Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#86428 - 06/08/03 11:23 AM LIVE from ABA NRCC
Anonymous
Unregistered

See all the sights and get scoop on what's happening here in DC. We're putting all the pics and text into the BOL Blog.

BOL Blog

Go see!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#86429 - 06/09/03 01:15 AM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC *DELETED*
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Wahhhh...

Return to Top
#86430 - 06/09/03 02:12 AM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
MB's ID Theft session was full of info and very well received. She did great in providing a live demo and showing everyone how easy this is and the importance of helping customers and employees protect themselves.

Applause

It is also great getting together again with peers from BOL. The rest of you reading this in your office really need to get a new budget entry for next year. We miss ya.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#86431 - 06/09/03 11:46 AM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
Anonymous
Unregistered

The rain stopped -- and it's getting ready to get a lot less cloudy on Section 326. See the Blog for explanation. BOL Blog.

Return to Top
#86432 - 06/10/03 10:13 AM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
Anonymous
Unregistered

The blog was updated last night.

Read now.

Return to Top
#86433 - 06/11/03 02:27 PM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who is David Dickenson? Guru? Banker? Normal guy?

Return to Top
#86434 - 06/11/03 02:47 PM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Go to BOL Guru Bios on the home page and this is what there is for David...
David A. Dickinson ia a graduate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a degree in Financial Management. He is a highly trained expert in Compliance regulations as well as being a motivational speaker and educator throughout the Midwest.

David began his career at the FDIC as an examiner and later became a Loan Officer for a 110-million dollar bank. In 1993 he established the firm of Banker's Compliance Consulting and continues to serve as president. David has designed Lending and Deposit Operations Compliance manuals, written numerous compliance articles for prestigious banking publications and frequently speaks for banking and civic organizations. He also conducts innovative Lending and Operational Compliance Seminars. His quick wit and sense of humor transforms the usually tiring topic of compliance into an enjoyable educational experience.

Return to Top
#86435 - 06/11/03 03:50 PM Re: LIVE from ABA NRCC
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I'm David Dickinson. Can't say I'm "normal" but I am a BOL Guru. I worked for the FDIC as a field examiner & then for a bank as a loan officer/compliance officer. I started Banker's Compliance Consulting over 10 years ago. I speak at the ABA Compliance School and I was invited to speak next year at the ABA NRCC.

Anything else I can tell you? Thanks for asking.

Return to Top
#86436 - 06/11/03 04:25 PM Re: Audio Blog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just listened to the Audio Blog - thank you, David! I missed two words, however - could someone fill in the blanks?

"What criteria does your bank plan to use in determining:
• when an account should NOT be opened
• If opened, but not verification attempts _______ ________ is closed, and
• When a Suspicious Activity Report should be filed"

Thank you!

Return to Top
#86437 - 06/11/03 06:45 PM Re: Audio Blog
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The gist of the second bullet is, "if opened and all ID verification attempts have failed, how and when an account is closed."
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#86438 - 06/11/03 07:23 PM Re: Audio Blog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for translating it into Yankee for me, John!

Return to Top
#86439 - 06/12/03 02:28 PM Re: Audio Blog
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

"What criteria does your bank plan to use in determining:
• when an account should NOT be opened
• If opened, but not verification attempts _______ ________ is closed, and
• When a Suspicious Activity Report should be filed"

if open but not verification attempts have failed and the account is closed;

Sorry for the speed of my talking on the Audio Blog. I only had 2 minutes to record that message. It took me 3 attempts as I tried to talk slowly the first 2 attempts. Even funnier, is that I was in Mary Beth's bathroom (the "recording studio") & I wanted to get out of there ASAP as everyone wondered what I was doing in there.

Return to Top
#86440 - 06/12/03 02:33 PM Re: Audio Blog
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Not "live" any longer but still on the road, due to weather I am in Dallas instead of Killeen. Those of you who think I am just a workaholic will be pleased to know I decided to stay in Dallas and have the family drive up for a mini-vacation this weekend.

(Gotta go. Have lots of postings to catch up on before they get here.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#86441 - 06/12/03 03:40 PM Re: Audio Blog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Even funnier, is that I was in Mary Beth's bathroom (the "recording studio") & I wanted to get out of there ASAP as everyone wondered what I was doing in there.

Before anyone gets any ideas, I had two bathrooms in my suite, I was not in either of them at the time, and there were about ten other BOLers out sitting around in the living area.

On Tuesday night, a bunch of us just went up and relaxed and ate pizza together. I've got to tell you, I have not laughed that hard in a very, very long time. It was just great to really get to know everyone better.

As for David, if you do a search on the threads, using David Dickinson and the setting "Search by display name", you'll find over 1,000 posts. Plus, if you do a search for David Dickinson on the regular BOL search engine (not in Threads), you'll find a jillion guru articles by him! Thanks, David! (The audioblogger takes what is recorded and converts it to an MP3 file. I think that also speeds it up because I could swear that Ken Golliher never really talks that fast, and if you listen to his audio blog (embedded in his CIP & Existing Customer article in the AML section of BOL )you can hear him race-talk.)

PLUS -- I've updated the Blog again. Time is short this morning, so I still have lots more to share and more pictures to put up, but can't do it right now. Plus, I'll be posting full size versions of all the pics for anyone who might want to see in more detail.

Go see! We bought you umbrella drinks!

BOL Blog

Return to Top
#86442 - 06/12/03 05:02 PM Re: Audio Blog
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

Before anyone gets any ideas, I had two bathrooms in my suite, I was not in either of them at the time, and there were about ten other BOLers out sitting around in the living area.

I wasn't trying to start any rumors. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I just thought it was funny that the bathroom was the "recording studio." I've also had a few people ask about the echo sound.

Thanks for the pizza MB. I had a great time meeting with you & the other BOL'ers.

Return to Top
#86443 - 06/12/03 08:41 PM Re: Audio Blog
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're welcome on the pizza. That was a great time -- and I was kidding about people starting rumors.

We will share one fact, however. How many of you know that Andy Z is a two-fingered typist? David was flabbergasted to learn that. It makes us all even more astonished by his prolific posting. Those are two FAST fingers!

Return to Top
#86444 - 06/12/03 08:55 PM Re: Audio Blog
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

We will share one fact, however. How many of you know that Andy Z is a two-fingered typist? David was flabbergasted to learn that. It makes us all even more astonished by his prolific posting. Those are two FAST fingers!

With Andy's affinity for high tech gadgetry, I always figured he'd be posting with voice recognition equipment.

Return to Top
#86445 - 06/12/03 09:17 PM Re: Audio Blog
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I read an article one time about a long time journalist (newspaper reporter) who could type well over 100 words a minute with 2 fingers.

Return to Top
#86446 - 06/12/03 09:51 PM Re: Audio Blog
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I was kidding Andy that if he would learn to type, he could have over 10,000 posts by now! I also kidded him that he should get "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing."

Return to Top
#86447 - 06/13/03 08:18 PM Re: Audio Blog
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Here's the ABA Press Release for Andy Z. winning the Distinguished Service Award. Congratulations Andy.

Return to Top
#86448 - 06/15/03 06:44 PM Re: Audio Blog
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The food and fellowship was great. I did wonder what David was doing in the bathroom for so long, with a phone cord under the door no less. When MB said make yourself at home, I thought David was taking it literally.

Return to Top
#86449 - 06/16/03 09:24 PM Re: Audio Blog
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Very funny!

Return to Top