Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#877059 - 12/21/07 11:16 AM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing Becka Marr
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr
So, then what did you mean when you said that the line between reality and pretend keeps getting blurrier?

That happens to me after a few martinis.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#877218 - 12/21/07 03:46 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing Becka Marr
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr
So, then what did you mean when you said that the line between reality and pretend keeps getting blurrier?

I was making a joke.

Return to Top
#877227 - 12/21/07 03:51 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing straw
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
I have kids who play violent video games(1daughter & 2 sons and a husband) and I personally believe that if handled correctly by adults, there will be no problems. Parents have to talk to there kids and let them know what is reality and what is not. And there is the key - TALKING TO YOUR CHILDREN-

Return to Top
#877231 - 12/21/07 03:54 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing Nascar
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
NASCAR, don't you know it doesn't take parents talking to their children to raise responsible and well behaved children, it takes a village!

Return to Top
#877233 - 12/21/07 03:56 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing MB Guy
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
Well, when the village is full of idots, its kinda hard, and some of the village people send there children to boarding school, now how are they gonna help raise children...they can not even raise there own.....

Return to Top
#877254 - 12/21/07 04:07 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are killing Nascar
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Hey don't talk about Hilary like that.... oh heck what do I care!!!!

Return to Top
#877309 - 12/21/07 04:28 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are kil Nascar
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Nascar
I have kids who play violent video games(1daughter & 2 sons and a husband) and I personally believe that if handled correctly by adults, there will be no problems. Parents have to talk to there kids and let them know what is reality and what is not. And there is the key - TALKING TO YOUR CHILDREN-

Truer words have never been spoken.

Return to Top
#877534 - 12/21/07 07:08 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are kil Imagine
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
You know, you can learn alot of interesting things when you actully sit down and talk to your kids. And oh by the way, you have to have a strong stomache too..

You have to get over the"my child will never do that syndrome" and be prepared not to scream and hollar, after all, you do want them to tell you everything and be truthful about it at the same time.

I do not get into the vidoe game thing, with all the shooting and ripping each others heads off and all that, but it has also been a good way for my husband to bond with the kids. I love to sit back and listen to the conversations about how there day went and what is really going on in there lives. Yes, all over a game of Dome or whatever some of those crazy games are called.

They can be a great learning tool....

Return to Top
#877823 - 12/21/07 10:48 PM Re: Why worry about guns, when video games are kil Nascar
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Geez....whatever happened to good ol' cops and robbers or cowboys and indians. Neither of those pretend games that I played outside as a kid caused me to get a real gun (we all had play guns with holsters, cap guns too)and kill someone even though it was part of the game.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3