Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#871686 - 12/12/07 08:34 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Bagweaver
Basket Lady Offline
Originally Posted By: Bagweaver
My sister passed away two years ago from bladder cancer which was caused from smoking. She'd quit smoking many years prior to that.

A coworker died from bladder cancer that metastasized to her bones, but she never smoked in her life and did not grow up around smokers (Mormon). I'm not so sure it's possible to assign cancer to any one thing in some cases.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#871692 - 12/12/07 08:42 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Bagweaver
trail hiker Offline
Gold Star
Bladder cancer caused by smoking! Minnesota recently passed a law for no smoking in restaurants and bars. I am so glad because I don't want second hand smoke cancer. my husband still smokes but not in the house or my car. And he does not understand how I can smell it on him.

Return to Top
#871701 - 12/12/07 08:49 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! trail hiker
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
There's no rhyme or reason with cancer - some people smoke like chimmneys and don't get it, others never smoke a day in their lives and get it. It is still the mystery disease.

Return to Top
#871754 - 12/12/07 09:17 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Nanwa
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
My son's mother-in-law is battling lung cancer right now, all they can do is give her 'time' and her husband and son still smoke (not in the house or near her thank goodness) Congrats to all that have been able to stop!!!!

Return to Top
#871792 - 12/12/07 09:37 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! corkygirl
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Congrats to all of the quiters out there!

My dad died of lung cancer, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Return to Top
#871831 - 12/12/07 10:05 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! hmdagal
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I've been smoke-free for 36 years today!! As someone who is obsessed with playing pool (anyone looking for a game?), the worst for me, as a non-smoker, is going to the bar to play for a few hours and coming back smelling like an old ashtray.

I now have a pool table at home and plan on playing at home as much as I can without going to a bar. I sure wish Oklahoma would pass a ban on smoking in bars!!

Return to Top
#871922 - 12/12/07 11:30 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup
I've been smoke-free for 36 years today!! As someone who is obsessed with playing pool (anyone looking for a game?), the worst for me, as a non-smoker, is going to the bar to play for a few hours and coming back smelling like an old ashtray.

I now have a pool table at home and plan on playing at home as much as I can without going to a bar. I sure wish Oklahoma would pass a ban on smoking in bars!!

what???? you ain't but 36 years old! I don't think you can start counting until you reach the age of accountability.

Return to Top
#872018 - 12/13/07 01:41 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Fraud Pup

You should come to our great state, Pup...we are smoke free and CJ's Pub has pool tables!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#872807 - 12/13/07 11:26 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
And what "great state" is that, Ms. Joker?

Return to Top
#873005 - 12/14/07 02:13 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Georgia, of course! Welcome back...where ya been?

Return to Top
#873284 - 12/14/07 04:43 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
A sweet "suthan" drawl from a Georgia peach certainly presents a temptation....

I have friends in Hinesville (Ft. Stewart). They seem to like it okay. How's the humidity in your neck o' the woods?

Return to Top
#873304 - 12/14/07 04:53 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
<-- NE Georgia, and the humidity, at times, can suck, but we still have nothing on Florida!

Return to Top
#873329 - 12/14/07 05:12 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Ops
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Oh, Lord. TWO GEORGIA PEACHES???? :swoons:

Return to Top
#873402 - 12/14/07 05:55 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Sweet Suthern Comfort in the sweltering south GA nights...I'm so close to the Florida line you can stand on top of my barn and see it.

Hot, humid and by Monday am...from 80 to freezing...talk about extreme swings!

Return to Top
#873413 - 12/14/07 06:02 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
We definately have the temperature swings. Yesterday the high was mid 70's, and we woke up to 30's. Some days it'll start out in the 20's and make it to the 70's. I think layering originated in Georgia!

Return to Top
#873418 - 12/14/07 06:04 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Ops
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Ops
We definately have the temperature swings. Yesterday the high was mid 70's, and we woke up to 30's. Some days it'll start out in the 20's and make it to the 70's. I think layering originated in Georgia!

I guess that's what makes us tuff, huh, Ops!

Return to Top
#873421 - 12/14/07 06:07 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
My father quit smoking (cigars) at 65 year old. He's been smoke-free for a little over 8 years now. My husband quit cigarrettes as a wedding present to me but only made it a little over a year before starting back. He's cut way back again now and won't smoke around me at all...it's mostly just at work (construction) and when driving.

Oh, and Pup - I used to have my own table (we sold it when we moved). I still have my cue and though I'm a little out of practice I bet I could still give you a run for it.

Return to Top
#873424 - 12/14/07 06:09 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: RR joker

That's right!

Return to Top
#873437 - 12/14/07 06:16 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Ops

LOL! Yeah, nothing quite like running the heat at night and switching to a/c by noon.

Return to Top
#873453 - 12/14/07 06:24 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Oh, and Pup - I used to have my own table (we sold it when we moved). I still have my cue and though I'm a little out of practice I bet I could still give you a run for it.

Ahhh..we could make it a threesome I'm quite sure I can locate one of my sticks, too!

Return to Top
#873459 - 12/14/07 06:29 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
We've actually been discussing getting one of those multi-tables to put in the garage (since we never park in there anyway). You know the ones that switch from pool to air hocky to ping-pong or whatever? Now THAT would call for some serious bookclub meetings at my house!

Return to Top
#873468 - 12/14/07 06:33 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Ops
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Becca, I'll play you left-handed....(I'm NOT left-handed) so you'll have a chance.

Joker, "Sweet Suthern Comfort in the sweltering south GA nights"?
I'm not sure I can handle too much of that kind of talk!! I don't think my old heart can handle it!!

Return to Top
#873470 - 12/14/07 06:35 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Joker
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Ahhh..we could make it a threesome I'm quite sure I can locate one of my sticks, too!

:Clutches chest and falls to the floor:

Return to Top
#873495 - 12/14/07 06:55 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! Pup
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Great. Look, joker - now you've gone and killed the Pup! *sigh*

Return to Top
#873509 - 12/14/07 07:03 PM Re: There is NOTHING worse than a reformed smoker! RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Dang it! PUP...QUIT PLAYIN POSSUM! YOU AREN'T THAT OLD! Hey...the garage meetings sound GREAT! I'd much rather battle book subjects while hitting the 8 from behind my back...while leaning against the table, after 3 or 4! (take notes, Pup...;) )

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3