Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#866642 - 12/05/07 04:22 PM An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! RR Joker
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
This is a 2 parter...

Part one:

So here's a Jesse and Dawnie update..

We're sitting in a hotel in Baltimore Maryland as I type. We had an evaluation with a program through Johns Hopkins hospital today for a feeding program to help Jesse learn to eat enough (he's still 100% bottle fed and won't consume enough calories with that). We've been admited to the program and I and the little guy will be moving to Maryland for a couple of months (we'll hear when tomorrow). He's been off and on Fail to Thrive without known cause....gosh...since last time I posted. You know the drill I'm sure...he's very ill, then well, then ill, and on and on....it's enough to make a mommy tired isn't it?

I do appreciate that folks remember me. In fact it makes me tear up to think of it. You have no idea how much I miss that part of my life. It was getting too depressing to visit the site frankly...I miss work that much and all of the wonderful people I met through BOL. I really do, and I think of ya'll! I'm just so darned tired I'm crawling into my little hole until we "fix" him.

So onto our fix....we hope that this intensive program will help him. We have five doctors assigned to us, all focused on making him learn to enjoy eating, understand the need to feed, and taking care of his diarrhea (he's never lost that lovely symptom since birth). We hope it goes well!

And stuborn poop that I am...I am giving all of this stuff my "all" just like I used to at the office. Hopefully I can will him into good health, (much like you've been doing!)

Part 2:

I'm so very happy to hear about Natalie...and that you are finding a new "normal". We joke about not using the "N" word around here, but perhaps some day we can find a different "normal" too.

You can share everything with BOL. Send my love and hopefully people will understand my disapearance. It's hard to change your life entirely (as you know) and I just am not ready to read BOL with out tearing up myself. I miss that part of life far too much.

You are also welcome to post pictures...I'll attach a couple We rather love the little poop and he's become a little star. Much like your beautiful child, he's thin and pretty (typical for children who aren't well enough to become normal fat babies). I personally think god wouldn't give you an ugly baby AND disease because he's that kind of god...he has to give you something good to hang onto. The overall pictures are about a year old. One of them is in the Polo office in NY and then the others are going to be in a book coming out called "Little Redheads" with pictures of red heads all over the country. We're the "Alaska' red head. It will be a great baby book since I never got around to completing one heh heh

Jesse has his ups and downs. We thought he was doing well after Cincinnatti (we spent six weeks there over a year ago) but he began going downhill again, and has the same problems you folks do...the colds that are so much worse for him than other kids, his diarrhea gets worse and he then drops in weight significantly. He looks good on the outside, but naked you can see he's just skin and bones. He's in a down turn now, which is why we'll be staying in the hospital here for a couple of months (yuck!) but they do think they can help him, so we have to try. This feeding clinic is supposed to be the best one there is, so we have to give it a chance before we go to total tube feedings.

Anyhoo, we have a plane to catch to MN in a few hours and it's snowing hard so I must run...but please do share, and pass on my love. I miss everyone, I really do!

Dawn

I hope that these pictures work:

Picture One

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Return to Top
#866655 - 12/05/07 04:28 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! QCL
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thanks so much MOPNB for posting this and the gorgeous pictures. Next time you talk (or e-mail) Dawnie, tell her how much we love her and miss her.

Return to Top
#866692 - 12/05/07 04:47 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Skittles
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Oh, it is soooo good to hear from her! I wish I could see the pics from work, but I will just have to log on tonight at home. I hope, hope, hope that things get better with Jessie. What a long hard road it has been for her.

Anyway, please tell her we are all thinking of her!!

Return to Top
#866715 - 12/05/07 05:03 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! someone else
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
What wonderful pictures of a adorable little boy!! Thanks for sharing the email and picutres! Jessie will continue to be in my prayers.

Return to Top
#866756 - 12/05/07 05:20 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! corkygirl
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Such a cutie! I am sending prayers and wishes to Dawnie and her family, as well as any one else with children with health problems. May they all heal and grow into healthy toddlers, kids and adults!

Return to Top
#866778 - 12/05/07 05:37 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Nanwa
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Thanks so much MOPNB for posting these pics. Jesse is a cute kiddo as well as our Natlie. I'm with Nanwa, sending prayers for ya'll's family and kids, that you will prevail and sustain during these life trials.

Return to Top
#866836 - 12/05/07 06:20 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Quadspapa
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Wow, she sure has her plate full, now, doesn't she? It made me tear up reading the update.

How wonderfully strong these mothers are (MOPNB & Dawnie) that they have the strength to take care of their doll babies. I also echo Nanwa's thoughts.

BTW, anyone else notice that little Jesse has Dawnie's red hair!? How cool.

MOPNB, thanks again for sharing.

Return to Top
#866865 - 12/05/07 06:40 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Retired DQ
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
He is simply adorable! Thanks for sharing Becca, tell her we always think about her and wish her and her beautiful family the best.

Return to Top
#866887 - 12/05/07 06:53 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! P*Q
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
I've always had a soft spot for red heads, but this one is REALLY ADORABLE!!!!

Return to Top
#866895 - 12/05/07 06:56 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! HMS Pippii
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
He's like a perfect little glass of red wine!

Return to Top
#866896 - 12/05/07 06:57 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! HMS Pippii
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Thanks for the update MOPNB! Please let her know that she and Jesse are in our thoughts. (and that we miss her lively spars with X! )

Return to Top
#866946 - 12/05/07 07:28 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! RR Becca
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
this news is so much better than where I had let my imagination take me, God bless them all!!!!

Return to Top
#867023 - 12/05/07 08:14 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Pale Rider
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
MOPNB, thanks for posting and corresponding with Dawnie on our behalf. I remember visiting Jesse when they were her and he was a doll then - even cuter now!!

Send them our love!

Return to Top
#867037 - 12/05/07 08:20 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Princess Leia
Ice Man Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Thanks MOPNB for the update on Dawnee! BOL should consider inducting her as the first inductee of the BOL Hall of Fame!

Please let her know that they will continue to be in my prayers.

Thanks again!

Return to Top
#867723 - 12/06/07 04:59 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Ice Man
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Thanks for sharing, Becca. My heart aches for them, I hope this round of treatment goes well. She is very much missed around here, and I hope the new year finds everyone in a better place.

Return to Top
#868210 - 12/06/07 09:28 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! E.E.G.B
Glo Offline
Gold Star
Arkansas
I echo everyone here....I am so glad to hear an update and will continue to pray as well. Please do let her know that we really miss her and understand why she is not reading BOL for a while.

Return to Top
#868619 - 12/07/07 02:44 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Glo
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Thanks so much for sharing MOPNB. We miss Dawnie too. LJ is so darn cute. Praying that this treatment finds the 'fix' they are looking for and continued prayers for the family as well.

Return to Top
#869314 - 12/07/07 09:34 PM Re: An update from our favorite Alaskan Queen!!! Countess Kiwi
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Thanks for the update Becca.

He is such an adorable little boy! I hope and pray that this new clinic is able to help him. My heart just hurts for all that they have been through.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett