BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#865217 - 12/03/07 09:37 PM Alvin!!!!!
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Anyone else stupidly excited to see the new Chipmunks Christmas movie?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#865240 - 12/03/07 09:49 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! B_F
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I loved the Chipmunks as a kid, but I am a little leery about the movie. Look what they did to poor Garfield.

Return to Top
#865242 - 12/03/07 09:49 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! B_F
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
No, it makes me feel extremely old to have the cartoon characters of my youth back for round two. First it was He-Man, then Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, and My Little Pony. Now it's Transformers and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

My daughter played a U Tube video last night and thought it was hilarious that the chipmunks singing were 'girls'. I said, "yes they're girls...they're the Chipettes". She thought I was making it up. Sadly, no.

Return to Top
#865244 - 12/03/07 09:49 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! RR Jen
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Oh...heck...I forgot all about Garfield.

Return to Top
#865277 - 12/03/07 10:20 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! RR Jen
Ravenskye Offline
100 Club
Ravenskye
the Otherworld
It comes out on my son's birthday. He's chosen to see it for his birthday movie. It looks cute.

Yes, all our kid shows are coming back to the big screen. First I had to drag them to TMNT in April because they didn't know about the turtles, tsk, tsk. But, they loved the movie. I was too excited for Transformers, but alas, the kids came around too.

I heard rumors of a Thundercats movie.

Return to Top
#865292 - 12/03/07 10:31 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! Ravenskye
Kronott Offline
Gold Star
Kronott
Originally Posted By: Ravenskye
It comes out on my son's birthday. He's chosen to see it for his birthday movie. It looks cute.

Yes, all our kid shows are coming back to the big screen. First I had to drag them to TMNT in April because they didn't know about the turtles, tsk, tsk. But, they loved the movie. I was too excited for Transformers, but alas, the kids came around too.

Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#865298 - 12/03/07 10:38 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! RR Jen
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Originally Posted By: RR JLJ
No, it makes me feel extremely old to have the cartoon characters of my youth back for round two. First it was He-Man, then Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, and My Little Pony. Now it's Transformers and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

My daughter played a U Tube video last night and thought it was hilarious that the chipmunks singing were 'girls'. I said, "yes they're girls...they're the Chipettes". She thought I was making it up. Sadly, no.

RR - Sorry to disappoint you - Alvin is not back for his second incarnation. The original Alvin and the Chipmunks goes back to 1958 think of how old it makes people like myself and Pale Rider feel. I still have the old 45 around here someplace!

Return to Top
#865312 - 12/03/07 10:49 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! Snow Bunny
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I have the Chipmunk's Christmas album. And by album I mean the original vinyl. Although I'm sure there are several times my mom wanted to break it into a million tiny pieces, it survived.

Return to Top
#865386 - 12/04/07 12:15 AM Re: Alvin!!!!! RR Sarah
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
I have the Chipmunk's Christmas album. And by album I mean the original vinyl. Although I'm sure there are several times my mom wanted to break it into a million tiny pieces, it survived.

I must have listened to that album a thousand times during the 60's. I bet if I heard it I could sing every word along with them.

Return to Top
#865398 - 12/04/07 12:43 AM Re: Alvin!!!!! Kronott
GLKS Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: Kronott

Snarf Snarf!

Return to Top
#865468 - 12/04/07 02:26 PM Re: Alvin!!!!! Kronott
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Kronott

I heard those same rumors, but haven't seen anything of it yet!

"Sword of Omens give me sight beyond sight!"

Return to Top