Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Thread Options
#865891 - 12/04/07 06:24 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: The Man of Steel
Originally Posted By: AML-Barbarian
Since I don't agree that abortion = infanticide, you *shouldn't* draw that conclusion, but I'm sure you will anyway.

Since I do not agree that recognizing and respecting the value of unborn human life = imprisoning women within their fecundity, you *shouldn't* draw that conclusion, but you already have anyway.

Well, what's the TMOS(TM) approved way of saying that women who conceive are legally required to carry to term, regardless of risks to their own health and well-being?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#865895 - 12/04/07 06:29 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Since I don't agree that abortion = infanticide, you *shouldn't* draw that conclusion, but I'm sure you will anyway.

Since I do not agree that recognizing and respecting the value of unborn human life = imprisoning women within their fecundity, you *shouldn't* draw that conclusion, but you already have anyway.

Well, what's the TMOS(TM) approved way of saying that women who conceive are legally required to carry to term, regardless of risks to their own health and well-being?

Firstly, in typical Barb/RonMex/Yoss fashion, you have made presumptions about risks to their own health and well-being and my position, in spite of the fact that this was not addressed in this thread (except in analogies discussed between Straw and myself).

The approved way of saying conceiving and carrying a child to term is called "right to life" and is predicated upon holding innocent unborn human beings to have value. Another way of saying it is "respect for the dignity of unborn human life." But I am sure none of that will penetrate your thinking.

Return to Top
#865898 - 12/04/07 06:31 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill °X°
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: _X_
...but I was allowed to be born, I was not aborted - .

And we're thankful to have you with us today!

Return to Top
#865905 - 12/04/07 06:36 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Well, what's the TMOS(TM) approved way of saying that women who conceive are legally required to carry to term, regardless of risks to their own health ...

Why would TMOS approve a way of saying something he doesn't appear to believe?

Return to Top
#865922 - 12/04/07 06:52 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:
His expressed view is that at the moment of conception, a set of unspecified rights belonging to the fertilized egg outweigh the rights and privileges of an adult female citizen.

I started to say I don't think that represents his expressed view, but I'll let him deal with that. For me, I bolded the two places where you misrepresent my view.

1) The fetus's rights (let's be clear we're not just talking about a fertilized egg - doctor's don't perform abortions on a fertilized egg, but on a fetus) are not unspecified. We're talking about the right to life.

2) The fetus's rights don't automatically outweigh the mother's rights - the two should be weighed against each other. Usually, the right to life is viewed as more important than other freedoms, but there are circumstances where that might not hold true (hence the discussion that Ms. Becka started).

Return to Top
#865924 - 12/04/07 06:53 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill rainman
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: rainman
Quote:
His expressed view is that at the moment of conception, a set of unspecified rights belonging to the fertilized egg outweigh the rights and privileges of an adult female citizen.

I started to say I don't think that represents his expressed view, but I'll let him deal with that. For me, I bolded the two places where you misrepresent my view.

1) The fetus's rights (let's be clear we're not just talking about a fertilized egg - doctor's don't perform abortions on a fertilized egg, but on a fetus) are not unspecified. We're talking about the right to life.

2) The fetus's rights don't automatically outweigh the mother's rights - the two should be weighed against each other. Usually, the right to life is viewed as more important than other freedoms, but there are circumstances where that might not hold true (hence the discussion that Ms. Becka started).

I'd say this is quite representative of my positions. Counselor, you are hired as the family attorney.

Return to Top
#865928 - 12/04/07 06:56 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
By AML:

Quote:
regardless of risks to their own health and well-being

Wow, now you're just making stuff up, too. Something in the water today?

Return to Top
#865939 - 12/04/07 07:02 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Yet another glaring example of why Shemp has him on ignore.

and i am concerned that shemp has me on ignore because....?

Return to Top
#865993 - 12/04/07 07:47 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Can you name one "pro-choice" group that opposes partial-birth abortion (read infanticide)?

Return to Top
#866009 - 12/04/07 07:57 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Blade Scrapper
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
aren't partial birth abortions for medical necessity? if not, they should be outlawed if after viability.

Return to Top
#866019 - 12/04/07 08:03 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
What is your definition of viability?

Return to Top
#866024 - 12/04/07 08:07 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill kms
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Now they use "mental health" of the mother. The only real barrier to a late term abortion is the "ethics" of the abortionist.

Return to Top
#866027 - 12/04/07 08:10 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
so we are supposed to ignore those in orphanages--a number set to increase exponentially under the conscientious conservative plan because we are going to force women to deal with their child instead? "if that ***** just could've kept her legs closed". the man has no responsibility?

seems like the things you talk about hardly even deal with the problem as it currently stands.

but in theory and priniciple, man, you all sound so pious and righteous.

I must admit that you have a point, Huge Ron - it does seems that the pro-life groups stop supporting kids at birth, especially those kids on the poor side of town. Having been in an orphanage for years myself provides me with direct evidence, but I was allowed to be born, I was not aborted - if I would have had a say as an unborn, even knowing of the struggle ahead, I'd choose life.

Wow -X- that is hardcore. And to have the courage to say so online. Having lived in an orphanage and struggling thorugh what followed must have really shaped your character and way you see life.

It sure did, Steel - those of us that were probably closer to being aborted than others seem to have a better understanding of the abortion issue and I'm sure that all of us would choose life over abortion - big time. Of course, now that choice is in the hands of mothers and those that encourage them to abort - the unborn child has no vote, they simply are killed as if they never existed. I'd ask all of those posting here - how would the baby vote if that were possible?

Also, Jesus will return some day. But, will he be aborted?

Return to Top
#866031 - 12/04/07 08:11 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: kms

i defer to the medical community for this. i am not a doctor.

Return to Top
#866033 - 12/04/07 08:12 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hated By Some
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Originally Posted By: kms

i defer to the medical community for this. i am not a doctor.

But your girlfriend says you like to play doctor . . .
Last edited by rainman; 12/04/07 08:13 PM.

Return to Top
#866040 - 12/04/07 08:15 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Blade Scrapper
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Swimware
Can you name one "pro-choice" group that opposes partial-birth abortion (read infanticide)?

There's no such medical procedure. What is it that you're actually asking about?

Return to Top
#866043 - 12/04/07 08:17 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

There's no such medical procedure. What is it that you're actually asking about?

Dilation & Extraction procedures are called D&X, Intact D&X, and Intrauterine cranial decompression. The non-medical terms: PBA and Partial-birth Abortions are commonly used by the public.

Return to Top
#866054 - 12/04/07 08:29 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Intact Dilation and Extraction is used in late stages of pregnancy to remove a dead fetus from the mother. Why on earth would you object to that?

Return to Top
#866056 - 12/04/07 08:31 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
"if not, they should be outlawed if after viability"

"i defer to the medical community for this. i am not a doctor."

???????????????????????????????? How can you make one statement and then the next, I can't believe you would let someone else state what your opinion would be. I think your second answer is a cop out.

Return to Top
#866057 - 12/04/07 08:32 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I don't object, except when the fetus isn't dead.

Return to Top
#866062 - 12/04/07 08:40 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill °X°
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Of course, now that choice is in the hands of mothers and those that encourage them to abort...

Actually, that choice is only in the hands of potential mothers.

I'd ask all of those posting here - how would the baby vote if that were possible?

Margaret Sanger asked people to consider that very question!

Return to Top
#866064 - 12/04/07 08:42 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Blade Scrapper
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I don't object, except when the fetus isn't dead.

Are there other medical conditions, pertaining to either the mother or fetus, to which you would also not object?

Return to Top
#866070 - 12/04/07 08:48 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Hrothgar Geiger
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Intact Dilation and Extraction is used in late stages of pregnancy to remove a dead fetus from the mother. Why on earth would you object to that?

Because the living baby is partially delivered , then he is killed and a suction device is used to remove all brain matter.

Return to Top
#866071 - 12/04/07 08:49 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill Becka Marr
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Ms. Becka
Of course, now that choice is in the hands of mothers and those that encourage them to abort...

I'd ask all of those posting here - how would the baby vote if that were possible?

In a significantly different context.

Return to Top
#866081 - 12/04/07 08:56 PM Re: Man Accused Of Slipping Woman Abortion Pill TheManofSteel
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Ms. Becka

In a significantly different context.

No doubt her life experiences led Sanger to different conclusions than Mr. _X_'s experiences have led him, but the intention of asking the question remains the same - to give consideration for the interests of the unborn child.

I could add to my previous response that the decision is no more in the hands of those who encourage abortion that it is in the hands of those who discourage it.
Last edited by Ms. Becka; 12/04/07 09:02 PM.

Return to Top
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12