BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#876846 - 12/20/07 08:21 PM as if NO has not had enough problems
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Housing Protesters, Police Clash at New Orleans City Hall

so for the first time in a long time, the city council in New Orleans is trying to do the right thing, and people are protesting. The housing developments they want to tear down are deplorable, have no central air or heat, were crime ridden, bug infested, rat infested, drug usher havens. Since Katrina, they have been uninhabited. Now, the push is to tear these down and replace them with something that is much nicer. One developemtn was torn down and rebuilt before Katrina, and these 4 were all scheduled for demolition as well.

Now, out of state professional protesters are here, calling for the renovation of these junked developments. The cost to renovate is almost 3 times what it will cost to tear down and build something new and much nicer. How very sad that idiots such as Nancy Pelosi have called for a halt, she is so uninformed it makes me want to vomit...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#876856 - 12/20/07 08:28 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems HappyGilmore
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
here here jolly....

makes me smile that its raining!

Return to Top
#876863 - 12/20/07 08:34 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems doobydoobydoo
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Jollyman, some friends of mine are forming a development company to build affordable houses in the NO area and their product would be SO MUCH better for everyone than the existing projects.

Return to Top
#876865 - 12/20/07 08:36 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems HappyGilmore
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Now, out of state professional protesters are here

The article doesn't mention anyone from out of state, except for demobulb politicians salivating for votes. Are you saying that someone is busing in protesters from out of state - I doubt it.

I hate to be the one to tell you, Huge Jolly, it's your neighbors that are protesting - you need to contribute more to the local tax base or spend your weekends renovating those brick houses. I'd say, around 90% of your gross income should be about right.

Return to Top
#876894 - 12/20/07 08:57 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems °X°
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: _X_
Now, out of state professional protesters are here

The article doesn't mention anyone from out of state, except for demobulb politicians salivating for votes. Are you saying that someone is busing in protesters from out of state - I doubt it.

I hate to be the one to tell you, Huge Jolly, it's your neighbors that are protesting - you need to contribute more to the local tax base or spend your weekends renovating those brick houses. I'd say, around 90% of your gross income should be about right.

as much as I hate to agree....
I have not heard of anyone busing in protestors, this time
I guess al sharpton and jesse "gimme your money" jackson found somebody better to exploit this time...

Return to Top
#876900 - 12/20/07 09:05 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems °X°
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

The article I linked is the only place you've gathered info, whereas I have access to local TV and radio where they have interviewed a large number of out of state "professional" protesters. I have no idea if they have come by bus, plane, or car, or who paid to get them here, if anyone did, but they are here. I'd love to send them your way, you could bore them to death.

Return to Top
#876903 - 12/20/07 09:08 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems doobydoobydoo
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
I will say this in defense of Jolly. Being from South Louisiana, a lot of things get bused in and out of there that don't make the news, so I am not saying they did, but it would not suprise me....

Return to Top
#876966 - 12/20/07 10:27 PM Re: as if NO has not had enough problems HappyGilmore
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: JollyGilmore
Quote:

The article I linked is the only place you've gathered info, whereas I have access to local TV and radio where they have interviewed a large number of out of state "professional" protesters. I have no idea if they have come by bus, plane, or car, or who paid to get them here, if anyone did, but they are here. I'd love to send them your way, you could bore them to death.

So, why is that fact not in the article - seems biased.

Send them here - Yes, they would end up dead so it would be best for you to have them over for Christmas Dinner, perhaps some cash for each one? Get with the program - they need to fix their houses up, you've got the funds - it's a match!

Return to Top