU beat OU in the NC game. You are in Texas, right?

Return to Top
#856780 - 11/17/07 04:14 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I read that Dixon's gonna have to have knee surgery.

Return to Top
#856781 - 11/17/07 04:42 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Man, that sucks. He is one heckuva football player. I hope he heals well and comes back strong next season!!

Return to Top
#856796 - 11/17/07 06:37 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Hmmm...
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Hmmm...
I live in Columbia. As a Clemson grad and die hard fan, you just don't know how hard it is hearing about the wonderful Gamecocks and the "Ole Ball Coach" Spurrier. As much as I respect Spurrier, I can't stand Carolina that much more!!!

Don't worry, you will not have to hear about Spurrier in SC much longer. Give it two weeks and we will be announcing Spurrier as our new head coach. Stoops and Brown better be scared, real scared-that's right!

Return to Top
#856800 - 11/17/07 07:31 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Texas Boy
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Who is "we"? TTech? Tex A&M? Baylor?

If you're referring to Baylor, they are saying that Mike Singletary will be offered the job there.

Return to Top
#856824 - 11/18/07 03:40 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I sure as heck hope TTech keeps whoopin' up on Oklahoma! They're dropping like flies.

And what about Lloyd Carr supposedly announcing his retirement this week?.. Sad for Michigan fans.

Return to Top
#856830 - 11/18/07 07:17 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? HappyGilmore
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Quote:

OU 38 LSU 24

Pup - predictions like this make me think it is time to have you put down...you clearly are showing signs of being rabid

but if it truly gets down to this in the NC, I'll bet a 6 pack of Abita Amber (nice local brew) against one of your local brews...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, warm crow is yummy!!

Wow, with Bradford out early, it took a LONG time for OU to get it together. Bummer. Now, I'm torn. I'm a Sooner fan, so I want them to win out and be the Big XII Champs, but if they do, then the Big XII won't have a rep in the NC game. I'd really like to see Kansas win this whole thing....

Oh well....BOOMER!!!!

Return to Top
#856836 - 11/18/07 07:01 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I would *almost* bet on Kanses losing a game. Mizzou then Big 12 Championship? Nope.. don't think they're gonna do it.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8