Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Thread Options
#866455 - 12/05/07 02:14 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Dodging the question, and yet still typing a lot. Typical.
No, the remainder of the paper goes on to quote the very post I made of the Congressional Statements in the Partial Birth Abortion Act, which shows that they got their data and conclusions from the same source as this very paper I posted in the prior post. Thus, I have reconciled Congressses (you know, as Yoss calls, the fanatics) position with evidence provided by gynecologists.

But keep ignoring these facts.

Furthermore, the study you quote is comparing Intact Dilation and Extraction with Dilation and Evacuation. And it is only conducted in one hospital. The studies quoted in the Womens Health Collaborative cover larger populations across locations, and across the board concluded what Congress also concluded.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#866494 - 12/05/07 02:36 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Personally, I would not have chosen to hang my rhetorical hat on a procedure that makes up fewer than 2/10ths of 1 percent of abortions performed in the US. But, you, TMOS and Tom have shown great gusto in regaling us with graphic descriptions of the procedure that you must wish to use it as your synecdoche for the whole topic of abortion.

Again, I am curious how it is that you have any idea what gusto I've shown? I guess some people are convinced by the trick? He proved me wrong? Oh, no - I'm ignoring him...I'm sure I could respond to his points convincingly if I cared to...

Anyway, since you are reading the posts, you should have noticed that it also included a description of "non-intact" D&X, in which the fetus is dismembered before being removed. You'd better read this quickly - I made a post regarding abortion, so I'm sure it will only last a few minutes. Note that no one is saying the method is not barbaric, only less so.

Return to Top
#866551 - 12/05/07 03:22 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
So the answer would be 'no', you cannot tell the difference.

is this the equivalent of being able to make fun of somebody right in front of them without them knowing?

tmos, so when a partisan congress speaks, are they like the pope speaking ex cathedra?

Return to Top
#866558 - 12/05/07 03:28 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
So the answer would be 'no', you cannot tell the difference.

is this the equivalent of being able to make fun of somebody right in front of them without them knowing?

tmos, so when a partisan congress speaks, are they like the pope speaking ex cathedra?

As usual, you ignored the post I made in response to it, but we have all come to expect that of you. You bring little if anything to the table Ron.

Return to Top
#866560 - 12/05/07 03:29 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Hey give him a break TMOS, he uses latin in his posts!!!

Return to Top
#866600 - 12/05/07 03:57 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
[
"Partial birth abortion" is not a medical term. It is a colloquial term, a rhetorical term, even a political term. But it is not a medical term. You could not direct a surgeon to an operating theater with the command, "Perform a partial birth abortion on Mrs. Forbush" without eliciting another 20 minutes of discussion of what exactly you were asking for.

I understand the distinction, comrade. Thats not what you said. You said the procedure doesn't exist, certainly implying under colloquial or any other name. You just weren't expecting to be called on it. Is there a medical procedure called "open heart surgery"?

Return to Top
#866602 - 12/05/07 03:59 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Blade Scrapper
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
It is what I said.

Return to Top
#866608 - 12/05/07 04:02 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Blade Scrapper
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Swimware
[
"Partial birth abortion" is not a medical term. It is a colloquial term, a rhetorical term, even a political term. But it is not a medical term. You could not direct a surgeon to an operating theater with the command, "Perform a partial birth abortion on Mrs. Forbush" without eliciting another 20 minutes of discussion of what exactly you were asking for.

I understand the distinction, comrade. Thats not what you said. You said the procedure doesn't exist, certainly implying under colloquial or any other name. You just weren't expecting to be called on it. Is there a medical procedure called "open heart surgery"?

Good analogy Swim

Return to Top
#866638 - 12/05/07 04:20 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hated By Some
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Quote:
What is your definition of viability?

unless it took you 10 minutes to think of your post, i answered kms' question (and yours since it is the same).

Quote:
pretty easily. the test is that of viability: when a feuts is capable of surviving via 'mechanical' means on it's on. knowing when this can take place is the province of doctors of which i am not one.

If that was the answer to the question - I've got another one - what was the viable baby just a few seconds, a few minutes, a few hours prior to 'viability'? Was the baby not a baby at all, just a soulless entity or is there a possibility, even in your mind, that the baby was able to think and feel prior to achieving your definition of viability?

Return to Top
#866682 - 12/05/07 04:44 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: kms
Hey give him a break TMOS, he uses latin in his posts!!!

it was latin, this is true, but i specifically used what i did because what i know of tmos' background.

tmos, of course you don't think that people who disagree with your passionate opinions offer nothing, but at least privately accept that a partisan congress isn't saying something infallible in their congressional record.

Return to Top
#866684 - 12/05/07 04:44 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill °X°
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Wow X you hit the nail on the head here, because even before it is able to survive outside the womb, it can respond to stimuli. To me that is viable. Abortion, no matter what the means, is murder. IMO

Return to Top
#866691 - 12/05/07 04:46 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill °X°
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
what was the viable baby just a few seconds, a few minutes, a few hours prior to 'viability'?

a non-viable, non-person capable of constitutional protection.

Return to Top
#866702 - 12/05/07 04:54 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill kms
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: kms
Wow X you hit the nail on the head here, because even before it is able to survive outside the womb, it can respond to stimuli. To me that is viable. Abortion, no matter what the means, is murder. IMO

I agree with everything except that the killing of the unborn is always murder. Because of the campaign of misinformation that the anti-life agenda of NOW, NARAL, and other radical left groups have propagated, I think the moral culpability for those having the abortion can be significantly diminished.

Return to Top
#866706 - 12/05/07 04:59 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I know that if a woman is raped, I consider it ok, but women that use abortion as birth control, I detest.

Return to Top
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12