Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#879952 - 12/28/07 07:51 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Overboard Offline
100 Club
Overboard
Minnesota
Why not get back to the topic.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#879957 - 12/28/07 07:54 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Overboard
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Do you have something to say about birth control, Squeeky?

Return to Top
#879962 - 12/28/07 07:58 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Overboard Offline
100 Club
Overboard
Minnesota
I think it is a good thing. Better to take a chance on getting cancer than to bring an unwanted child into the world that would be possibly ignored,abused,killed or who knows what.

Return to Top
#879964 - 12/28/07 07:59 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
Maybe if you've lost a loved one to braest cancer, you wouldn't attempt the blame-game, Spanky.

Pay attention, Bacon! Or don't you remember that it was Mr. "X" who displayed a pink ribbon avatar in September as a reminder about breast cancer awareness? I believe he also stated that he knows (or has known) women affected by the disease.

I do recall that avatar, Becka! My main point was that articles like this appear to point the finger at the woman as being wholly responsible for having breast cancer. And while I'm certain X has the best interest of all women's breast health in mind, stating women who are on the pill are more promiscuous is absurd.

Return to Top
#879976 - 12/28/07 08:13 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
hmmm..the incidence of male breast cancer has risen dramatically over the last few years....I wonder what would be the basis for that incline? Certainly not the birth control pill......

Return to Top
#879985 - 12/28/07 08:17 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? TINKerBell
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Well it's beacuse us guys are diddling you loose ladies on the pill!!

You're secretly trying to kill us!!

Return to Top
#879988 - 12/28/07 08:21 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? #Just Jay
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: bbsgrant
Well it's beacuse us guys are diddling you loose ladies on the pill!!

You're secretly trying to kill us!!

I dont even know what to say about that post....

Return to Top
#879995 - 12/28/07 08:25 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
My main point was that articles like this appear to point the finger at the woman as being wholly responsible for having breast cancer.

I think that's a valid point. I think there's a problem with articles like this is that focus exclusively on one possible negative consequence to a given action, and somehow make it seem like an inevitable result.

But I will give the author credit for disclaiming any hidden agenda in reporting the information.

Return to Top
#880094 - 12/28/07 10:28 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Queen to me, means being in charge

You almost got it, Queen - but, it's being "large" when used in the Cooler - that's been proven factual time and time again - based on reports and personal sightings. It's hard to miss a zeppelin.

Return to Top
#880099 - 12/28/07 10:31 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Queen Bee
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: QueenBee
well.......what I actually posted was that the panties were way to big!!! And in all honestly, 32 items from a vending machine doesnt seem like a lot depending on the size of the items in the vending machine.

It appears to me that you feel the need to have Spanky's back - what - he can't stick up for himself? Are you his bodyguard?

Please Becka, dont hate because my metabolism burns faster than yours.

Ms. Becka does fact checking for me, on occasion. Trust me, she doesn't have a metabolism issue, not at all.

Return to Top
#880103 - 12/28/07 10:39 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
stating women who are on the pill are more promiscuous is absurd.

You really don't think that they are? What about the age group of 17-23? You don't think that they are 'encouraged' in some way or 'supported' in some way or 'safer' in some way to engage in additional 'relationships' by taking the pill?

Return to Top
#880150 - 12/30/07 05:10 AM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: °X°
Originally Posted By: QueenBee
well.......what I actually posted was that the panties were way to big!!! And in all honestly, 32 items from a vending machine doesnt seem like a lot depending on the size of the items in the vending machine.

It appears to me that you feel the need to have Spanky's back - what - he can't stick up for himself? Are you his bodyguard?

Please Becka, dont hate because my metabolism burns faster than yours.

Ms. Becka does fact checking for me, on occasion. Trust me, she doesn't have a metabolism issue, not at all.

I've seen QB. Queen size she is not! If anything, she could stand to eat a burger!

Return to Top
#880158 - 12/30/07 06:58 AM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia

You really don't think that they are? What about the age group of 17-23? You don't think that they are 'encouraged' in some way or 'supported' in some way or 'safer' in some way to engage in additional 'relationships' by taking the pill?

Speaking as a woman who went on the pill at 19, nope.. I don't. I think the media, poor parenting, sucky morals, and the lack of education about STDs and such 'encourage' women of this age group to be more promiscuous. JMO.

Return to Top
#880173 - 12/30/07 11:57 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? °X°
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr

It really makes no sense for someone to think that any method of birth control 'encourages' promiscuity - especially in the case of the pill, which is certainly not 'safer' with respect to the fact that it doesn't protect against STDs. A woman who chooses the pill (or carries a diaphragm, or gets an IUD, etc.) is no more 'encouraged' to have multiple partners than a man who has a vasectomy. Nor does buying a box of condoms 'support' using each one with a different partner.

Return to Top
#880525 - 12/31/07 07:22 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Becka Marr
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
All I know is, after being on the pill for nearly 30 years, for birth control, PMS control and cycle regulation, I am now off of them and have trouble remembering what day it is. Every morning when I would take my pill, the pill package listed the day, so I knew whether it was Monday or Tuesday or whatever. Now, whenever I can't remember what day it is, I think I forgot to take my pill. Then I remind myself I don't take them anymore.

And I smile.

It's great to be drug free!

Return to Top
#880527 - 12/31/07 07:23 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Nanwa
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Haha, Nanwa!

Return to Top
#880594 - 12/31/07 08:44 PM Re: Why isn't this study on the pill heeded? Nanwa
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
All I know is, after being on the pill for nearly 30 years, for birth control, PMS control and cycle regulation, I am now off of them and have trouble remembering what day it is. Every morning when I would take my pill, the pill package listed the day, so I knew whether it was Monday or Tuesday or whatever. Now, whenever I can't remember what day it is, I think I forgot to take my pill. Then I remind myself I don't take them anymore.

And I smile.

It's great to be drug free!

Now that is the best post in this entire thread!!!!!!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3