Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#865667 - 12/04/07 04:26 PM Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!!
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
MAIDEN IS TOURING THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=433

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#865708 - 12/04/07 04:45 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hey Steel,
can you post tour dates or the article if they have any? cause i have surf control here. :-(

Return to Top
#865719 - 12/04/07 04:52 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I have listed both overseas and U.S. tour dats, in case you are a traveling man:

Iron Maiden announce summer tour and ground breaking show in India
Published: February 13, 2007

Following their phenomenally successful new album and sold-out tour late last year of arena's around the world, Iron Maiden are announcing a series of headline stadium and festival appearances in March and June of this year.

Always keen to take Metal to new places, Maiden will for the first time ever play in India, on the spectacular grounds of Bangalore’s Palace on Saturday 17th March, marking the first time a major metal band has ever played in the subcontinent.

Iron Maiden’s new album, ‘A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH’ reached No 2 in the Indian album charts after debuting at No 4, which is believed to be the highest chart position in India ever for any rock act. Maiden will be the first to bring in a full massive western style stage production - air freighting in almost 20 tons of backline equipment and their huge stage Production for this one show.

Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson commented “To say we’re all really looking forward to going to Bangalore is something of an understatement. It’s very special to us to be able play to new fans in countries we’ve never been to before, and we hear the Indian fans are very loud and into their metal. The whole trip will be an exciting time for us and we intend to enjoy every moment there. The fans should know that we are bringing the whole stage show we used in Europe and America and that Eddie will definitely be joining us! We are crafting a special set to include both songs from A Matter of Life and Death and a load of other favorites. It promises to be an absolutely amazing atmosphere playing outdoors in front of the palace.”

A spokesman from the promoters DNA Networks explained, “As this is the first show ever in India to feature three other acts in addition to an international headliner, it will be our first ever festival of sorts and as such an historic occasion. As the setting is the beautiful open site in the palace grounds we thought the occasion should be marked with a special name so we are calling the event ‘EDD-FEST’. We are confident that Maiden and ‘EDD-FEST' will encourage more Western bands in the future to join us and play here in India, something which would greatly please the huge number of Rock fans in this country. The appearance on the bill of Britain's Lauren Harris will also be the first time Indian fans will have seen a rock band fronted by a girl"

Another new territory for the band to visit is Dubai in the United Arab Emirates where they will headline the Desert Rock Festival on Friday 9th March. This is the 4th Desert Rock Festival and is an event which has grown steadily in stature and Iron Maiden will be the biggest act to headline the festival to date. It is expected to be the most succcessful yet. Maiden's new album was Top 5 in Arabia.

Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood comments "Going right back to 1985 and tours behind the old Iron Curtain, particularly Poland, Maiden have always enjoyed blazing the trail taking metal to new fans all over the world. We have wanted to play in India for some time and the success of the new album persuaded us to interrupt our break and go there in March. We were also invited to play in Beijing and Shanghai in China but Eddie was concerned about restrictions relating to choice of songs and artwork so we are leaving that to a later time. In June we are going into some Eurpean territories we didn’t get chance to play last time and to places like the UK, Germany, Italy and Holland where the late 06 arena shows got nowhere near satisfying the demand for tickets. As most of these dates are outdoors we will adjust the set to include more of the classics suited to an outdoor party atmosphere, along with selected songs from A Matter of Life and Death. We will of course be taking the full stage production with us everywhere along with Eddie who has kindly agreed to delay his holidays!. It promises to be a hugely enjoyable series of dates"

Dates announced so far are as below. Further headline shows will be released first on their website http://www.ironmaiden.com with full show details and ticket links.

March 2007
Fri 9th - Dubai Desert Rock Festival, UAE
Sun 11th - Faliro Pavilion Arena, Athens, Greece
Wed 14th - Belgrade, Serbia
Sat 17th - Bangalore, Bangalore Palace, India

June 2007
Wed 6th - Ostrava Banik Football Stadium, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Fri 8th - Sudweststadion , Ludwigshafen, Germany
Sun 10th - Download Festival , Donington Park, England
Thu 14th - Heineken Jammin Festival, Venice, Italy
Sat 16th - Fields of Rock Festival, Zwolle, Holland
Sun 17th - MSV Stadium, Duisburg, Germany
Wed 20th - Olympic Stadium, Rome, Italy
Sat 23rd - Graspop Festival, Dessel, Belgium

Full Schedule for the first leg
SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME World Tour 08

February
Fri 1st - Mumbai, India - Bandra Kurla Complex
Mon 4th - Perth, Australia - Burswood Dome
Wed 6th - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
Thu 7th - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
Sat 9th - Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
Sun 10th - Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
Tue 12th - Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Centre
Fri 15th - Yokohama, Japan - Pacifico Yokohama
Sat 16th - Tokyo, Japan - Messe
Tue 19th - Los Angeles, USA -The Forum
Thu 21st - Guadalajara, Mexico - Auditoria Telmex
Fri 22nd - Monterrey, Mexico - Arena Monterrey
Sun 24th - Mexico City, Mexico - Sports Palace
Tue 26th - San Jose, Costa Rica - Saprisa Stadium
Thu 28th - Bogota, Columbia - Simon Bolivar Park

March
Sun 2nd - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Skol Arena Anhembi
Wed 5th - Porto Allegre, Brazil - Gigantinho
Fri 7th - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Ferrofcarril Oeste Stadium
Sun 9th - Santiago, Chile - Pista Atletica
Wed 12th - Puerto Rico - San Juan Coliseo
Fri 14th - New Jersey, USA - Izod Centre
Sun 16th - Toronto, Canada - Air Canada Centre

Return to Top
#865761 - 12/04/07 05:13 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
Thanks Steel!
CLosest is LA :-( maybe i should be a traveling man for this. it would be worth it!

Return to Top
#865791 - 12/04/07 05:34 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
For me, it is New Jersey. But I'd love to see them in Australia. Australians rock hard

Return to Top
#865799 - 12/04/07 05:39 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
i have actually heard that myself. that would be pretty cool. and intense.

Return to Top
#865800 - 12/04/07 05:39 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
i have actually heard that myself. that would be pretty cool. and intense!

Return to Top
#865803 - 12/04/07 05:43 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
YES!!! They are coming to the Forum in LA! I am soooo there...I will be about 8 months pregnant, but I can still rock hard!

Return to Top
#865813 - 12/04/07 05:50 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! someone else
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
There is a true Headbanger right there! your child will be too!
eXcellent!

Return to Top
#865814 - 12/04/07 05:51 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! someone else
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Now, I really hope that either Queensryche or Priest tours with them. That would be a killa show.

On their 2000 comeback tour, Halford, Queensryche opened and Maiden headlined.

I also saw about 4 years ago, Motor Head, Dio and Maiden, and it was phenomenal.

But they never play "Where Eagles Dare" in the U.S. :-(

Return to Top
#865816 - 12/04/07 05:52 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
I would totally LOVE and probably KILL to see Priest again! now thats a badass show!

Return to Top
#866059 - 12/04/07 08:34 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I got the coolest little shirt for my son-to-be at Hot Topic. It says: "I listen to Guns N Roses with my Mommy." There was another one that mentioned Slayer, but they didn't have the size I was looking for.

I would LOVE to see Priest...oh man...

Return to Top
#866060 - 12/04/07 08:36 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! someone else
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
I saw Priest with Rob Halford) years ago at the Meadowlands. Testament and Megadeth opened for them, what a show. Halford came out on his Harley in the beginning of the show. They totally rocked.

Return to Top
#866066 - 12/04/07 08:44 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
Yep.Priest rocks. I saw them with Halford a few years ago, for being over sixty, that man has got it goin' on. he is one of my idols. literally.

Return to Top
#867004 - 12/05/07 08:04 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
Blind Guardian Offline
Platinum Poster
Priest has a new record coming out in '08. It's a concept record about Nostradamus.

I saw Priest on Ozzfest a couple years back and they were awesome. Halford also came out and sung with Sabbath because Ozzy was sick. It was so friggin' cool.

Halford is definitely one of the best vocalists ever.

Iced Earth will be touring this spring!! I can't wait for that.

Return to Top
#867118 - 12/05/07 09:08 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! Blind Guardian
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
yeah i heard about that new album and the concept its on, which im pretty pumped up about.
Angel of Retribution was pretty good, and for being over 60....that man...
I think by far Halford is easily in the top 10..ever..male AND female.

ICED EARTH!?!?!?!?!?! touring!?!?!?!EXXXXCELLENT!IM so pumped for that too!
have you heard their new album? its totally awesome.

Return to Top
#867310 - 12/06/07 12:44 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Iced Earth definitely rocks. I only have 1 of their albums, but have listened to their other stuff on I-tunes, and they certainly carried the weight during that period when no record label would sign non-poseur bands (like 1992-1999).

Return to Top
#867315 - 12/06/07 12:50 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
dude, you HAVE to check out more of their albums.....they are totally excellent.

Return to Top
#867320 - 12/06/07 01:04 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! someone else
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: someone else
YES!!! They are coming to the Forum in LA! I am soooo there...I will be about 8 months pregnant, but I can still rock hard!

I already got my ticket for that show! I saw them with Dio and Motorhead, Halford and Queensryche and at Ozzfest and they sounded awesome every time, even though Sharon Osbourne cut their power out several times in the middle of their set at Ozzfest. They still completely destroyed every other band there.

Return to Top
#867322 - 12/06/07 01:06 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! GuitarDude
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Dang Diesel, you are into the heavy stuff like I am, considering your tag line is a quote from The Red Chord. :metal horns: \m/

Return to Top
#867328 - 12/06/07 01:17 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: dieseldave
dude, you HAVE to check out more of their albums.....they are totally excellent.

They will likely be among the goodies my older bro gets me for Xmas.

Return to Top
#881258 - 01/03/08 12:07 AM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! SKULLSPLATTER
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: dieseldave

Well, as predicted,my bro got me a number of Iced Earth Albums for Christmas, along with two more Maiden CDs and another Motor Head Album. Also, the new Led Zep Gretest hits album (as if it can really do them justice.)

Return to Top
#881481 - 01/03/08 04:57 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! TheManofSteel
Blind Guardian Offline
Platinum Poster
Iced Earth just got Matt Barlow back as a singer! This is beyond f'n awesome!

Return to Top
#881549 - 01/03/08 06:16 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! Blind Guardian
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I just got the coolest gift for my unborn son: it's a onesie that says Rob Zombie on the front and on the back, it says Zombie-In-Training. So awesome.

Return to Top
#881558 - 01/03/08 06:35 PM Re: Attn Headbangers - UP THE IRONS MATES!!! someone else
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
That's hysterical SE. Will you name him after RZ?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2