Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Thread Options
#867156 - 12/05/07 09:34 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Jokerman
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I said I assumed and suspected!! I never said I was right!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#867161 - 12/05/07 09:36 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? #Just Jay
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant

Awesome! The Ron Mexico theory of posting, lol.

Return to Top
#867170 - 12/05/07 09:44 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? #Just Jay
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

I know you are being sincere BBS, but you gotta admit, you kinda Ron Mexicoed the statement.

Return to Top
#867172 - 12/05/07 09:45 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I would concur with that.

Return to Top
#867176 - 12/05/07 09:48 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: The Man of Steel

I know you are being sincere BBS, but you gotta admit, you kinda Ron Mexicoed the statement.

When do we come up with a definition for when someone 'Neos' a statement?

Return to Top
#867180 - 12/05/07 09:51 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Or Miser's a statement. I dunno, you do not have a pattern in your argumentation

Return to Top
#867194 - 12/05/07 09:59 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Can we stay on topic please?

Return to Top
#867216 - 12/05/07 10:22 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? #Just Jay
Jokerman Offline
10K Club

You also said "I do [really know what the CSM is]...what would you like to know about it?" But, if you're now saying you don't, the issue is closed for me.

Personally, while I never read it other than online, it seems to do a pretty good job (with a typical, mainstream-liberal bias) reporting on foreign affairs. If it contains material relevant to the Christian Science "faith" (not derogatory, just don't know if that's a word they use or not), I would not have come across them.

Return to Top
#867265 - 12/05/07 11:14 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Jokerman
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Outlaw a religion? Not in my country. Keep them under a microscope? You bet your sweet patootie.

Look at Sudan. Look at the girl who got raped and beaten for being in a car with some guys. Look at women who are basically "property" of their husbands. Look at the view towards homosexuals. Again, folks, this isn't a people thing. It's not the Sudanese people or the Afghan people or the Iranian people. It's the religion that justifies all of this.

I don't want mosques torn down or outlawed in America. But, when it comes to religious troublemakers who are the ones making the trouble WORLDWIDE? I would DEMAND my government keep an eye on them.

I live in Houston. Even after 9/11 there was not one documented case of violence or even the threat of violence to the muslims in this community. Why, then, when I drive home every day down the Westpark Tollroad can I look over the road and see a mosque with BARBED-WIRE FENCES surrounding it. What is that!?!?! How many Churches or Temples, Synagogues have you seen like that??

Again, I don't want to outlaw Islam. I'm starting to see the light that there are those who just don't listen to the Koran word for word, but there will ALWAYS be those that do. They are here or will eventually be here. For that, my friends, you need to keep a watch on every basket just in case you have a bad apple.

Return to Top
#867311 - 12/06/07 12:44 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Maybe we should have them wear some form of identification so we know who they are and we can watch them better?

I mean how do you know a Muslim when you look at someone.

Return to Top
#867313 - 12/06/07 12:48 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Maybe a crescent sewn onto their clothing?

Perhaps we can provide secure housing clusters for them? Just for their own protection, you know.

Return to Top
#867343 - 12/06/07 02:15 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hrothgar Geiger
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I love this country. You love this country, which is why you pepper this thread with sarcasm, because you love this country so much you think it's ridiculous that someone would offer such ridiculous-sounding ideas, and that we would stop being Americans if we allowed such ideas to take root, right?

But what about the right of all Americans to feel safe? Where has that gone? I feel pretty safe when it comes to my kids playing around the neighborhood because I've done my homework. Megan's Law, folks. I can check my zip code for registered sex offenders. Scum that are tracked. It's bad enough the good liberals and the ACLU have turned Houston into a criminal-safe city. When there is a news story about a mugger or murderer or someone we need to keep a look out for they don't say a white male, black male, asian male, hispanic male, arab male, they just say male, 5'10" between the ages of 20 and 35. How am I supposed to protect my family if I don't know who to look out for?

But, since we don't want to throw any suspicion on any one demographic, are we forced to then suspect everyone with that description? That's probably 20% of the Houston population! If there's an Asian guy out there targeting women I want to know that so I can tell my wife to keep an eye out for suspicious looking Asians. Same for hispanics, arabs, blacks, whites. Why has sense of safety and security of the many taken a backseat to "feelings" of a few. We can't afford to be nice.

Return to Top
#867344 - 12/06/07 02:22 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
what are you talking about? does it feel better to get this rant of yours off of your chest?

Return to Top
#867346 - 12/06/07 02:31 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Like you have never done the same?!?!

Return to Top
#867351 - 12/06/07 03:05 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
is that like saying "murderers and tax evaders are the same thing: they are both criminals!"?

Return to Top
#867352 - 12/06/07 03:09 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
so which one are you ron? Or would you like my opinion?

Return to Top
#867354 - 12/06/07 03:14 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
well, since you said that you identify yourself with shemp, i don't know how much i value your opinion... (no offense)

Return to Top
#867355 - 12/06/07 03:21 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Quite taken with shemp, aren't you? He beat you down to many times?

Return to Top
#867358 - 12/06/07 03:41 AM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
of course he did...

Return to Top
#867471 - 12/06/07 02:30 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Shemp's beaten many of us down, LOLoad.

Return to Top
#867499 - 12/06/07 02:50 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i wouldn't say beaten down, but he certainly has come out swinging more akin to foxy boxing than anything.

Return to Top
#867500 - 12/06/07 02:50 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
AML and Ron, and Straw I'm calling you out -

No sarcasm, please, if you would just answer the following questions. And if you don't, then I'll know (and everyone else here) never to take you seriously again because you don't speak what you really believe. You just like to argue to please yourselves.

1. In which society are you most likely to get your head chopped off for trying to convert other faiths to Christianity:

a. Hindu society
b. Jewish society
c. Buddhist society
d. Muslim society

2. If you were wearing a T-shirt that says "I am a Christian. My God is the Almighty and only true God" (and remember, if you're Christian this is what you should believe) where would you least like to be standing:

a. Downtown Ho Chi Min City
b. Downtown Kabul
c. Downtown New Delhi
d. Downtown Jerusalem

3. Which Holy Book still teaches to kill

a. The Holy Bible
b. The Koran
c. The Tanakh
d. the teachings of Buddha

Last edited by iAutomate; 12/06/07 03:06 PM.

Return to Top
#867527 - 12/06/07 03:06 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
iAutomate, if you read the Old Testament as literal word, than would you not be as barbaric as you are making the Koran out to be?

Return to Top
#867547 - 12/06/07 03:14 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Snow Miser, now I ask you to be so kind as to answer the questions. Again, I think now you're arguing just to try to make a point (and I'm stressing the word "try").

My words were: 3. Which Holy Book STILL teaches to kill

As I've said many times around here, Islam has not progressed or evoloved at all. We now have the New Testament. They still have THE Koran, not the King James Koran, am I right?

Return to Top
#867558 - 12/06/07 03:24 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
It is all about interpretation iAutomate. A sect of Islam interprets the Koran in a certain way, just as a sect of Christians interpret the Bible in a certain way. I don't think all Christians are savage if they believe in the literal word of the Bible (Old or New Testament). There are some people who look towards, and believe in, the vengeful God. There are some people who look towards the 'Prince of Peace' image of Jesus Christ. Some folks still believe in an eye for an eye. Does that make those that do savage?

Return to Top
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12