Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#889730 - 01/17/08 09:14 PM question about pay stubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our president in an effort to continue to cut expenses has now directd our HR to not reorder the check blanks that they currently use but rather to simply print our pay stubs on regular copy paper and issue those instead of pay stubs since our payroll is electronially deposited. Now we get what appears to be a check that is unsigned and then it is perforated with the YTD information on the bottom portion. Is it legal for them to use copy paper for our paystubs. I remember last year when I applied for a home loan the loan processor asked me for a pay stub and she specifially said it had to have a perforated edge in order for her to be able to use it. I am all for saving money buy it seems to me that what they are printing would appear no different than something anyone could print on the computer, that is why I assume the loan processor made the stipulation regarding the perforated edge to me last year. So my question is can they do this?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#889758 - 01/17/08 09:28 PM Re: question about pay stubs Anonymous
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I don't know the answer to your question, but we don't even get paystubs given to us anymore. If we want one, we have to go into the system to print it off ourselves.

#889791 - 01/17/08 09:48 PM Re: question about pay stubs #12
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Our paystubs are printed on standard copy paper.

#889813 - 01/17/08 10:23 PM Re: question about pay stubs Bullseye
CSB98 Offline
Diamond Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Bullseye
Our paystubs are printed on standard copy paper.

Same here.

#889819 - 01/17/08 10:37 PM Re: question about pay stubs #12
Anonymous
Unregistered

My company does the same thing - If I want a printed copy, I print myself on copy paper.

#889900 - 01/18/08 05:37 AM Re: question about pay stubs Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"I remember last year when I applied for a home loan the loan processor asked me for a pay stub and she specifially said it had to have a perforated edge in order for her to be able to use it."

Your loan processor must be related to Fred Flintstone. I haven't seen a automatic deposit paystub like that in fifteen years.

#890214 - 01/18/08 05:40 PM Re: question about pay stubs rlcarey
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Both mine and my husband's paystubs are copies. I have never seen a perforated paystub.

I'd rather be fishing.

#890231 - 01/18/08 05:49 PM Re: question about pay stubs Walleye Woman
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Here, and at my last company, my automatic deposit pay stubs were on regular copy paper, no perforations. I wouldn't worry about it.

#890368 - 01/18/08 07:33 PM Re: question about pay stubs rlcarey
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
Originally Posted By: rlcarey
"I remember last year when I applied for a home loan the loan processor asked me for a pay stub and she specifially said it had to have a perforated edge in order for her to be able to use it."

Your loan processor must be related to Fred Flintstone. I haven't seen a automatic deposit paystub like that in fifteen years.

I agree. Some of my customers even have to print out their own paystubs and present them for loan processing.

#890513 - 01/18/08 08:53 PM Re: question about pay stubs RobinB
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much is your boss actually saving? Sounds like there are going to be a lot of questions and upset? employees; hardly worth what s/he might be saving.

Tell your bank to cut out one golf tournament per year, that will cover the money you're looking to save.

#891377 - 01/22/08 06:10 PM Re: question about pay stubs Anonymous
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
I used to get an electornic copy of my paystub only. I did not have an issue with getting my mortgage.

Current company gives the perforated one as well. It gets shredded without being opened as it is available online. Waste of paper and money.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale