Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#869423 - 12/07/07 11:14 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
ok, i'm so confused. i didn't realize that i had to have something! i didn't know that i had claimed to!

i was simply trying to discuss moving away from oil. sheesh!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#869453 - 12/08/07 02:38 AM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Then why did you feel the need to belittle?

Return to Top
#869457 - 12/08/07 09:41 AM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Jokerman
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
1/3 of the desert land in Nevada house enough thermo energy to power the state and a lot of california

Return to Top
#869470 - 12/08/07 05:05 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
care to elaborate on anti-matter as an alternative?

care to elaborateon any of your proposed alternatives.

Return to Top
#869481 - 12/08/07 08:07 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb

because you were trying to start an argument! i left nuclear alone because it is an alternative to petrol. i was looking for other things. my question, i thought, implied that having nuclear cars wasn't a solution for that portion of the energy crisis.

Return to Top
#869482 - 12/08/07 08:13 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: straw
care to elaborate on anti-matter as an alternative?

care to elaborateon any of your proposed alternatives.

for fuel, we need to work on more thermodynamically feasible fuels for transportation. this also leads to a side issue of world hunger: if we are having to use more land to grow fuel, that is less human fuel for those who need it. i've heard things about sugar beets and different types of sillage. please dont hold me to be a chemical engineer here, but as a layman, i can look at the numbers of energy yields per gram of material used for fuel. so sorry, iowa.

for general energy needs, wind has amazing potential. solar does as well. it's all about finding ways to harness it. again, i am not a scientist or engineer but i am guessing that they could figure out how. however, as an investor/leader in the coming enconomy, i can help to make these projects feasible in one capacity or another.

Return to Top
#869486 - 12/08/07 08:54 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
You are an investor/leader in the coming economy?

Return to Top
#869495 - 12/08/07 10:57 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate straw
Patriot Offline
Gold Star
Read somewhere recently that if the US produced the same percentage of its electrical power from nuclear plants as does France, we would be dumping 20 million less tons of carbon into our atmosphere per month by not burning all that coal. So why isn't nuclear part of the solution to global warming?

Return to Top
#869497 - 12/08/07 11:05 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla

don't worry. i won't tell you where.

Return to Top
#869498 - 12/08/07 11:05 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Patriot
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Argus T
Read somewhere recently that if the US produced the same percentage of its electrical power from nuclear plants as does France, we would be dumping 20 million less tons of carbon into our atmosphere per month by not burning all that coal. So why isn't nuclear part of the solution to global warming?

tmi/chernobyl fears

Return to Top
#869508 - 12/09/07 01:47 AM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club

because you were trying to start an argument!

No, I wasn't - I was trying to determine why you didn't view nuclear as an alternative. It was a very direct question.

An entrepreneur, too.

Return to Top
#869518 - 12/09/07 02:32 AM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
and when did i NOT view nuclear as an alternative? dude, just admit that you either wanted to start an argument or that you read something into my post that wasn't there.

Return to Top
#869529 - 12/09/07 06:02 AM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
and when did i NOT view nuclear as an alternative? dude, just admit that you either wanted to start an argument or that you read something into my post that wasn't there.

Ron, I don't know who you think you're fooling, and frankly, I don't care. This is only the 558th time you've argued yourself into an obvious corner on this forum out of a love for reading your own posts that exceeds your ability to recognize that you don't have anything to say. Since you are immune to making a complete fool of yourself, this will have no effect, but here's a quick recap of how the conversation went down - Pale said:

Originally Posted By: Pale Santa
WE NEED TO DRILL and BUILD REFINERIES and NUCLEAR PLANTS

You replied:

how about finding alternative energy, pale?

I asked:

What is nuclear power not an alternative to, Ron?

You said:

i know the navy possesses many nuclear powered vehicles but i'm not sure of any available to the consumer market.

But, I do look forward to the futuristic energy solutions that you are going to bring to us through your entrepreneurial acumen. Good thing you've been making all this money by attending law/grad school for most of your adult life so you can pour it into r&d now.

Return to Top
#869535 - 12/09/07 04:14 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
so it wasn't clear that my point was largely limited to transportation? nuclear certainly is a viable alternative (and i've said as much in previous threads. in fact, i believe that i started a thread about nuclear power in france mocking conservatives about how the french were better than us). but we need more than just nuclear power as an alternative. and more specifically for my point in this thread, we need an alternative to oil AND nuclear for our transporation needs.

wasn't it obvious when i was referencing ethanol issues that i wasn't refering to general energy? do we currently even think of ethanol as a power source?

j, you simply wanted to start a fight and that's fine. but don't start grandstanding with me about it.

also, i appreciate your fake concern for my future and finances but that is my problem/non-problem. to assuage your fake concern let me assure you that it is going to work out just fine for the old ronster.

Return to Top
#869541 - 12/09/07 10:52 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
(a) Ron, this isn't hard - the thread isn't very long, and everyone can come up with their own opinion about whether it was inappropriate for me to ask you to clarify your out-of-hand dismissal of Pale's sugggestion. I was not looking for a fight, I was looking for an answer. It certainly appears to me that the answer is, you don't have a clue about this. But I'm not going to argue about it anymore. If you need to have the last word, take it.

(b) I have no fake concern about your future or finances, only unbridled optimism about the glorious future that you, as a forward-thinking entrepreneur, are going to bring to the American people. Godspeed, Ron Mexico, Godspeed.

Return to Top
#869681 - 12/10/07 03:24 PM Re: Energy Bill Fails in Senate Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

don't worry. i won't tell you where.

I'll just assume your role will be permanent student. Seems to be what you are good at.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2