Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#878509 - 12/26/07 03:50 PM Reg. O Covered Executive Officers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our list of Reg. O covered Executive Officers includes the Internal Audit Manager and the Compliance Manager. I have never worked at a Bank which included these two positions on the resolution list adopted annually in accordance wtih 12 CFR Part 215. Should they be removed from the list?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#878511 - 12/26/07 03:51 PM Re: Reg. O Covered Executive Officers? Anonymous
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Do they make policy decisions? If they do, they should be there.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

#879616 - 12/28/07 02:26 PM Re: Reg. O Covered Executive Officers? Andy_Z
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Internal Audit Manager as an executive officer?? Kind of jeopardizes their independence a little?????

#879689 - 12/28/07 04:02 PM Re: Reg. O Covered Executive Officers? rlcarey
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Is there a definition of "executive officer" in the regs? In some banks and other organziations, the CAE is part of the executive team, not as a policy maker but as an advisor on control, tax, regulatory, etc. concerns. The fact they are considered part of the executive team doesn't automatically impact their independence -- unless, there is a definition on executive officer in the regs that states some of the duties would impact their independence.

#879708 - 12/28/07 04:29 PM Re: Reg. O Covered Executive Officers? blue
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Sec. 215.2 Definitions
(e)(1) Executive officer of a company or bank means a person who participates or has authority to participate (other than in the capacity of a director) in major policymaking functions of the company or bank, whether or not: the officer has an official title; the title designates the officer an assistant; or the officer is serving without salary or other compensation.\1\ The chairman of the board, the president, every vice president, the cashier, the secretary, and the treasurer of a company or bank are considered executive officers, unless the officer is excluded, by resolution of the board of directors or by the bylaws of the bank or company, from participation (other than in the capacity of a director) in major policymaking functions of the bank or company, and the officer does not actually participate therein.

#880163 - 12/30/07 02:23 PM Re: Reg. O Covered Executive Officers? MichelleDawn
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
While an Audit Manager may provide valuable input on issue to management, if they are actually a part of the decision making process, IMHO it severely impacts their independence.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale