Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#879848 - 12/28/07 06:23 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? #Just Jay
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
well, it would be a good conversation if X had nuts..........

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#879853 - 12/28/07 06:25 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
it's a true story.

Actually, as you said when you first posted it, it's a "web story". Someone posted it on a website and you want to believe that it's true. In reality, you have no idea whether it's true.

Return to Top
#879865 - 12/28/07 06:33 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Yossarian
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Yoss, the story was posted by a blogger - apparently it's a first-person account of his actual experience working in the emergency department. Looking at some of the reader comments, one gets the impression that abusing the medical system for free pregnancy tests is not uncommon.

But, you're right that it's not verifiably true.
Last edited by Becka Marr; 12/28/07 06:37 PM.

Return to Top
#879873 - 12/28/07 06:42 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? #Just Jay
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant
Exactly... just posting unrelated circular garbage to to get the attention off the fact that your original posts/rants/nonsence have no actual merit.

Carry on munchkin muncher...

Thanks for the encouragement, buck.

Return to Top
#879874 - 12/28/07 06:44 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
Shame on you, X. Starting threads like this one only proves how misogynist you are, and highlights your dismal view of women. No doubt, you feel a woman's token purpose is to have and raise children for ungrateful baby-men like you. And to essentially blame a responsible woman for having breast cancer is low, even for you.

Oh, I know - me bad!

Return to Top
#879877 - 12/28/07 06:45 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? #Just Jay
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant
Well X, when you loose your left nut to cancer, how about we all publicly discuss what of your personal lifestyle choices over the years lead to it, and how you could have prevented something so easily preventable.

Let us know when that happens so we can open up the discussion.

OK, sounds good to me as it's all about me anyway.

Return to Top
#879878 - 12/28/07 06:45 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: °X°
Shame on you, X. Starting threads like this one only proves how misogynist you are, and highlights your dismal view of women. No doubt, you feel a woman's token purpose is to have and raise children for ungrateful baby-men like you. And to essentially blame a responsible woman for having breast cancer is low, even for you.

Oh, I know - me bad!

Maybe if you've lost a loved one to braest cancer, you wouldn't attempt the blame-game, Spanky.

Return to Top
#879881 - 12/28/07 06:46 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: QueenBee

Another fat bee chimes in.

Return to Top
#879886 - 12/28/07 06:49 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
The pill is used for indications other than birth control. It can be used to treat severe acne and also painful periods in young women. Lumping all pill users in the "easy" crowd is just wrong.

Abuse of the medical system is indeed wrong and needless ER visits do drive up the cost of healthcare. I'm not an expert on Medicaid, but would it even be legal for a doctor to refuse services simply because of the insurance the patient has? Instead of insulting the patient by telling her to go to the dollar store, perhaps he should have referred her back to her OB (as she indicated she has one). You can take all the home pregnancy tests you want, when you schedule a visit with the OB for any type of maternity care, the first thing they do is a pregnancy test and then the standard STD tests. The story states that a urinalysis was done. What's one mmore test? You already have the pee. Instead, she will go to her OB, pee again, it will get sent to a lab for testing, likely causing higher costs to the medicaid system than if an ignorant ER doc, likely a resident or perhaps a PA, had just done the test to begin with.

On a serious note, and I am serious, is there anything besides yourself and veganism that you like X? I'm sure your response will be the usual slam of coolies, but really, many of your posts seem to have a negative connotation. What sort of things do you like to talk about. What do you support?

Return to Top
#879888 - 12/28/07 06:50 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT

Another fat bee chimes in.

Fat bee? Clearly Spanky, you have no clue - everyone can see I am PHAT not fat - get it right please.

And in all seriousness, for the record, I am far from fat.

Return to Top
#879903 - 12/28/07 07:03 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
That's not what I heard.

Besides, to use "Queen" as part of your poster name, one of the requirements is an extra 20-50 pounds - it's our Queen size coolie crowd - we've got lots of them here - just look around your bank - Queens everywhere. Oh, also - you need to be a liberal.

Return to Top
#879904 - 12/28/07 07:04 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Comp Guy No More
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Comp Guy
The pill is used for indications other than birth control. It can be used to treat severe acne and also painful periods in young women. Lumping all pill users in the "easy" crowd is just wrong.

Funny you should say.. I started on BC when I was 19-ish because my hormones were all out of whack.

Return to Top
#879908 - 12/28/07 07:06 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

Oh, I know - me bad!

Maybe if you've lost a loved one to braest cancer, you wouldn't attempt the blame-game, Spanky.

Are you trying to make me feel bad, BaconBoy? It's impossible - I'm bulletproof. Besides, I'm trying to prevent breast cancer - the articles purpose was to provide information - but this subject brings out all the animals, unfortunately.

Return to Top
#879910 - 12/28/07 07:06 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Ops
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: Ops

Funny you should say.. I started on BC when I was 19-ish because my hormones were all out of whack.

And you were easy! Just teasing!

Return to Top
#879912 - 12/28/07 07:08 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr

Pay attention, Bacon! Or don't you remember that it was Mr. "X" who displayed a pink ribbon avatar in September as a reminder about breast cancer awareness? I believe he also stated that he knows (or has known) women affected by the disease.

Return to Top
#879914 - 12/28/07 07:11 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Comp Guy No More
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: Ops

And you were easy! Just teasing!

*sarcasm* No, no...... get it right, Comp! It was AFTER the birth control just like X so wisely stated.

Return to Top
#879916 - 12/28/07 07:12 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
That's not what I heard.

Besides, to use "Queen" as part of your poster name, one of the requirements is an extra 20-50 pounds - it's our Queen size coolie crowd - we've got lots of them here - just look around your bank - Queens everywhere. Oh, also - you need to be a liberal.

If you think I am fat, you have SERIOUS issues - more serious than many of us thought. And, thanks for explaining the BOL rules of poster names, but I dont need them. Queen to me, means being in charge - not being FAT! I guess for your screen name to be X, you must be an arrogant, ignorant, a s s .

Return to Top
#879924 - 12/28/07 07:24 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:
Yoss, the story was posted by a blogger

Yes, I had Googled it to find the source before my earlier post. That's why I posted what I did.

Return to Top
#879926 - 12/28/07 07:28 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Yossarian
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Ok, I wasn't sure if you had looked it up, or not.

Return to Top
#879927 - 12/28/07 07:28 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
So sweet of you, X, to just try to keep us from getting breast cancer. How altruistic.

And you may be right about fewer women getting breast cancer before BC. Let's look back a bit in my family tree, for instance. My grandfather was one of 17 children. His dad had one wife, who had 10 kids, and then died. His second wife had 7 kids, and then died. Nope, no breast cancer there. My grandmother's mother was institutionalized after her fifth child - post-partum depression, which they weren't very astute at treating in those days. She died in the institution. Grandma always claimed that her mother just couldn't face more domestic life with her mean, mean husband. Nope, no breast cancer there.

Gee, maybe you're right, you really just do have our interests at heart......instead of worrying about breast cancer at age 50, I could have died years ago, my body worn out from childbearing. Boy, am I filled with regret!

NOT!

Return to Top
#879935 - 12/28/07 07:36 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
And in all seriousness, for the record, I am far from fat.

Perhaps not, but I can certainly understand how someone would get that idea: weren't you the one who posted that "32 vending machine items doesn't really seem like that much in the course of a day," and just told us this morning about the HUGE panties you received that were still too small for you?

Return to Top
#879941 - 12/28/07 07:43 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
well.......what I actually posted was that the panties were way to big!!! And in all honestly, 32 items from a vending machine doesnt seem like a lot depending on the size of the items in the vending machine.

It appears to me that you feel the need to have Spanky's back - what - he can't stick up for himself? Are you his bodyguard?

Please Becka, dont hate because my metabolism burns faster than yours.

Return to Top
#879943 - 12/28/07 07:45 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Overboard Offline
100 Club
Overboard
Minnesota
Who cares! There is nothing wrong with being chubby.

Return to Top
#879945 - 12/28/07 07:47 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Overboard
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
It appears that Becka cares since she stores random posts of mine in her head - that is kind of stalker-ish don't you think?

Return to Top
#879946 - 12/28/07 07:47 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I don't hate you, QB. Just pointing out that your posts might give people the wrong impression. Sorry if I misread.

I'm not Mr. "X"'s bodyguard. I'm his friend.
Last edited by Becka Marr; 12/28/07 07:52 PM.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3