Learn More - Click Here!

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Thread Options
#890598 - 01/18/08 09:35 PM Re: PETA goes too far! °X°
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
Yes it is, Huge Happy – small words, small thoughts – I’m making an effort to deal directly with my perception, shared my more than a few posters here, of your level of comprehension. I’m hoping that you will at some point in time be able to grasp at least the logic part, but I also acknowledge that you are dealing with your limitations, intellectual capacity wise.

Hang in there, Huge Happy, you will get it someday, just not some day soon.

X - I've taken the liberty of fixing your spelling and punctuation errors in the above post. I always find it hilarious when someone posts to me of their intellectual superiority, yet makes such simple errors.
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 01/18/08 09:35 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#890604 - 01/18/08 09:39 PM Re: PETA goes too far! TigerIze
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Apparently every species of carnivore on the planet is:

1. Not grown up
2. Unevolved
3. Comprised of murderers and "speciesists"

Wow, such a learning curve hurts my teeny tiny brain...

Return to Top
#890674 - 01/18/08 10:31 PM Re: PETA goes too far! GuitarDude
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I went to lunch and missed all the fun. I had some yummy chicken, now I just have to sit here and wait for X's hex to take shape. LOL

By the way X, if you're going to commit to a cause then do it all the way. My brother-in-law is a full blown vegan. He has completely modified his entire lifestyle to live Vegan. While I don't agree with all of this choices, I respect his passion and committment to his cause.

Return to Top
#890677 - 01/18/08 10:35 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Sing, honey. Is that a feather growing on your hand?

Return to Top
#890678 - 01/18/08 10:41 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Bacon Boy
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Eating chicken gives you feathers? Boy I am in trouble!

Return to Top
#890680 - 01/18/08 10:47 PM Re: PETA goes too far! HappyGilmore
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Quote:
Yes it is, Huge Happy – small words, small thoughts – I’m making an effort to deal directly with my perception, shared my more than a few posters here, of your level of comprehension. I’m hoping that you will at some point in time be able to grasp at least the logic part, but I also acknowledge that you are dealing with your limitations, intellectual capacity wise.

Hang in there, Huge Happy, you will get it someday, just not some day soon.

X - I've taken the liberty of fixing your spelling and punctuation errors in the above post. I always find it hilarious when someone posts to me of their intellectual superiority, yet makes such simple errors.

Thanks, Huge Happy, as always you are very, very good at small things and small thoughts. You have come a long way sense I first started working with you. Keep up the good work, perhaps we will arrange for you to live above sea level some day, although I'd really like to see you, once again, under water.

Return to Top
#890689 - 01/18/08 11:03 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
I went to lunch and missed all the fun. I had some yummy chicken, now I just have to sit here and wait for X's hex to take shape. LOL

By the way X, if you're going to commit to a cause then do it all the way. My brother-in-law is a full blown vegan. He has completely modified his entire lifestyle to live Vegan. While I don't agree with all of this choices, I respect his passion and committment to his cause.

The hex is on the way. A question, how does your brother-in-law travel - all car tires, all tires have an animal product included, does he walk?

There are tons of animal products in stuff, for example:

Casein: (caseinate) adhesives, paints, and plastics.

Gelatin: Marshmallows, frosted cereals, gelatin-containing desserts, molded salads.

Glucose (dextrose): Baked goods, soft drinks, candies.

Lactylic stearate: Dough conditioner.

Lutein: Commercial food coloring.

Pancreatin (pancreatic extract): Digestive aids.

Tallow: Waxed paper, margarine, soaps, crayons, candles, rubber, cosmetics.

Of course, lipstick contains fish scales, that may be why some females smell like fish, just get close to any of the coolie queens!

Return to Top
#890700 - 01/18/08 11:20 PM Re: PETA goes too far! °X°
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
He has modified his entire lifestyle (including his transportation) and doesn't use anything with animal bi-products at all. The man bathes in rose water, he doesn't mess around. I really respect his complete committment to his beliefs.

X you've threatened me and given me grief before, so your voodoo hex doesn't scare me a bit. Maybe I'll even swing by KFC this weekend. Cluck cluck.

Return to Top
#890710 - 01/18/08 11:29 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
mmm KFC. I think I may get a couple snackers.

Return to Top
#890711 - 01/18/08 11:34 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Interesting and hopefully he will influence you in a positive way.

My voodoo hex takes a while to get there - eat whoever you want, it's not my call. BTW - when you say swing, I assume that it's your arms, don't let your knuckles hit the ground.

Some day, I'll be at the gate waiting for you - you are going to have some trouble getting in, trust me.

Return to Top
#890712 - 01/18/08 11:35 PM Re: PETA goes too far! TigerIze
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
sanders

Return to Top
#890713 - 01/18/08 11:36 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I'll see you there, Sing!

Return to Top
#890714 - 01/18/08 11:38 PM Re: PETA goes too far! TigerIze
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: TigerIze

Looking at you, I'd say, three large buckets, a dozen sides should fill that belly. Wear a jocking outfit. They don't make belts that big.

Return to Top
#890715 - 01/18/08 11:40 PM Re: PETA goes too far! °X°
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: °X°

Looking at you, I'd say, three large buckets, a dozen sides should fill that belly. Wear a jocking outfit. They don't make belts that big.

Is this a California thing, because I've never heard of it.

Return to Top
#890716 - 01/18/08 11:40 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
I'll see you there, Sing!

Careful around Sing, Bacon Boy - especially when it's hungry!

Return to Top
#890717 - 01/18/08 11:41 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
It is, Bacon - W. Hollywood.

Return to Top
#890719 - 01/18/08 11:45 PM Re: PETA goes too far! °X°
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Tell you what X, I'll eat whoever I want and you sit back and watch innocent pets get murdered and we'll just call it even...ok?

Return to Top
#890724 - 01/18/08 11:55 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Sing A Little
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Please don't eat me, Sing. I promise I'll spend more time at the shelter and stop making pipe bombs for PETA to blow up fish hatcheries.

Return to Top
#890726 - 01/19/08 12:00 AM Re: PETA goes too far! °X°
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley

Sorry X but being in semi-shape (not round thankfully) that would be a little too much food for me. Unlike yourself I can still cut holes in my belt because some are too long for my waist. I can thank my high school football days for helping me in the muscular area... unlike yourself they weren't that long ago... do you even remember high school?
Last edited by TigerIze; 01/19/08 12:02 AM.

Return to Top
#890727 - 01/19/08 12:04 AM Re: PETA goes too far! TigerIze
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
sanders

Return to Top
#890733 - 01/19/08 01:02 AM Re: PETA goes too far! A_G
A_G Online
10K Club
Originally Posted By: SilenceIsGolden
are you against the chicken dance?

Not sure, but I for "Silence Is Golden" is your case.

huh?

In other words, except your poster name, it should be a mirror for your life, especially here. Besides, you don't have anything to interesting to contribute.

I can correct your poor grammar. Grammar is interesting. It should be "...anything too interesting to contribute." and "In other words, accept your poster name..."

The end.

Well, I'm not sure if you deleted you own post due to poor grammar or if a Mod deleted the post because it may have been construed as a slam against me. If the former, then it looks like the mighty has fallen. If the latter, well I have thicker skin than that. Silly Mods.

The end.

Return to Top
#890737 - 01/19/08 01:43 AM Re: PETA goes too far! kitten
Security Investigator Offline
100 Club
Ca
Wow, I'm gone a couple of days and miss a ton!

While I don't agree with turning this into a hateful argument with personal attacks, and I often don't love PETA's antics because it seems to only cause people to think all animal activists are loons, I do have some points I'd like to make.

1) Why do so many assume that people who are horrified about animal cruelty automatically means that those people don't care about human tragedies??? This is an insane leap! I've been a vegan and animal activist for years. I also fight against child and elder abuse; Read, those who fan't fight for themselves - we all have to pick our battles. In fact, ALL of my vegan friends have also volunteered in a similar capacity. Also, several of us are thinking about adopting children when we are ready.

2) Protein is something we all need, however, we also all need some fat in our diets. The two are similar in that we certainly don't need to worry about getting enough! Americans get WAY too much protein and that's why we see so many diseases such as cancers, diabetes, heart disease, etc. Vegans do NOT need to worry about getting enough protein, as we get plenty. We do need to make sure we get enough B12, however.

3) Why does one poster assume that animal activists don't adopt unwanted pets? I personally don't know a vegan that hasn't! Obviously, we can't adopt all animals that need homes, so we need help: Help from potential pet owners to adopt from a shelter rather than buy from a store/breeder, and help from all pet owners to spay/neuter their pets.

4) Factory farmed animals go through a horrendous amount of abuse throughout their short lives. If any of you personally witnessed it, your heart would bleed, if you have any ounce of compassion in you at all. Why attack those who choose not to contribute to the horror?

5) Animal rights does not mean EQUAL rights, that's just plain silly. We just don't want them subjected to the horrors of abuse, torture, and gory deaths. And no, it does not mean that they can't be pets. But as a society, we need to recognize that human cruelty always starts with animal cruelty. Every serial killer started by torturing/mutilating animals. It starts a breakdown of compassion and the value of life in the mind of that person. Animal and human cruelty are most definitely linked. Ever read an article about the Canadian pig farmer?

Anyhow, I don't want to add to the argument but would hope that you just think about it rather than jump on the hate vegans bandwagon.

Return to Top
#890745 - 01/19/08 03:16 AM Re: PETA goes too far! Security Investigator
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
I don't think people here are against vegan, just againft the crazy stupid cruel methods PETA has been known to employ.

Return to Top
#890747 - 01/19/08 03:47 AM Re: PETA goes too far! Blessed
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Well I think I have a new found respect for Sing... girl can hold her own against X!

::quickly corals the unicorns::

Return to Top
#890789 - 01/19/08 03:56 PM Re: PETA goes too far! Security Investigator
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
No one here is (as far as what I can tell) seriously against vegan lifestyles nor are they directly for animal creulty. This topic started as people being upset with PETA after what they were doing as far as Col. Sander's gravesite instead of taking the fight directly to KFC. IMO that is a bit out of line. X tried to defend PETA and DL made a smart comment towards X and X made one back to everyone. Thats how it started and exploded from there. The lines were drawn and people took the side they were on. Unfortunately for X there seemed to be only 2 people on PETA's side so forgive us (partially sarcastic but not completely) if we classified all of PETA with the information provided by other members and X's behaviour.

Strangely enough I have a good friend who is a total vegetarian but his stems from one day just not wanting meat and feeling like that for the past 15 years. We both crack jokes about one another's eating habits but its all in good fun.

I think what most omnivores here and anywhere else appreciate more are the reminders of what animals may have to go through but once they get disrespectful (i.e. disturbing the dead or constantly attempting to disgust meat eaters) they get to be annoying and end up tuning out potential converts. The quote "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" applies very well here. From a personal stand point veggie companies would catch more meat eaters with better tasting and cheaper meat alternatives than they do with whats on the shelves now.

Thats just my two worn out pennies.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15