Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#86231 - 06/06/03 03:40 PM Kirchman in Boston
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Is anyone else attending the Kirchman seminar in Boston next week?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#86232 - 06/06/03 05:15 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Well dang woman...I'm going to PCI for training the week of the 20th in Boston. Tell Kirchman to hold off

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#86233 - 06/06/03 05:54 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Well, I guess I'll be without BOL buddies, but I'll scope things out for you! Is your seminar at the Wyndham Downtown?

I noticed that your title is CRA Queen--I've just this morning been appointed Privacy Czar. Don't you think we should get tiaras (or at least hats) for holding such important positions? I've already put in my requisition...

Return to Top
#86234 - 06/06/03 05:58 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I wish I was going, but Phyllis, I am called the Complaint Officer, does that mean I can get a gun & a badge?

Return to Top
#86235 - 06/06/03 06:07 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
No Maria, you get a pencil and pad of paper to take notes on the complaints silly...oh and a waste paper basket to "store" them in.

Umm Phyllis...I actually have a tiara LOL actually I have a few I'll loan you one!

I got a great deal on the Omni Parker House Hotel. It's a very old historic hotel in the city. Be sure to visit it and have some Boston Cream Pie (they invented it). Our training is actually just around the corner from the hotel at the offices of the company doing the training (PCI).

They're very good to us when we visit. They show us all the fun places in town and make sure to get us into the coolest restaurants (HINT HINT IF YOU WORK FOR PCI AND YOU"RE READING THIS!!!) They've yet to book us for Tea at the Ritz though...so I had to book it myself

Make sure to visit the Omni House for lunch or dinner while you're there. It's wonderful...OH! And Swiss Hotel! We stayed there last year and had fondeau (melted cheese...I can't spell in english, let alone french). The cheese and a lovely glass of sweet german wine...mmmmmmm I can't wait!

Return to Top
#86236 - 06/06/03 06:16 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Quote:

does that mean I can get a gun & a badge?

Maybe one of those gun belts that actually holds bottles of tequila and shot glasses... Can't keep 'em from complaining, but you don't have to take it too seriously!

Return to Top
#86237 - 06/06/03 06:18 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Thanks for the advance info, Dawnie--I'll let you know if I manage to get into anything!

Return to Top
#86238 - 06/06/03 06:20 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I love Boston. If for some reason I was to get banned from NYC and had to live someplace else, I would have to live in Boston. New England is my second favorite place in the world. The only bad thing is the traffic, it's even worse than here (and this is bad,bad,bad). The last time the ABA Conference was in Boston, it took me more than 90 minutes to get from the airport -- and that was on a Sunday! The plane ride was less than an hour. I was in traffic so long I forgot that I was not home.

Return to Top
#86239 - 06/06/03 06:30 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
So Anchorage is out of the question? Trafic is a dream! Airport drive...lets see about 7 mins. Drive to work 5 mins...drive to where I can fish....20 mins....drive to where I can be chased by a bear...30 mins....and no need to drive to moose land...they sleep in the front yard during the winter It's a lot like NY...No really....really!

I was in NY over the holidays. I need to go again and spend more time!

Return to Top
#86240 - 06/06/03 06:34 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
You are right Dawnie... should't rule out Anchorage cause I've never been there. But Wow, you've been everywhere! Is there anywhere you haven't been that you wish to be?

Return to Top
#86241 - 06/06/03 06:50 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Hmmm, you mean I was supposed to listen to the complaints?
I like the tequila idea better!

Return to Top
#86242 - 06/06/03 07:03 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I have a long list of "to go" places. But ranked towards the top would be Ireland (pub crawl and golf) and Denmark. Denmark will probably happen next year. My sweetie is working with a client from there and we've been invited so many times it's starting to look like we're avoiding them when we say no

Scandanavia..(sp?) and an African Safari (Picture only!) are near the top of the list as well. Actually the list runs sort of sideways LOL

The Russian air space recently opened up so you can fly to Russia in half an hour from Nome Alaska. I'm going to do that this winter for sure. My Russian sucks...but I know how to say "Wodka" which should be good enough for a weekend trip!

I live to travel. I probably have ignored the US too much, but with a sweetie in Houston TX who likes to wander as much as I do, I'm getting back on schedule. He likes to explore the US and I love international travel..so hopefully we'll balance each other out, before our pockets run dry!

Return to Top
#86243 - 06/06/03 07:05 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
When my son was 7 he kept telling me that he wanted to go to Australia some day. Lo and behold at 13 he realized his dream and spent 3 weeks in New Zealand and Australia. Lucky kid!!

Return to Top
#86244 - 06/06/03 07:13 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Jill Offline
Jill
Mississippi
If you like Italian- you must go find one of the small, family owned Italian restaurants in the North End! Or get some pizza at Regina's- yum!

Return to Top
#86245 - 06/06/03 07:24 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Jill, I forgot, I've already booked a reservation at Mamma Maries (something like that...my assistant booked it) in the North End. We ate there last year after getting lost on the "trail". Two blocks off the trail was this FABULOUS Italian botique kind of family restaurant in a two story home. It was as good as Italy, with a lovely wine list! My sheltered assistant was quite shocked at the difference between that place and papa johns pizza here!

She booked the reservation and mentioned it me later LOL She loved it!

Return to Top
#86246 - 06/06/03 09:17 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Jill Offline
Jill
Mississippi
Don't forget to stop by Mike's Pastry Shop on Hanover for a late night snack!

Return to Top
#86247 - 06/06/03 11:17 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL we're going to gain 400 lbs on this trip! (but I've printed out the thread)

Tom sent me the best tour guide book (ok he wrote out directions) to get me to the coast and back...with shopping, antiques, views, local history and food included. We're going to have too much fun. Maybe we should cut out a day of the training....I'm such a bad boss!

Return to Top
#86248 - 06/09/03 01:09 AM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Gee Dawnie, I thought that you wanted to sleep when it was dark.., how are you ever going to manage???

Return to Top
#86249 - 06/09/03 06:08 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I may have to stay up and just look at the darkness to soak it all up.

I've added another item to my agenda...I need to find a Humidor for my sweetie's birthday. Any cigar shops of note?????

My assistant is just dying. I'm going to turn her into a cool chick any day now...(she's a certified hick who's rarely left her little town of Wasilla Alaska in her lifetime). I'm taking her out wine tasting...want to build up a future drinking buddy for seminars ya know! And I'm bringing some cigarillo’s (little lady cigars) and hitting all the cigar shops to find Jess the perfect gift. I upgraded her flights to first class so she can hang out with all the worst people too!!!

Geeze her husband is going to think ill of me when she comes home hung over and smelling like a cigar and claiming she'll never fly coach again!!!! Heh Heh, I love corrupting America’s youth!

Return to Top
#86250 - 06/09/03 07:22 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
Quote:

I've added another item to my agenda...I need to find a Humidor for my sweetie's birthday. Any cigar shops of note?????

Try L J Peretti Co 2 1/2 Park Square, Boston. They have been there since 1870 and say they have the largest selection of humidors in the nation and possibly the world. They are located just across from Boston Common at Charles and Boylston Street. Ask for directions or call them at 1-800-797-9557

Return to Top
#86251 - 06/09/03 08:17 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Tom...You're a god! Thanks so much!!!!!

Return to Top
#86252 - 06/09/03 08:31 PM Re: Kirchman in Boston
Tom C Offline
100 Club
South of Boston
"A god" may be a little lofty for me. I have been called a "pack rat" before, but my personal preference is the "ultimate resource". Although, "lord of the manor" is nice too!

Return to Top