BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#870676 - 12/11/07 07:36 PM Save Lives
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/11/agent.tapes/index.html

I wish I had the post from Barbie that says "torture" (notice the quotes) does not yield reliable information.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#870685 - 12/11/07 07:40 PM Re: Save Lives Sound Tactic
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ol' Abu was singing like a bird with reliable info that saved lives after just 35 seconds of waterboarding

and on the Senate floor today we have Reid again condemning this technique - he is such a disgrace to be in a leadership position

Return to Top
#870693 - 12/11/07 07:47 PM Re: Save Lives Pale Rider
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Pale, there is no need to save American lives by pouring water on someones face.

If I remember right (which I could be wrong) Barbie's defense was that this was "torture", that it yielded unreliable information, that it actually didn't work (which has now been proven otherwise) and that just because our enemies do it, we shouldnt because their troops should be given the same rights as US citizens - including voting (OK I made that part up).

Return to Top
#870726 - 12/11/07 08:11 PM Really save lives Sound Tactic
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
If you can find time this Christmas season, please donate blood at your local Red Cross or Blood Bank. Over the holidays and wintery weather, many accidents occur, and many of our blood banks run low at this time of year.

Also, please donate to the Salvation Army and your local Red Cross Chapter. There are many house fires this time of year, due to the need to heat homes and apartments or faulty lighting on decorations, and these charities are always there to help the victims of these tragedies.

God bless you for it!

Return to Top
#870758 - 12/11/07 08:32 PM Re: Really save lives Nanwa
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Torture is only effective if you know with certainty that the person you are torturing possesses the information you are seeking and if you can tell with certainty if he or she is lying.

You can waterboard me and I'll tell you within minutes all the secrets of Al Qaeda... not because I actually know anything, but because I'll make crapp up just to end the torture... as would anyone else.

Return to Top
#870761 - 12/11/07 08:33 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Well, I don't think they are just randomly selecting some clown just walking down the street and waterboarding him....

Return to Top
#870763 - 12/11/07 08:36 PM Re: Really save lives MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the info from Abu was verified as accurate and the results are fact!

Return to Top
#870769 - 12/11/07 08:38 PM Re: Really save lives MB Guy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy
Torture is only effective if you know with certainty that the person you are torturing possesses the information you are seeking and if you can tell with certainty if he or she is lying.

So, if you are not absolutely sure that the person has the information, Watorboarding does not work? Wierd. It seems like the CIA knows otherwise. Especially if the person tells you who has the information. Your argument is so riddled with holes I don't even know where to begin.
Last edited by MOPNB; 12/11/07 10:06 PM.

Return to Top
#870770 - 12/11/07 08:38 PM Re: Really save lives MB Guy
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
And I don't think they would select me as someone who would know anything about Al Qaeda. However, I believe there's probably lots of people picked up who have the slightest of associations and are tortured just to see what info it may turn up -- good or bad. My impression of our "intelligence" community is that they're pretty sloppy.

Return to Top
#870773 - 12/11/07 08:41 PM Re: Really save lives Sound Tactic
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry

So, if you are not absolutely sure that the person has the information, Watorboarding does not work? Wierd. It seems like the CIA knows otherwise. Especially if the person tells you who has the information. Your argument is so riddled with holes I don't even know where to begin.

It works in that it gets someone to say something -- if I tortured you, you'd give me information, not necessarily information that's useful though. And I think some in the CIA and other groups that conduct the torture do it because they enjoy it.
Last edited by MOPNB; 12/11/07 10:07 PM.
Return to Top
#870805 - 12/11/07 09:02 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I believe there's probably lots of people picked up who have the slightest of associations and are tortured just to see what info it may turn up -- good or bad. My impression of our "intelligence" community is that they're pretty sloppy...And I think some in the CIA and other groups that conduct the torture do it because they enjoy it.

I believe that those people are putting their lives on the line to keep your family safe, and I think you owe them the benefit of the doubt, not slander.

Return to Top
#870820 - 12/11/07 09:13 PM Re: Really save lives Jokerman
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
"My impression of our "intelligence" community is that they're pretty sloppy."

Glad I worked all those hours doing the best damn job I could so you could call me sloppy. What a joke, you have no clue how the intel community works and Cod willing you never will

Return to Top
#870836 - 12/11/07 09:24 PM Re: Really save lives Jokerman
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb
I believe there's probably lots of people picked up who have the slightest of associations and are tortured just to see what info it may turn up -- good or bad. My impression of our "intelligence" community is that they're pretty sloppy...And I think some in the CIA and other groups that conduct the torture do it because they enjoy it.

I believe that those people are putting their lives on the line to keep your family safe, and I think you owe them the benefit of the doubt, not slander.

The idiots running this country have had 7 years benefit of the doubt -- doubting is long overdue...

Return to Top
#870841 - 12/11/07 09:27 PM Re: Really save lives kms
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: kms

Glad I worked all those hours doing the best damn job I could so you could call me sloppy. What a joke, you have no clue how the intel community works and Cod willing you never will

Ooooo because it's a secret... shhhhh....

Return to Top
#870849 - 12/11/07 09:31 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
You are freaking unbelievable, you give no respect to the people that protect this country, I am not just talking about the troops overseas in harms way, I am also talking about the ones serving back here, the civilians that work for the DOD and even down to the people that make sure to send a care package. You are a fine SELFISH piece of work.

You expect these protections but give nothing but slander back in return!

Return to Top
#870862 - 12/11/07 09:48 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
Jokerman Offline
10K Club

The idiots running this country have had 7 years benefit of the doubt -- doubting is long overdue...

You don't want to respect the President? Fine. But to slander career intelligence officers is pathetic, even for you.

Return to Top
#870864 - 12/11/07 09:49 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Visionary Harry

It works in that it gets someone to say something -- if I tortured you, you'd give me information, not necessarily information that's useful though. And I think some in the CIA and other groups that conduct the torture do it because they enjoy it.

But your argument was that in order for you to get the information from me, you would have to absolutely know that I had it. This is simply not true. It is also simply not true that the CIA is randomly torturing people - or in my opinion torturing anyone at all.
Last edited by MOPNB; 12/11/07 10:07 PM.

Return to Top
#870866 - 12/11/07 09:50 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

So now George Bush is torturing people?

Return to Top
#870882 - 12/11/07 10:08 PM Re: Really save lives Sound Tactic
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Throwing down TR's Red cards!!! Please refrain from changing users names when quoting them.
Last edited by MOPNB; 12/11/07 10:09 PM.
Return to Top
#870885 - 12/11/07 10:14 PM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
if I tortured you, you'd give me information

it seems to be working, as we continue to reply to your torturous posts

Return to Top
#870965 - 12/12/07 12:53 AM Re: Really save lives The Incredible ComplyGuy
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: kms

Ooooo because it's a secret... shhhhh....
maybe you ought to really get to know yourself....intimately

Return to Top