Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Thread Options
#869173 - 12/07/07 08:01 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Yossarian
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
And anyway, why aren't these supposed "peace loving" and "terrorist denouncing" muslim groups ACTIVELY helping us bring those responisble for terrorist acts to justice? You don't think it's because they don't want to really be on the side of the infidels, do you? That can't be it. They told us they denounce violence against civilians, right?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#869183 - 12/07/07 08:05 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so iraqis are not actively trying to hunt down al qaeda? the pakistanis aren't? the afghanis aren't?

Return to Top
#869189 - 12/07/07 08:09 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: iAutomate
But we shouldn't fear them, you see...that's xenophobic.

Fear terrorists yes. Fear all Muslims ?

Return to Top
#869190 - 12/07/07 08:10 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
And anyway, why aren't these supposed "peace loving" and "terrorist denouncing" muslim groups ACTIVELY helping us bring those responisble for terrorist acts to justice? You don't think it's because they don't want to really be on the side of the infidels, do you? That can't be it. They told us they denounce violence against civilians, right?

I think I will bring a different and interesting perspective to this post, IA. There is an excellent group of Moslem Americans, presumably Arabic Americans (on the ethnic heritage side) that are deeply religious and also deeply patriotic Americans. I have posted about this group before, and it is called the American Islamic Forum for Democracy. They lock horns alot with CAIR. What is very interesting, is that this group, which often challenges the political correctness positions of groups like CAIR, tends to align itself in such a way that it is either outright ignored or maligned by the left. Hmmmm go figure.

Return to Top
#869191 - 12/07/07 08:10 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

Seek help soon please.

Return to Top
#869197 - 12/07/07 08:15 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Ron, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP TRYING TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF YOUR ALREADY HUGE HEAD!

Now that I got that out of my system, I'll answer your question: is the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt actively helping? Is Ahmad Yassin, the founder of Hamas actively helping? I posted "these supposed peace loving and terrorist denouncing muslim groups" referring, OBVIOUSLY, to the groups mentioned in the previous post. But, yet again, you jump in whenever you think you can zing somebody.

Let me take a guess - you don't have many friends because of probably hygiene problems - you're a self-made intellectual who loves being the center of attention at small but useless gatherings - you often sit alone at night wondering why you seem to be the only one in the world that thinks straight - and lastly, you like Chris Farley (may he rest in peace and go down in history as one of the funniest men to grace the small and big screens)

Return to Top
#869204 - 12/07/07 08:20 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Blade Scrapper
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Swimware
The founder of one of the most violent and brutal terrorist organizations in the world signs a letter denouncing terrorism and we are suppose to believe it? Good grief.

You miss the point. Even the founder of Hamas publicly condemned al Qaeda and said their actions were un-Islamic!!!!! That's like Britney Spears criticizing your parenting skills!

Return to Top
#869209 - 12/07/07 08:22 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Thanks, Superman. I know there are those kinds of groups (hopefully I can use the plural) that need to be heard but aren't.

But groups in America aren't going to influence anybody abroad, and those abroad are the ones that will eventually plan and scheme to come to this country and do us harm again, just as they have before. Can't we all agree that is at least a planned (on their part) inevitability? Shouldn't we be concerned about that?

Return to Top
#869210 - 12/07/07 08:23 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
For what?

Return to Top
#869211 - 12/07/07 08:23 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Thanks, Superman. I know there are those kinds of groups (hopefully I can use the plural) that need to be heard but aren't.

But groups in America aren't going to influence anybody abroad, and those abroad are the ones that will eventually plan and scheme to come to this country and do us harm again, just as they have before. Can't we all agree that is at least a planned (on their part) inevitability? Shouldn't we be concerned about that?

On that yes. About all Muslims, no.

And this is not what you said several pages ago that brought my sarcastic wrath.

Return to Top
#869212 - 12/07/07 08:23 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so you want the islamic terrorist groups to hunt themselves down?

interesting strategem. it's so diabolical that it just might work...

Quote:
you don't have many friends

false
Quote:
probably hygiene problems

not that i'm aware of.
Quote:
you're a self-made intellectual

nope. i'm just me. i can't help if if people like you put stuff on tees for me. don't get mad, just open your mind a bit. if you don't like to be challenged, maybe you should get back to your work.
Quote:
you often sit alone at night wondering why you seem to be the only one in the world that thinks straight

i don't. i do wonder how some people here think though.

Return to Top
#869220 - 12/07/07 08:27 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Staw, what was it I said?

Return to Top
#869225 - 12/07/07 08:29 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Staw, what was it I said?

This is why you need to seek help. You can't even remember what you say.

Return to Top
#869228 - 12/07/07 08:31 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: straw

On that yes. About all Muslims, no.

And this is not what you said several pages ago that brought my sarcastic wrath.

I have been watching this Straw, and while I think if snippets of IA's posts were taken stand alone, one might readily conclude outrageous xenophobia. However, if you thoroughly watch the dynamic of back and forth b/n IA and Ron/miser/Barb (though less Barb is this case) you will see that IA was being kind of set-up with answers to questions he did not ask, causing him to use even stronger and more descriptive language, which in turn, appeared more xenophobic because the original posts with a little softer language would be forgotten. He could have practiced dentistry, because getting a clean clear and straight response to his questions was like pulling teeth.

But I reposted one his first posts a few pages back, and it showed that he recognized that the extremists views did not apply to all Moslems (I submit no more than the funeral protesting "Christians" represent any Christians)At least, that is my humble take on it.

Return to Top
#869229 - 12/07/07 08:31 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Thanks, Ron. That first comment made me laugh. At least we share the ability to see humor. We may not share the same sense of humor, but that's a different story.

Open my mind, then. Seriously, I'm asking man to man. What is it about what I say that is bothersome to folks around here?

Return to Top
#869232 - 12/07/07 08:32 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Thanks, again, Man of Steel.

That explains what has occured exactly. Maybe I will become a dentist.
Last edited by iAutomate; 12/07/07 08:33 PM.

Return to Top
#869233 - 12/07/07 08:32 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? [Re: Tom Thumb]
iAutomate iAutomate
100 Club

Loc: Texas Outlaw a religion? Not in my country. Keep them under a microscope? You bet your sweet patootie.

Look at Sudan. Look at the girl who got raped and beaten for being in a car with some guys. Look at women who are basically "property" of their husbands. Look at the view towards homosexuals. Again, folks, this isn't a people thing. It's not the Sudanese people or the Afghan people or the Iranian people. It's the religion that justifies all of this.

I don't want mosques torn down or outlawed in America. But, when it comes to religious troublemakers who are the ones making the trouble WORLDWIDE? I would DEMAND my government keep an eye on them.

I live in Houston. Even after 9/11 there was not one documented case of violence or even the threat of violence to the muslims in this community. Why, then, when I drive home every day down the Westpark Tollroad can I look over the road and see a mosque with BARBED-WIRE FENCES surrounding it. What is that!?!?! How many Churches or Temples, Synagogues have you seen like that??

Again, I don't want to outlaw Islam. I'm starting to see the light that there are those who just don't listen to the Koran word for word, but there will ALWAYS be those that do. They are here or will eventually be here. For that, my friends, you need to keep a watch on every basket just in case you have a bad apple.

This was the post. And Superman, I did not read the earlier posts, but I wouldn't want to try to defend this.

Return to Top
#869237 - 12/07/07 08:33 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Thanks, Ron. That first comment made me laugh. At least we share the ability to see humor. We may not share the same sense of humor, but that's a different story.

Open my mind, then. Seriously, I'm asking man to man. What is it about what I say that is bothersome to folks around here?

If you really don't know why this is bothersome, seek help before you go postal.

Return to Top
#869246 - 12/07/07 08:39 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
straw, READ it, man, READ it...

Outlaw a religion? Not in my country.

I don't want mosques torn down or outlawed in America.

when it comes to religious troublemakers who are the ones making the trouble WORLDWIDE? (again, is it Christians, Buddhists, Jewish people, Hindus?)

How many Churches or Temples, Synagogues have barbed-wire fences around them?

Again, I don't want to outlaw Islam. I'm starting to see the light that there are those who just don't listen to the Koran word for word, but there will ALWAYS be those that do. They are here or will eventually be here. For that, my friends, you need to keep a watch on every basket just in case you have a bad apple.

Straw, I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying because you already have a prejudice about me.

Return to Top
#869247 - 12/07/07 08:40 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
first of all, just because i challenge people doesn't mean that i am not a nice guy. i'm just really stubborn and confrontational. but for me it is just debating. it seemed to me that you want to get people to dislike muslims rather than identify the specific underlying problems. that was the only "bothersome" thing. i like to play devil's advocate. i'm not some muslim apologist or anything. i criticize everyone equally (well, equally based on their relative merits.)

and i feel bad for giving you a hard time by being so sarcastic. it's just kind of my technique for drawing things to the surface.

Return to Top
#869250 - 12/07/07 08:43 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? straw
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
straw, when I come across TV evangalists on the tube I quickly change the station because I don't care for their style. I don't keep watching and then call in to tell them so.

If you find my posts bothersome just change the channel. By that I don't mean close your browser or go away, just don't lower yourself to post replies. Might help with your blood pressure.

Return to Top
#869251 - 12/07/07 08:44 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
you will see that IA was being kind of set-up with answers to questions he did not ask

and? what made the basis for his questions so valid or incisive?

Quote:
causing him to use even stronger and more descriptive language, which in turn, appeared more xenophobic because the original posts with a little softer language would be forgotten.

thanks for giving me credit for trying to get the real issues to the surface even though you didnt realize that you did so.

Return to Top
#869256 - 12/07/07 08:49 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I don't mean to imply you're anything but a nice guy. Maybe I'm a little like you which is why we go round and round. I've said it more than once and I'll keep saying it. I don't dislike muslims, so, therefore, I'm not trying to get people to dislike muslims.

Do like and trust mean the same thing? I like - no - LOVE sharks. Their design, their drive for survival, everything that makes them the kings of the sea. But, I don't trust them.

Don't feel bad. We do what we do. No hard feelings?

Return to Top
#869261 - 12/07/07 08:55 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
To answer your first questions (if you don't mind, Superman) they were just questions. just questions...

Second comment: Like a said some posts back, people have breaking points. Take a tame man with a goal (mine was just to get people to answer some simple questions) and just keep bashing him and bashing him and eventually he's going to say, "Look! Just answer the F#$%@!$G question!!!!!" Thankfully I'm tamer than that man, but I was just trying to get folks to answer the questions with the possible answers provided.

Anyone could have easily humored me and then let me know how wrong I was for even asking such questions, which is the vibe I was getting, which, in fact, only encouraged me to get someone, anyone to answer them.

Return to Top
#869415 - 12/07/07 11:05 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Auto, your questions were not 'simple'. Just because you 'dumbed' them down, doesn't mean it is a 'simple' answer. The world is not black and white, many of us need to do a better job looking at the different shades of gray.

I pray that you overcome this perverted distrust of folks belonging to the Islamic faith. It is not healthy living life being suspicious of a whole group of people because of the actions of a few extremists. I don't see us ever agreeing on this point, but I'm not even going to agree to disagree as it hurts me deep down, for some reason.

I don't have any 'hard feelings', but I'm not exactly too fond of your stance on this issue.

We'll see what happens.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12