BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#88075 - 06/13/03 05:43 PM Market share determination
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Hi everyone,

Could any of you tell me how I can determine my bank's loan account market share? (We already know our deposit account share.) My marketing officer posted this question in another forum a couple of days ago, without any response yet , so I thought I give it a try here in the general forum.

Here's the specific question she had: "Hi, I was just hoping you could share how you determine your loan market share. I have been trying to use the FDIC's SDI info, but the reports include all branches of our peer group within the state, skewing the market share data. All of our branches are within two counties, so I don't want to compare against banks who's holding companies are in other parts of the state or the entire state system of larger national banks. How have you managed to segment the information?"

Can any of you help us determine this? (By the way, I just have to brag about her for a moment... she is fantastic about bringing all marketing issues to me for my compliance opinion - a rare gem, I know! (All the more reason I'd like get a speedy answer for her!)

Of course, this is a perfect Dawnie question, since market share percentages tie in with CRA issues. However, since Dawnie is at the North Pole sampling Santa's wine, do any of the rest of you know how we can determine this? Don?

Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#88076 - 06/13/03 07:50 PM Re: Market share determination
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
FDIC provides deposit information but not loan information by individual branch office, which is what you need to do your market share. To answer your question I don't believe there is public data available that will give you what you want.

Which is why we provide this type of analysis. If you would like information e-mail or call. Its cheap

Return to Top
#88077 - 06/13/03 08:36 PM Re: Market share determination
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Thanks Don, I appreciate the info! I'll pass it on!

Return to Top
#88078 - 06/18/03 08:32 PM Re: Market share determination
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
So did I answer the question in the PM's? (I'm hoping that was your compatriot and not another bank looking for the same info?)

I have to add a pitch while I'm here. Tracking software comes in many forms, from Don's to Centrax to PCI, giving you oddles of options in pricing and capability, but the one thing they all have in common is the ability to save your folks time...which costs the bank money. They are well worth the bucks, and even more so if you have a marketing department that want's to share in using the information. Mine won't touch info from my department (a real shame) but it sounds like you have a great relationship. You need this info for CRA, they need it for sales....you should start looking at what these folks can do for you

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top