Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#86161 - 06/06/03 05:43 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Dawnie, try it again! Maybe you can print it and put it on your window!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#86162 - 06/06/03 05:52 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Are you kidding Maria? I'm having it blown up and wallpapering the windows in my office with it!

(Or is that windowpapering?) I'm off to Fairbanks next week for four nights, where the sun is actually at 24 hours up now (we get about 40 mins somewhere in the middle of the night of darkness right now...losing 4 to 5 a day).

Then...off to Boston, and I have to tell you, I'm looking forward to the night life...no not at the bars...the NIGHT! I'm gonna sleep as soon as the sun goes down!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#86163 - 06/06/03 06:01 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Dawnie-Boston's a cool city, make sure you have dinner at Legal Seafood Restaurant, there are several of them.
The best New England clam chowder (except for Captain Toby's on Nantucket Is, Ma.)!
Night-night then.

Return to Top
#86164 - 06/06/03 06:16 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Is there seafood that isn't legal in Boston?

Actually I ate there last year, and yes, it was yummy! I also tried the traditional food throughout town (Boston Baked Beans really aren't anything special ya know). Boston Cream Pie...well that is some food worth repeating!

Those blue crabs are kinda icky. We shell our seafood before we eat them. But...the lobster is smaller than ours, but so much sweeter! I loved loved loved the lobster!

Other than chowder and lobster, I stay away from seafood. I get plenty of it all summer long here I used to have an oyster and clam farm in Washington as well. Oysters I might eat one or two, but I prefer them cooked in an open fire til they just open up. Little horseradish and chili sauce...mmmm You never see that at a restaurant.

And frankly...if you've ever lived in the land of great steamer clams...those silly little bowls of clams with clairified butter just don't cut it. We cook 4 or 5 gallons in a HUGE pot, and dip them in melted, salty and foamy butter. No fancy sauce (dolup of white wine and garlic in the bottom of the pot) No fancy dippings...just ODDLES of clams

Return to Top
#86165 - 06/06/03 06:22 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
IMHO, nothing beats the sweetness of a North Atlantic lobster.
But Dawnie, if you go to Boston in the fall, you must try the bay scallops, nothing like it in the world.
You were talking about oysters, we buy the toxic (just kidding) NJ steamer clams and roast them on a grill and serve with lots of melted butter! Yum.
Now, if it will only stop raining long enough for a BBQ!

Return to Top
#86166 - 06/06/03 06:27 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Oh my -- the bay scallops -- last year's vacation was on Cape Cod -- I ate scallops by the ton. How am I supposed to concentrate on bank-stuff now????????

Return to Top
#86167 - 06/06/03 06:27 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Ohhhh I must have missed scallop season...maybe I can change the trip. I love scallops I guess that means the OCC can't visit in the fall...I'm sure they'll understand

Return to Top
#86168 - 06/06/03 06:34 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ellen, when I was a kid, we'd spend summers on Nantucket (before it was spoiled by commerce & tourism) at my great-aunt's big old house. She had friends that would take us scalloping every fall (around end of October).
Those were the days, and now I am getting hungry, too!

Return to Top
#86169 - 06/06/03 07:11 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
For those coming to ABA NRCC, there is a Legal Seafood Restaurant in Reagan National airport, too.

Return to Top
#86170 - 06/06/03 07:51 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Leave it to a bunch of compliance types to favor a restaurant named "Legal".

Return to Top
#86171 - 06/06/03 07:56 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That's funny!

Return to Top
#86172 - 06/06/03 08:41 PM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
Quote:

Ellen, when I was a kid, we'd spend summers on Nantucket (before it was spoiled by commerce & tourism) at my great-aunt's big old house. She had friends that would take us scalloping every fall (around end of October).
Those were the days, and now I am getting hungry, too!

Maria - I would go Nantucket anytime. I just love it there. Certainly increased tourist business has chnaged it but I hardly would call it "spoiled". Fifty years ago nobody wanted to be there. Talk about your low to mod neighborhoods! The place was in sad shape. But not now!
How could anyone be disappointed with breakfast at the Jared Coffin House? or a walk down Main Street? or lunch at the Brotherhood of Thieves? or an afternoon at 'Sconset Beach. Maybe you just need to up the limit on your "Gold Card"!

Return to Top
#86173 - 06/09/03 12:57 AM Re: The SUN! - NJ, PA, NY, CT & MD!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Dear Tom C,
I guess I was thinking about Madaket Beach before it was overrun with condos and beach houses, where you could take your horse and ride like the wind and the only thing you were worried about were the ticks (not lyme ticks, just the ordinary tick) in the high beach grass and dunes; and then yes, your Mom would burn them out of you with a match, now call the "child police"... And you could pick all of the beautiful wild blackberries and blueberries...And your great-aunt would make jam out of rose-hips... And you could hunt in the "dumps" for antique glass bottles...And now, well, maybe the food is better, but I cannot agree with you, because nothing else is... And Tom, you might have though it underdeveloped and uninspired, however, after the whalers left, it became an artists' community; then converted into an elite playground only because the artists couldn't afford to live there anymore.
IMHO! I am off my soapbox now.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2