Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#89446 - 06/18/03 05:20 PM Check Truncation
Connie Ollis Offline
Connie Ollis
Western NC, US
I was wondering if a lot of other institutions are using check truncation and whether you send images of the checks to your customers or nothing at all.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#89447 - 06/18/03 05:22 PM Re: Check Truncation
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
We do truncation and really small images - works great with very few issues. Saves a ton of postage.

Return to Top
#89448 - 06/18/03 05:30 PM Re: Check Truncation
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
We also do truncation with images. Until changes in Maryland law were made during the last session, however, we had to offer a non-truncated account for anyone who wanted it. We have been around for a long time, and a lot of our customers wanted to receive their checks back, so it was a struggle. Now, however, the law allows us to send images, so we are in the process of converting everyone to images.
BC

Return to Top
#89449 - 06/18/03 06:03 PM Re: Check Truncation
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
The bank I'm at now (as well as the last 2 I worked at) all send imaged copies of the checks with the statement. Great for the bank and I love it as a customer.

Return to Top
#89450 - 06/19/03 01:30 PM Re: Check Truncation
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
We have a basic account that is truncated and receives the statement only, no images.

We also have other accounts that receive the images with the statements. Before imaging, these accounts received their items with the statement.

Return to Top