Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#86342 - 06/06/03 07:58 PM Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like a thread on wine is in order. I'll start it saying that good wine is now very affordable. However, I am not sure "Two Buck Chuck" is a good wine.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#86343 - 06/06/03 08:01 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I drink lately is Eastern Australian Shiraz

Return to Top
#86344 - 06/06/03 11:24 PM Re: Wine
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If you're a Pinot lover, the Edna Valley 2001 is quite drinkable. It retails about $15 to $16 a bottle and is well worth more than that.

I just had a lovely sav. blanc by a northwest winery called Gorden. I think it was a 2001 (they ran out of the case that night at the club). Quite lovely and in the same cost range as the Pinot above.

Of course a 1998 bordeaux...well they can't be beat But at $100 to $20O a pop...I'll let the sweetie buy those. Bankers can't afford the stuff LOL

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#86345 - 06/10/03 08:36 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you tried Boynton's of Bright? I was not a big fan of Australian wine until a friend introduced me to Boynton's. It is the best Shiraz that I have ever tasted. In Ohio, it runs about $18.00.

Return to Top
#86346 - 06/10/03 09:15 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have not tried that but now I will. Not used to paying more than $5.99 for a bottle of Yellow Tail!

Return to Top
#86347 - 06/10/03 09:33 PM Re: Wine
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
There was a big "buzz" (no pun intended) around the office one day about the "fantastic wine" on the the VPs had.
Turns out it was just Arbor Mist.

Return to Top
#86348 - 06/10/03 09:40 PM Re: Wine
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL oh ya, yummy stuff!

I had several glasses of a great bottle of wine last night. When my head quits hurting and I can speak again (the cigars seem to have robbed me of the ability to speak) I'll try to remember what the heck it was

Return to Top
#86349 - 06/10/03 09:52 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

LOL oh ya, yummy stuff!

I had several glasses of a great bottle of wine last night. When my head quits hurting and I can speak again (the cigars seem to have robbed me of the ability to speak) I'll try to remember what the heck it was

You know, there are probably 12-step programs in your area to help you remember!

Return to Top
#86350 - 06/10/03 10:28 PM Re: Wine
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Heh Heh, wasn't quite that bad It's those darned cigars! Bad bad things. I swear I'm giving them up someday

It was Adelsheim? (I'm guessing on the spelling) pinot noir...there no 12 steps necessary (besides I'm bad at committment...I probably wouldn't make it past about 7 steps)

Return to Top
#86351 - 06/11/03 12:29 PM Re: Wine
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I found a really cool bottle of a shiraz/cab mix. It was called "Old Fart" but was really quite good. We gave a bottle to my Dad!

Return to Top
#86352 - 06/11/03 01:14 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't drink much wine. I do like a Rose Champagne! I stocked up for the Y2K New Year's party. Good stuff

Return to Top
#86353 - 06/11/03 01:23 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Dawnie...I just think that Cigars and wine are awesome too! If you had said cigars and Crown, you would have (as Emeril says) kicked it up a notch!

Your friendly, neighborhood BOL USer

Return to Top
#86354 - 06/11/03 04:24 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pulling two threads here...one of the things on my "to do" list is to become a wine connoisseur. Where do you experts recommend starting? (Just bought a corkscrew last week, so I'm ready!)

Return to Top
#86355 - 06/11/03 05:53 PM Re: Wine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why don't you get a copy of Wine Conisseur(sp) and glance through it. It rates many wines. You might see a label that attracts you.

Return to Top
#86356 - 06/11/03 06:37 PM Re: Wine
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

I'm pulling two threads here...one of the things on my "to do" list is to become a wine connoisseur. Where do you experts recommend starting? (Just bought a corkscrew last week, so I'm ready!)

How about the Wine Spectator... also, try Epicurious.com, lots of cool stuff to check out! Before you know it, you will be a wine taster & gourmet!

Return to Top