Thread Options
#85892 - 06/06/03 06:11 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kill pigeons with tennis balls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I once killed an adult raccoon with a regulation softball. (It's a long story.)

Gezzzeeeee you guys are mean.

(I once put potato chips on a slug...)

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#85893 - 06/06/03 06:27 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Luser Offline
Luser
Ohio,WV,KY
I can kill Wild Turkey with a shot glass

Return to Top
#85894 - 06/06/03 06:28 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Johncrcm Offline
100 Club
Eastern KY
Quote:

Dawnie and I are into wine appreciation. Any other winos out there?

Not me, but according to Leno the other nite, Sammy Sosa, Chicago Cubs Slugger by trade has new wine out, "Corked Bat". a new blend with lots more power.:)

You had to be there to savor the moment

Return to Top
#85895 - 06/06/03 06:28 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
marcy Offline
100 Club
marcy
Prior to banking, I was a church organist that was backup for several New York churches and once played at an auditorium in Missouri that held 5,000 people. I even tried my hand at restoring an old Skinner organ. There's nothing like playing a little Marcel Dupre after a frustrating day! I also play recorder aka blockfloete and dulcimer.

A talent I'm trying to develop now is mixed drinks. Perhaps I should practice at the conference. hmmmm

Return to Top
#85896 - 06/06/03 06:29 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Quote:

Gezzzeeeee you guys are mean.

I blame my wife.

Her Chocolate Lab, Bear, was not interested in staying in the yard. One evening, she left him out unsupervised too long, and he took off. He showed up after dark in the middle of the front yard, covered with swamp, and chewing on an angry raccoon.

So the raccoon is screaming, the dog is chewing, and my wife is yelling at me to "do something" because "it's going to bite him and give him rabies and he'll DIE". Right.

I played for the bank softball team at the time, and happened to have a handful in the closet near the door. I grabbed three, with the intention of whacking the dog in the rump to get him off the 'coon. (NO idea what the next step would be...)

The first ball went high and outside, and rolled out into the street. The second was too short, and it actually bounced over both of them. The third one hit something that cracked (and at that instant I was certain it broke the dog's jaw, and "how much is this going to cost?" went thru my mind).

Turns out I nailed the raccoon in the head, from about 30 feet. Probably the best pitch I ever threw. The raccoon stopped squealing, and the dog looked at me as if to say "what did you do now?" He trotted over to us like nothing ever happened, and sat there while my wife checked him for bite marks. (Stupid dog.)

We watched the raccoon out the front window for awhile - he wasn't moving much, if at all. Before she went to bed, my wife said "you'd better bury that thing before the kids wake up..."

I am not a dog person. And obviously, I am not a raccoon person. I've never met a cat that caused this kind of problem.

Return to Top
#85897 - 06/06/03 06:37 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Quote:

Ever been to Chicago for the Bullshooters tournament?

No, Jelo, but it sounds like a good reason for a trip! I only started playing about a year ago, and I still have a long way to go, but I've improved a lot. Hey, do you guys do the "knuckles" thing after each shot? I'm trying to figure out whether that's general-all-purpose darts protocol, or if somebody here in Alabama just made it up!

Return to Top
#85898 - 06/06/03 06:44 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Hey, I was going to shoot this rabbit that is eating my husband's garden. I went out with my .22, looked her straight in the eye, then went and covered the lettuce with netting instead. I just can't bring myself to shoot anything unless I intend to eat it. (Or it endangers my cats!)

Return to Top
#85899 - 06/06/03 06:51 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Bartman, loooong story, but worth the telling

I heard this morning that they have done a study on wine with corks and wine with twist offs. Turns out that the wine with the twist offs is better. Who knew? Now I can throw away all those corkscrews that I have been collecting. It seemed like everytime we traveled we would take a bottle or 2 of wine and then we would have to go to the store to find a corkscrew. Sheesh, I have them everywhere; both cars, tote bags, suitcase, etc.

Return to Top
#85900 - 06/06/03 06:57 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Bartman! Great story!

Umm Soccermom...save those corkscrews. Screwtop wine is not nearly up to par with corked wine. Corks are changing (plastic and cork now are used) but good wine...needs a cork dangit! (I'm a traditionalist)

You won't find a Lafite Rothschild Bordeaux 1998 with a twist off top! (shuddering) Say it ain't so!!!!

Return to Top
#85901 - 06/06/03 07:01 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Go Royals Offline
Go Royals
Lincoln, Nebraska
So "Box O' Wine" is probably out as well.

Return to Top
#85902 - 06/06/03 07:04 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
::falling to the floor in a dead faint!::

(Only if the keg is running dry and you need something to lay under with a tap on the side)

Return to Top
#85903 - 06/06/03 07:20 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

Dawnie and I are into wine appreciation. Any other winos out there?

Include me on the list ...

Return to Top
#85904 - 06/06/03 07:22 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Marriage seminar

MEN !!!!
While attending a marriage seminar on communication,
David and his wife listened to the instructor
declare, “It is essential that husbands and wives
know the things that are important to each other.”

He addressed the man, “Can you describe your wife’s
favorite flower?”

David leaned over, touched his wife’s arm gently and
whispered, “Pillsbury All-Purpose, isn’t it?”

1. "Flower" and "flour" are homophones, so David's confusion is certainly understandable.
2. Does his wife use a brand other than Pillsbury? If so, not a good move, Dave.
3. At least he didn't say "it's white and powdery (although technically, that would be descriptive, as asked).
4. Just what do women want? (oh boy, am I gonna regret asking that).

Return to Top
#85905 - 06/06/03 07:22 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

I can kill Wild Turkey with a shot glass

You know, WildTurkey posts here quite frequently, and usually has pretty good insight. You just leave WildTurkey alone!

Return to Top
#85906 - 06/06/03 07:24 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

I own and run a resturant with my husband. So I can offically bartend, waitress, hostess, cook and wash dishes all at the same time!

I can carry 5 plates on one arm ...talent from working as a waitress in college.

I also love to draw and paint.

Return to Top
#85907 - 06/06/03 07:25 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL But Magic...it would be fun to watch him dodge the shot glasses!

And Stephen...LILACS! LOL not powdered flowers.

Return to Top
#85908 - 06/06/03 07:30 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I enjoy wine. Someone gave me a bottle with a Laurier label, a pinot noir. She got it as a gift from her boss, but as she is a beer drinker, she gave it to me. It was excellent! Have not been able to find that label here in Wisconsin - yet.

Return to Top
#85909 - 06/06/03 07:37 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

These days, my hobbies are jumping in mud puddles with my daughter and teaching her to "skim" board at the beach!

My son just turned 20 and is in college ...and we used to jump in mud puddles too! I can still see the joy on his face. What fun ...I think I'm gonna drink some wine tonight and find a mud puddle!

Return to Top
#85910 - 06/06/03 07:41 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Domaine Laurier pinot noir is a Sonoma Valley Pinot that has recently begun showing up on the award charts. It's quite reasonably priced, I think around $20 a bottle. (It does come with a cork Soccer)

It's worth stocking up on. We have some in the basement...2001 I believe, that we're sitting on a couple more years before we crack it open. there has been some talk it will mature well so we thought at the price we'd give it a chance. Normally at that price it's din din in a week

Return to Top
#85911 - 06/06/03 07:44 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I'm a professional wedding photographer on the weekends. I'm starting my own business this fall. Strictly digital....Here's my website ....

Return to Top
#85912 - 06/06/03 07:47 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I absolutely LOVE the little girl pic. Black and Whites always have been my favorite. What a great shot!

Return to Top
#85913 - 06/06/03 07:52 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
To cork or not to cork (not bats, you dingee). Let me clarify my post, they didn't say the wine that now comes in twistees is better. They said that when any wine is bottled, the wine is better with a twistee than with a cork. Hasn't been a problem before now.

As for what is in the store now, I only look at the corked wines (my favorite at this time is a Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio 2000) just can't seem to find anymore. I really don't look for the winerys to change though, corkscew lobbyists can't make anything off of baseball (and for the record, I think it was an accident) -- and I have been keeping them in business for years with the way I pack.

As for the "Box O Wine", LOL LOL

Return to Top
#85914 - 06/06/03 08:17 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I absolutely LOVE the little girl pic. Black and Whites always have been my favorite. What a great shot!

Thanks...She was just so stressed out that day. I couldn't resist taking the shot. I'm hoping to do digital image editing too... It's amazing what you can do these days with the right programs.

Return to Top
#85915 - 06/06/03 08:22 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you fix bad lighting on my wedding pictures caused by a drunk photographer whose flash malfunctioned? Most of the pictures are half dark and half light. Last time I let an acquaintance (supposed photographer) talk me into letting him take pictures of an important event! (And, yes, I did check out previous weddings he had shot--they were nice, but I think they were taken before he gave up golf and took up drinking as a hobby.)

Return to Top
#85916 - 06/06/03 08:34 PM Re: Friday Frivolity for June 6, 2003
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Can you fix bad lighting on my wedding pictures caused by a drunk photographer whose flash malfunctioned? Most of the pictures are half dark and half light. Last time I let an acquaintance (supposed photographer) talk me into letting him take pictures of an important event! (And, yes, I did check out previous weddings he had shot--they were nice, but I think they were taken before he gave up golf and took up drinking as a hobby.)

Go to the website and email me and we can discuss it offline. Thanks

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5