Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Thread Options
#867936 - 12/06/07 06:57 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
you are aware of the friction that Vatican II caused within the Church, right?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#867942 - 12/06/07 07:00 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? HappyGilmore
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Absolutely, but when one tries to enact change it is always met with criticism and controversy from those who believe in a traditionalistic approach. Does that mean the change is bad? No.

Return to Top
#867967 - 12/06/07 07:15 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
"iautomate doesn't want to discuss, he wants to rant."

Ron, please keep up with the thread, my good man. I'm not ranting, at last as I asked three simple questions that you still refuse to answer. So, I guess I can say you are the one who doesn't want to discuss, you just want to rant.

Return to Top
#867981 - 12/06/07 07:22 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
but i did answer, iautomate. mind you, i fixed what you were asking but i did answer. do you not think that the way you ask certain questions leads to only one possible answer? and does this answer always necessarily reflect the reality of the situation?

Return to Top
#867987 - 12/06/07 07:27 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
It sounds like Ron took a course on polling.
Wording of a question can lead to getting the response one wants.

Return to Top
#867988 - 12/06/07 07:27 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Do you guys feel like you're nice people for believing (or making yourselves believe) that all and everything is equal?

All men are created equal, that I believe. They may start as equal biologically, but eventually the natural balance of man comes into play. Plus whatever environment they are brought up in.

Take any dead-on Radical muslim extremist who would just as soon kill you because you don't believe in Islam - now, go back to the day of his birth, steal him and send him to Tibet to be brought up by the monks as a Buddhist. You think today he'd want to kill you because you're not a Buddhist?

Please, somebody answer that hypothetical question so I know you're actually reading what I'm writing, otherwise there can be no discussion, which some of you think I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to start one, but I can't without your opinions. And I STILL can't believe nobody has answered my original three. Can you at least tell me why you don't want to?

Return to Top
#867993 - 12/06/07 07:29 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Imagine
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Snow Miser

nope. it's just logic. (i'm part vulcan according to grumpers)

Return to Top
#867995 - 12/06/07 07:31 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico

Please. You create your own reality, where your logic fits your argument and opinion.

Return to Top
#867997 - 12/06/07 07:31 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
No, Ron, point of fact, you did not answer my questions. You injected your own answers.

FROM THE CHOICES THERE, what would your answers be?

Your parlor tricks aren't helping your image around here, either. Just the other day my wife's niece asked me, if 18 students boarded a bus and then 8 came out, how many would be left? I said 10. She said, "WRONG! Because you don't know how many kids were already ON the bus."

She asked a straight question, I gave a straight answer, but, like you, she slipped in a variable not introduced in the original question to try to make me look foolish.

Return to Top
#868000 - 12/06/07 07:32 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
iauto, i AM reading what you are writing but i don't find you terribly credible or insightful so stop flattering yourself.

Quote:
And I STILL can't believe nobody has answered my original three.

i did. are you smart enough to find previous pages in this thread? i even quoted your questions when i did so.

at any rate, why does this radical muslim extremist rant have to do with muslims in our country? do we not have maniacs from all stripes here?

Return to Top
#868001 - 12/06/07 07:33 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: iAutomate
Do you guys feel like you're nice people for believing (or making yourselves believe) that all and everything is equal?

All men are created equal, that I believe. They may start as equal biologically, but eventually the natural balance of man comes into play. Plus whatever environment they are brought up in.

Take any dead-on Radical muslim extremist who would just as soon kill you because you don't believe in Islam - now, go back to the day of his birth, steal him and send him to Tibet to be brought up by the monks as a Buddhist. You think today he'd want to kill you because you're not a Buddhist?

Please, somebody answer that hypothetical question so I know you're actually reading what I'm writing, otherwise there can be no discussion, which some of you think I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to start one, but I can't without your opinions. And I STILL can't believe nobody has answered my original three. Can you at least tell me why you don't want to?

IA, I am apparently late to the discussion. Can you reiterate your hypotheticals?

Return to Top
#868005 - 12/06/07 07:34 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? MB Guy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico

Please. You create your own reality, where your logic fits your argument and opinion.

thanks for the ad hominem based on your differing opinion of political issues.

Return to Top
#868007 - 12/06/07 07:35 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
iAutomate, it does depend on upbringing. I doubt a person raised Buddhist would want to kill a non Buddhist. But what if the person in question wasn't raised in a fundamentalist, extremist perversion of Islam?

Return to Top
#868008 - 12/06/07 07:35 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Oh Ron, you know I ALWAYS bust your goodies.

What else would I do for fun around here?

Return to Top
#868015 - 12/06/07 07:38 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
LOL - Ron, you must be AMAZING on the dance floor, because you're definitely doing great in here!

These are your answers?

1. your comments related to america so "e. n/a"
2. same response to question 1.
3. i know the bible does. i've heard as much from the christian prostyletizers here regarding the death penalty.

I gave a choice of a, b, c, or d.

Here's what you can do. First, answer the questions with one of the four possible answers given. THEN, give us your opinion on what you believe the TRUE answer to be.

Return to Top
#868018 - 12/06/07 07:39 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
iAutomate Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Superman, my hypothetical was there.

Return to Top
#868019 - 12/06/07 07:39 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
No, Ron, point of fact, you did not answer my questions. You injected your own answers.

FROM THE CHOICES THERE, what would your answers be?

Your parlor tricks aren't helping your image around here, either. Just the other day my wife's niece asked me, if 18 students boarded a bus and then 8 came out, how many would be left? I said 10. She said, "WRONG! Because you don't know how many kids were already ON the bus."

She asked a straight question, I gave a straight answer, but, like you, she slipped in a variable not introduced in the original question to try to make me look foolish.

i already told you that i wasn't going to answer non-probabtive or irrelevant questions. just because they are relevant to your quasi-racist rant doesn't make them relevant in reality. your ultimate point is that white christians are great and muslims are bad. we get it. but your arguments are your own misguided and obtuse opinion. please stop flattering yourself and get back to work.

Quote:
Your parlor tricks aren't helping your image around here, either.

is this like admiral myette telling darth vader about his sourcerer's ways? second, my image here really isn't going to make or break me. i care about how my image looks to people who matter. i'll leave you to put 2 and 2 together...

Return to Top
#868023 - 12/06/07 07:40 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? MB Guy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Oh Ron, you know I ALWAYS bust your goodies.

What else would I do for fun around here?

good point. don't you know to not poke the hungry bear? can't you see that it is feeding time?

Return to Top
#868028 - 12/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Ron, I would never equate you with a bear.

Maybe a lost and confused gentle sheep, but never a nasty bear, lol.

Return to Top
#868030 - 12/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Ron, you must be AMAZING on the dance floor, because you're definitely doing great in here!

i don't like to dance. i have to be really drunk to do so. however, i'm not sure what that has to do with doing great in here?

Quote:
I gave a choice of a, b, c, or d.

and? if your answers sucked, why must i go with them? are you omnipotent? also, don't tell me what to do. just because that is what happens in your life, don't think that i am going to be your chance to feel like you have any sort of suggestive power. please, stop flattering yourself.

Return to Top
#868032 - 12/06/07 07:45 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? MB Guy
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Ron, I would never equate you with a bear.

Maybe a lost and confused gentle sheep, but never a nasty bear, lol.

the gentle part is probably pretty accurate. but i am certainly tenacious and this iautomate character is just too much fun.

Return to Top
#868034 - 12/06/07 07:45 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? Hated By Some
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
but thing is Ron, that it was HIS test. You didn't have to like ir but he was just asking your opinion on what he posted. Thats all. Pretty simple

Return to Top
#868042 - 12/06/07 07:51 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? iAutomate
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Superman, my hypothetical was there.

I'd have to agree that if he was raised in a Buddhist environment in Tibet, he be significantly less likely to seek acts of violence against non-Buddhists. The spirituality of Buddhism just does not lend itself to such thought processes and sentiments. But I would distinguish between radical Islam and Moslems who just do not buy into such thinking.

Return to Top
#868044 - 12/06/07 07:51 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? kms
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
kms, i'm sorry if i don't feel like endulging the least common denominators like you apparently do. pretty simple.

Return to Top
#868046 - 12/06/07 07:53 PM Re: Does the U.S. tolerate anti-Muslim speech? TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
But I would distinguish between radical _______ and _______ who just do not buy into such thinking.

would your philosophy change if i inserted any relgion/group/race/etc into the blanks?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12