Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#893905 - 01/25/08 06:15 PM Business Liability
C_Groat Offline
Salt Lake City, UT
What strategies/policies do other banks apply involving business debit transactions with PIN which are not protected by Reg E or Visa/Mastercard Zero Liability? Business responsible for everything, bank takes first 24 hours - business liable for the rest, bank responsible for everything?

In our scenario, the business was broken into and Pin/Card stolen, which was co-located in the office. Business was aware of the break in few hours after it occurred when PIN losses were below $3,000, but did not report card stolen for two days resulting in much higher losses. We do offer 24/7 customer service to report the cards stolen.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#893989 - 01/25/08 07:32 PM Re: Business Liability C_Groat
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It comes down to your contract.

Return to Top
#894048 - 01/25/08 08:02 PM Re: Business Liability rlcarey
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I don't know that there is a standard. If I were writing the agreement I would place everything on the business. If you were trying to draw business in, you may have been more liberal. But for a case that is now pending, as Randy notes it depends on what you have already agreed to.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#894211 - 01/25/08 10:03 PM Re: Business Liability Andy_Z
C_Groat Offline
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks, the agreement does put complete liability on the business for PIN based activity, but with this large of a loss on a small business there is some second guessing if that is what should be done.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z