Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#869024 - 12/07/07 06:34 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Sound Tactic
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
I have sadly seen some of R-tard's posts by quotes. Ron, which bank are you arguing against? Do you realize that you are arguing against the downstream bank when everyone is talking about the upstream bank. My god, please, just stop posting.

VH - just remember...some people are born stupid, others have to continually work at it to get it right.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#869202 - 12/07/07 08:18 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Quote:
do you really thinks banks would intentionally give out loans they knew would/could not be repaid?

maybe you shouldn't have don narup on ignore. (and if you don't maybe you can read his posts more thoroughly)

i'm sure that your institution wasn't engaged in this [censored], but the fact that what has happened happened means that somebody(s) was making loans that should've never been made under sound underwriting principles.

And this differs from past busts how? Every credit boom ends this way, why is this one different. For reference, ask your teachers about the S&L industry, the dot.com era and the subprime credit card monoline era.

Return to Top
#869254 - 12/07/07 08:48 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
And this differs from past busts how?

in the programs and lending standards that lenders used.

Return to Top
#869289 - 12/07/07 09:13 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
most recent stats are 0.78% foreclosure rate and 5.59% delinquency rate through the 3rd quarter, 2007. It is important to recognize this is a geographic specific problem to just 7 states.

this is a noble effort, maybe too vague and full of unknowns, but a noble effort none the less

the universe of the loans eligible is small and manageable

so we'll see how it works out

Return to Top
#869472 - 12/08/07 05:11 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:
And this differs from past busts how?

in the programs and lending standards that lenders used.

In the subprime credit card bust, lending standards and programs were sound?

Do you know anything about it or are you just answering for the sake of answering?

Return to Top
#869483 - 12/08/07 08:14 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
credit card bust

are these real estate secured credit cards?

Return to Top
#869485 - 12/08/07 08:51 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
is a credit card a loan?

I'll take that as a yes, you don't know anything about the credit card bust.

Return to Top
#869499 - 12/08/07 11:07 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i'll take it that you don't know anything about the significance of real estate on the economy versus unsecured credit.

Return to Top
#869683 - 12/10/07 03:25 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
i'll take it that you don't know anything about the significance of real estate on the economy versus unsecured credit.

No I do not. Pleaes explain it to me.

Return to Top
#869902 - 12/10/07 07:07 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Retired DQ
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
President Bush yesterday unveiled a plan that would, among other things, freeze interest rates for five years on certain adjustable-rate subprime mortgages to help stem the rising tide of foreclosures. ...

I'd say this plan is just as much a bailout for lenders as it is for homeowners.

Return to Top
#869907 - 12/10/07 07:14 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Becka Marr
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Ms. Becka
President Bush yesterday unveiled a plan that would, among other things, freeze interest rates for five years on certain adjustable-rate subprime mortgages to help stem the rising tide of foreclosures. ...

I'd say this plan is just as much a bailout for lenders as it is for homeowners.

there isn't a lender worth his or her salt that warehouses these loans longer than a month, so it may be more accurate to say it is a bailout of the investors and the homeowners

Return to Top
#869916 - 12/10/07 07:22 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Pale Rider
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Pale Santa

there isn't a lender worth his or her salt that warehouses these loans longer than a month, so it may be more accurate to say it is a bailout of the investors and the homeowners

You're right - investors. I was just thinking that this scheme would be a tremendous relief not just to the homeowners, but also to whomever is having to foreclose on the house.

Return to Top
#869927 - 12/10/07 07:36 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Becka Marr
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
To the extent it actually helps to stem a tide of foreclosures, it will be a bailout for all property owners - investors, themselves.

Return to Top
#869964 - 12/10/07 08:23 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Jokerman
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Explain to me why the government must step in with this plan...if the investors are so concerned about "stemming the tide of foreclosures", why doesn't the investor simply go to their borderline customers and present them with a restructuring plan, or slow down the rate of increases.

If you see someone is going to have a helluva time swallowing a 2% increase, and another 1% six months later, why not soften the increases to half a percent and string them out a little longer. I would imagine it would easier for the customer to afford, and if they are modest enough increases over a longer period of time, less chance of losing the loan to a refi sooner than later. Plus less chance for the investor haveing to sit on a bunch of nonperforming loans/foreclosures and having to accept short sales. What am I missing here?

Return to Top
#869980 - 12/10/07 08:37 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan #Just Jay
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant
Explain to me why the government must step in with this plan...if the investors are so concerned about "stemming the tide of foreclosures", why doesn't the investor simply go to their borderline customers and present them with a restructuring plan, or slow down the rate of increases.

the govt. played no role other than to bring the parties together bbs. This plan is the investors plan, and they were willing to freeze those loans that have a chance of repayment. It really is very modest in the numbers of homeowners it will help.

Return to Top
#869996 - 12/10/07 08:52 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan #Just Jay
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant

I'm not defending the plan. I don't know enough about it. I said last week:

Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb
In general, to the extent the program is really, actually voluntary, I don't have a problem with it. If the Feds are just working to coordinate and publicize the terms of forebearance that would make sense, anyway (after all, what are the lenders going to sell this ORE for, in this market?), then I think they can play a constructive role.

But, I remain skeptical that these are all terms that the lenders/investors truly think they will benefit from, and question whether the whole thing won't just prolong the problem.

Quote:
If you see someone is going to have a helluva time swallowing a 2% increase, and another 1% six months later, why not soften the increases to half a percent and string them out a little longer. I would imagine it would easier for the customer to afford, and if they are modest enough increases over a longer period of time, less chance of losing the loan to a refi sooner than later. Plus less chance for the investor haveing to sit on a bunch of nonperforming loans/foreclosures and having to accept short sales. What am I missing here?

I have no idea - I assume those are the same objective that the investors are trying to achieve through the rate freeze workout.

Return to Top
#870002 - 12/10/07 08:55 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Pale Rider
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
The individual investors could not opt to freeze or modify these loans on their own with their own customers?

Return to Top
#870051 - 12/10/07 09:30 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan #Just Jay
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
no, recall the customers and their advocates wanted 30 year freezes, it took the bully pulpit to get them to do this much

Return to Top
#873455 - 12/14/07 06:28 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Pale Rider
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr

Return to Top
#873476 - 12/14/07 06:40 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Becka Marr
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
you are a real trouble maker there Ms. Becka!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#873482 - 12/14/07 06:46 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Pale Rider
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
But not enough trouble for you to delete the post, I see.

Return to Top
#873484 - 12/14/07 06:47 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Becka Marr
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
But not enough trouble for you to delete the post, I see.

LOL, my button is worn out!!

that was a humorous cartoon!

Return to Top
#873485 - 12/14/07 06:47 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan Becka Marr
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Give it a few moments to register.

Return to Top
#873491 - 12/14/07 06:54 PM Re: GWB & subprime plan #Just Jay
Pale Rider Offline