Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#860287 - 11/26/07 03:59 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
you know, in the internet world picking on another's spelling is usually the argument of someone who has nothing to support their own points. Usually that ploy is used by teens but I am glad to see it extend into the adult population of BOL.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#861634 - 11/28/07 12:41 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
You should have capitalized the "y" in "you know,...".

Ops....I'm sure I took you up on your offer!!

Anyone want to crown West Virginia now and jinx them?

Return to Top
#861646 - 11/28/07 02:10 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Pup
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
Anyone want to crown West Virginia now and jinx them?

GLADLY. West Virginia, buncha pansies...

Heck, if ya promise to wash your toes, I'll lick them anyways. Dang it, I was wrong.
Last edited by Ops; 11/28/07 02:10 AM.
Return to Top
#861650 - 11/28/07 02:28 AM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
you know, in the internet world picking on another's spelling is usually the argument of someone who has nothing to support their own points. Usually that ploy is used by teens but I am glad to see it extend into the adult population of BOL

arguement

Also, with just 2 teams losing this weekend, we could see LSU v Ohio State in the NCG.

BTW - in the internet world, when you correct someone for poor grammar, it means that your arguement is superior and does not need defensing.

Return to Top
#861763 - 11/28/07 02:48 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? HappyGilmore
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
LOL, whatever Happy, you really think if Missouri and W. Virginia lose you get in?

Return to Top
#861766 - 11/28/07 02:50 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
oh, and i trust you realize that arguement isn't correct and are just being funny....

Return to Top
#861807 - 11/28/07 03:29 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
WVA will NOT lose to Pitt. Mizzou could lose to OU. The NC game will either be:

Mizzou v. WVA or
Ohio State v. WVA

Return to Top
#861810 - 11/28/07 03:33 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? grmasterb
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I really think every conference needs to have a championship.

Return to Top
#861813 - 11/28/07 03:36 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I don't think that's necessary if every team in the conference plays every other team.

Return to Top
#861816 - 11/28/07 03:36 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
the only time I don't feel it's necessary is like the Pac-10. every team plays each other so whoever wins the conference won because they played everybody in their conference.

Return to Top
#861844 - 11/28/07 03:53 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The Big East teams play every other team in their conference as well. That's the best way to determine a true conference champion, everything is decided on the field.

Last edited by DSchrute; 11/28/07 03:54 PM.
Return to Top
#861849 - 11/28/07 03:56 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I know a conference championship *isn't* the answer. It wouldn't accomplish anything. It's just irritating that those less "talented" or "competitive" conferences usually have that team that finish in the Top 15 (or higher). Let's face it.. WV isn't the same caliber as the LSU, Ohio State, and USC-type teams of the country.

As much as I love college football, I get so fed up with it.
Last edited by Ops; 11/28/07 03:57 PM.
Return to Top
#861864 - 11/28/07 04:07 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
WVU is of the caliber of the teams you mentioned. No offense to Missouri, but I'm kind of hoping that WVU get's to play Ohio State in the final, to shoot down this myth.

Is Georgia one of those elite teams in your mind? because WVU just beat them in the Sugar Bowl last year.

Return to Top
#861933 - 11/28/07 04:40 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Bankster
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
DS, I'm just going off of what I've watched. I'm not one of those fans who ONLY watches his (or her, in my case) team play; I really try to keep up with the entire country, or at least those worth mentioning each year. WV plays some entertaining football (especially what I saw last year).. but man, comparatively speaking, it's sloppy.

I hope for you that *does* happen. I won't change my mind on Big East, or Pac 10, for that matter, until I see some good, consistent, SOLID football against more than one good, consistent, solid football team.

I'm a Dawg hater. You'll very seldom see me write anything positive about UGA. And quite frankly, in the event that WV *does* lose, I'd hate to see UGA go. I don't think a team who can't with its conference should play in the NC. And yes, I'm one of those retarded SEC fans referred to earlier.

GO VOLS, dammit!

Return to Top
#861950 - 11/28/07 04:54 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
I think the SEC is spreading their sour milk here, W. Virginia is probably the most explosive team out there right now. They just beat a top 25 team by 40, Slayton and White are a very good tandem and I hope they get Ohio ST also to prove to everybody that they are good. I wonder when LSU loses to Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl what excuse the SEC will come up with for why their teams lose....

Return to Top
#861958 - 11/28/07 05:00 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I don't think being top 25...or even top 20 this year shows much about a team. My opinion.

I was never even remotely impressed by UConn. Yet again, my opinion.

Guess we have to wait until after the SEC Championship for anything, now don't we?

If you watched SEC football week in and week out, you'd probably feel the same way as Happy & me.

Return to Top
#861963 - 11/28/07 05:05 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
if any conference has a gripe it's the Big 12, 2 weeks OU was primed to play in the national title game until the quarterback got hurt, then the #2 and #4 teams in the country had to play each other, knocking #2 Kansas out of the title hunt. This week #1 missouri has to play OU and could lose and the big 12 would have the third team in as many weeks knocked out of the national title game.

Return to Top
#861965 - 11/28/07 05:09 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
i do ops, i watch more SEC football than Big 12 football and that's why I am not impressed. LSU was the fraud I told you they were. They snuck past bad teams and you acted like the conferance was good. Alabama lost to ULAMO(la monroe) for crying out loud..

Return to Top
#861966 - 11/28/07 05:10 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
Originally Posted By: Ops
I don't think being top 25...or even top 20 this year shows much about a team. My opinion.

unless it's an SEC team in which case it's justification....

Return to Top
#861994 - 11/28/07 05:32 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? X O
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: XO XO XODUS
you acted like the conferance was good.

I don't have to act.

And as for Bama losing to Louisiana Monroe.. I was as surprised as I'm sure you were. Just one of the many, many upsets this year.

Give Saban a couple years, man. He's working off of Shula's [censored].

Return to Top
#862005 - 11/28/07 05:41 PM Re: Ohio State v LSU in BCS??? Ops
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
I have no doubt Saban will be good, look at what Miles did with his players...

Return to Top
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8