Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#88133 - 06/16/03 10:45 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

That's it, I'm out of this water cooler.

You come in here, act like a jack@$$ and then have the audacity to call BOL'rs clickish. What a crock! Good riddance to your ill manners.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#88134 - 06/17/03 11:25 AM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We took (for fun) some personality tests here last week. I took two - one for the work 'me' and one for the social 'me'. I'm two totally different people. At work I'm outspoken and have to be to perform my job well. Socially, I'm a bit of a quiet person who doesn't venture out of her shell. Go figure! Now if I could only introduce the two.

Return to Top
#88135 - 06/17/03 12:55 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Well, based on the almost 90,000 posts, I'd definitely say BOL users ARE clickish. Now cliqueish - that's a different question. I tend to think not, because otherwise why would they be accepting of me?

Return to Top
#88136 - 06/17/03 06:42 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Zaibatsu, I had to answer number 5 because you didn't have the proper response for me.

11. "Depends on how many drinks I've had."

Return to Top
#88137 - 06/17/03 06:54 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
We need a second poll for shyness after alcohol.

Return to Top
#88138 - 06/17/03 07:18 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I won't agree with Ipso, let me just say this. I have been to a lot of Marketing functions/schools/conferences - this stuff happens, and it's not intentional. Go to enough schools, etc. with a large group of people and those who have stuff in common migrate to each other. Whether it's the group that likes to work hard during the day, and then play very hard at night (like me - but still make it to class the next morning), or whether it's the group that like to sightsee, etc. It's just no reasonable to think that everyone will hang out together in one big group. Likewise, it's not reasonable to think that every BOL poster, when put in a large setting, will "click" with each other. I personally have never met and BOLers, so I am not qualified to make a judgment like Ipso did, but my experience would tell me that it most likely was not an intentional snub, but the environment (and by that I mean that maybe some were deep in a discussion and Anon was not comfortable and did not feel that circle opening up). Anyway, I find when I am in that situation (and I have been on both sides - I being the true shy Dave) and there is a group of people who obviously know each other, have probably partied together, maybe even thrown up in front of each other, that I simply make an introduction (if I so choose)and then when the situation is right, start blending in by listening, and not trying to ingratiate myself into the discussion right away. I don;t know what happened, and I don't know Anon (whether he/she is registered or not}, but let's be truthful - some people try WAY too hard and come off as very abrasive way too quickly. I know that this has been a long, rambling, series of run-on sentences, but bottom line is that this is life - clickish, non-clickish, BOLer, non-BOLer - doesn't matter. Interpersonal skills are so varied that some will click and some won't; I don't even mind Ipso'sn interpersonal skills - he/she is probably a straight to the point kind of person who gets along very well with many types of people, but every once in a while, Ipso, you become a little bitter and I would bet, do it on purpose to stir things up because that can be fun.

Return to Top
#88139 - 06/17/03 07:41 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I tried to vote but apparently Suzon got to it first. I guarantee she chose a 6 or 8 where as I wanted a 1 Suprising huh? I'm such a shy person on line you'd expect...oh well nevermind I'm as goofy in real life as I am on line, but then I'm paid to be a public face for the bank, verses the evil compliance people like Andy (heh heh I'm kidding!)

I wish I'd have attended that conference, but since I didn't, everyone is invited to attend the Federal Reserves conference on CRA in California next year. I promise to snub everyone! (Then I'll drag your bumm to a bar and get you drunk just for giggles) Cuz as Dave says....

Quote:

and there is a group of people who obviously know each other, have probably partied together, maybe even thrown up in front of each other,

The BOL'ers that throw up together...stick together LOL

I always end up with a group of strangers at conferences, but normally that's because I'm from Alaska and my hair is the same color as bozo the clown. I normally spend half the night explaining I don't "drive" a dog sled to work and that we are able to use united states currency here, throughout the state. Oh and one of my favorites...that you don't need a passport to visit

Ispo...get a life dude. This isn't the place to be so nasty. What was remarked on in a constructive manner (maybe organize a BOL group next year) didn't need to have nastyness added to it.

Ok, two cents over with (worth about 1 probably)

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#88140 - 06/17/03 07:44 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

While I won't agree with Ipso, let me just say this. I have been to a lot of Marketing functions/schools/conferences - this stuff happens, and it's not intentional. Go to enough schools, etc. with a large group of people and those who have stuff in common migrate to each other.

It's not easy to admit that you are part of a click, but there is a click within BOL - and some of the long-term posters are in complete denial. That's is just the way it is.

I'll tell you one thing - Andy is not a member of the click - he is above that - you can read that fact in his posts - he never "takes on" someone that may have a different view, but simply states the facts of the matter without attaching the "attitude." Of the 2,000+ posters - he's virtually the only one.

Thanks Andy.

Return to Top
#88141 - 06/17/03 07:45 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

(Then I'll drag your bumm to a bar and get you drunk just for giggles)

Is that really how you spell "bumm"??? Gives the word bummer a whole new meaning

Return to Top
#88142 - 06/17/03 07:58 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

there is a click within BOL

As I see it, there is only one clique on BOL and it has but one member--you.

Return to Top
#88143 - 06/17/03 08:13 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

he never "takes on" someone that may have a different view, but simply states the facts of the matter without attaching the "attitude." Of the 2,000+ posters - he's virtually the only one.

Ipso--I do not understand how you equate "attitude" about differing views with a clique. That makes no sense. Taking an attitude with someone or an issue does not a clique make.

A clique is a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially one held together by common interests, views, or purposes. BOLr's are held together by common interests and purposes, but I do not see it as being exclusive--in fact, it is inclusive. For instance, I never look to see who asked the question before answering it. If I know the answer or where to find the answer, I answer it regardless of who it is or whether they have registered with BOL.

And to say that Andy is the only one who is inclusive in incorrect (not to speak for Andy, but I think he would find your comment offensive).

I am not a compliance person, so I am more often reading answers than answering questions. I am much more likely to know the answer to a legal question (particularly Texas) than compliance questions. I have also answered questions through private messages for people I do not know and usernames I do not recognize. I have also referred folks to attorneys who can help them with their issues. This is not intended to toot my horn--I think many of the users on BOL do the same thing without asking for anything in return or giving anyone attitude.

Return to Top
#88144 - 06/17/03 08:18 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

there is a click within BOL

As I see it, there is only one clique on BOL and it has but one member--you.

My bet is that you are part of the click, just signing off to not reveal your cliquishness. Clicks or cliques are not necessarily a bad thing but the truth will set you free.

Return to Top
#88145 - 06/17/03 09:33 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
This is getting crazy. Obviously, we will never convince Ipso how aggravating s/he is. What really gets me is how someone can be anonymous and yet take cheap shots at those that are trying to help each other out. Ipso adds very little value to BOL, yet stirs the pot excessively.

I have a suggestion. Why don't we just not respond/reply/acknowledge anything Ipso ever says - whether intelligent or not?

Return to Top
#88146 - 06/17/03 09:37 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Ispo...get a life dude. This isn't the place to be so nasty. What was remarked on in a constructive manner (maybe organize a BOL group next year) didn't need to have nastyness added to it.

Ok, two cents over with (worth about 1 probably)

This is the water cooler, so don't be so clickish.

Return to Top
#88147 - 06/17/03 10:30 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

This is getting crazy. Obviously, we will never convince Ipso out aggravating s/he is. What really gets me is how someone can be anonymous and yet take cheap shots at those that are trying to help each other out. Ipso adds very little value to BOL, yet stirs the pot excessively.

I have a suggestion. Why don't we just not respond/reply/acknowledge anything Ipso ever says - whether intelligent or not?

And, in addition to clickish, there is bullying that goes on as well.

David: I believe that you have come up with the perfect advice - now just incorporate that advice into your posting routine and let each poster make their own decision. There is no need to bully the entire group.

Return to Top
#88148 - 06/17/03 11:00 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
zaibatsu:
You have a valid point, but take another look at the original post. The poster ended up with a feeling after attempting to be inclusive in that environment. Perhaps that feeling "happens" to posters in this environment. I'm simply expressing the opinion that it does happen.

David's post above is an clear example of clickish behavior. Why attempt to have someone shunned by the entire group? Where does that "thinking" come from? I, for some reason, upset David's world within BOL - it's the click part.

I would not post this message if this was not the water cooler area of BOL - the blow off steam section.

Return to Top
#88149 - 06/17/03 11:02 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
I think we need to declare "Jihad" on Ipso Facto....
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#88150 - 06/18/03 12:43 AM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I'm with Burback and jealous that y'all got to go while I had to defend my file cabinets from being taken over by another department looking for filing room! Grrrrr...

Return to Top
#88151 - 06/18/03 01:51 AM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Andy_Z Online
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Bonnie, next year sell them on imaging and visit with us in Chicago.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#88152 - 06/18/03 02:24 AM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
Whether it's the group that likes to work hard during the day, and then play very hard at night (like me - but still make it to class the next morning), - Cub Dave

You must have been at Graduate Banking School at LSU last week!

Return to Top
#88153 - 06/19/03 04:48 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
Its funny. I took the shy test and to be honest. I depends on the situation how shy I would be. I can say that if I was in an area, like the Conference, it would depend on how I felt. Sometimes you can not shut me up and other times you would have no idea I was even there.

Return to Top
#88154 - 06/20/03 04:44 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of the BOL users and Gurus I spoke with at the Conference were super friendly! It was a great experience for me - putting names and faces together. It's like a belonging to a family.

Luisa Garcia

Return to Top
#758692 - 06/22/07 02:47 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish? 1111
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
hmmmn, was this foreshadowing?

Return to Top
#758707 - 06/22/07 02:58 PM Re: NRCC - BOL clickish? X O
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club