Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#853376 - 11/13/07 05:09 PM Instant Issue Debit Card
baseball banker Offline
baseball banker
California
Is anyone familiar with an instant issue or expedited issue program for Debit Cards? As community bank, one of our biggest challenges is providing more timely debit card issuance, both as a replacement for damaged cards and new cards.

Is anyone familiar with a vendor or product available which will allow for quicker turnaround? Our current vendor will provide an express card program as an excpetion at an astronomical price.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#854423 - 11/14/07 07:53 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card baseball banker
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but there are instant issue prepaid cards available. But I believe they usually require a 2 step process -- the consumer gets the temp card at the time of purchase, and can only use it with the initial load amount, but can use it for purchases and ATMs. They receive a permanent, personalized card later in the mail and must use that for reloading. Check some of the Prepaid ezines on the web; they are full of issuers and processors and should help you find a direction for more info.

Return to Top
#857284 - 11/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card hobot
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
we actually have a machine in house for this purpose. All our branches our within the state so our turn around time is 3 days. meaning if a customer brought in a damaged card today he would have a new one back on wednesday. depending on how close you are, some people get it same day...

Return to Top
#857308 - 11/19/07 08:12 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card baseball banker
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: baseball banker
Is anyone familiar with an instant issue or expedited issue program for Debit Cards? As community bank, one of our biggest challenges is providing more timely debit card issuance, both as a replacement for damaged cards and new cards.

Is anyone familiar with a vendor or product available which will allow for quicker turnaround? Our current vendor will provide an express card program as an excpetion at an astronomical price.

our branches have instant card personalization so that as soon as they open an account, they can leave the branch with an active debit card.

i think metavante might be the vendor.

Return to Top
#857631 - 11/19/07 11:09 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card kitten
Lil'Belle Offline
100 Club
Lil'Belle
Texas, United States
Does a debit card have to be issued that quickly? What I mean is we have our customer wait 30 days before we issue a card. We actually check if they are being responsible maintaining their account.

Return to Top
#860676 - 11/26/07 10:04 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card Lil'Belle
Nick Phillips Offline
illinois
We started with the "wait 30 days" policy but quickly dropped it. We don't have instant issue but the turnaround time with our vendor is not too horrible (5-7 days)

Return to Top
#864036 - 11/30/07 06:31 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card Nick Phillips
stoked Offline
100 Club
stoked
inside
At the bank I was at we had instant issue ATM cards. It gave the account owner instant access to his money. We would then order the debit card for the account if the customer was established with us or wait 30 days if they were brand-new. The customer never felt that they were being denied access, we incurred less risk, and never had to deal with the hassel of storing or producing debit cards. An ATM plastic is usually cheaper than than anything with a VISA or MC logo.

Return to Top
#864128 - 11/30/07 07:19 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card stoked
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
I have worked at a bank where we issue debits card immediately and give next day availability. This caused the bank to get scammed by a group of 5-10 people they were a ring of preople using the same checks. So then they put in place diff procedures and we held every check that was used to open a new account.

But all the other banks I've worked at it's been a 5-11 business day turn around.

Return to Top
#864489 - 11/30/07 11:21 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card Nick Phillips
Lil'Belle Offline
100 Club
Lil'Belle
Texas, United States
Our vendor is not to bad either, 5 - 7 days. I know it's not too convenient for the customer to have to wait 30 days especially now these days when writing checks is a thing of the past. However, we have stuck to a 30 day waiting period and of course you have those you make exceptions for.

Return to Top
#867576 - 12/06/07 03:35 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card baseball banker
rem Offline
New Poster
we have had ongoing discussions with the group below, try them out.
Matt Buydos
Elliott Data Systems, Inc
17825 Edison Avenue
Chesterfield, Missouri 63005
Phone: 636-386-8400
Fax: 636-386-3072
mbuydos@elliottdata.com

Return to Top
#873490 - 12/14/07 06:52 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card rem
D. Kerstein Offline
New Poster
D. Kerstein
Austin, TX
Dynamic Card Solutions (www.cardwizard-dsi.com) is one of the largest providers for community banks and credit unions. I don't have personal experience with them but am aware of them by reputation. Clients tell me that their customers appreciate leaving the bank with a live card. Instant Issue on its own does not necessarily result in higher activation and usage, but if you combine it with a targeted marketing program, it can pay off significantly.

Return to Top
#873583 - 12/14/07 07:50 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card D. Kerstein
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
we use dynamic card solutions, and i got a very nice travel alarm clock in the mail today.... no fruitcake though.... dang. anyhow, it appears that personalized instant issue cards are about to be a lot easier. you can visit them at http://www.instantissuance.com

Return to Top
#874223 - 12/17/07 04:43 PM Re: Instant Issue Debit Card X O
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
We have instant issue machines in every branch(40+ branches). A customer never has to wait longer than 10 minutes for a new card, unless we are having problems with the machine. Customers have come to us for that reason alone. We are the only bank in our area that does the instant issue cards.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z