Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#894856 - 01/28/08 06:45 PM Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software
poppy Offline
100 Club
Is anyone out there using the free 2008 CRA data entry software from the FFIEC? I've uncovered a few data entry bugs and want to know if anyone else has had problems and what those problems might be. I've uncovered a problem with validity codes V930 and V950 which I believe is due to the MSA being NA and it doesn't recognize NA as a valid MSA, and an inability to input the digits after the decmial for certain census tracts. I've e-mailed CRA Help, but not heard back from them yet (I know they are busy).

I need to know that I'm not alone out there!

Return to Top
CRA
#895096 - 01/28/08 09:48 PM Re: Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software poppy
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Did you try entering "99999" for the MSA when it is a non-MSA? See if that works.
Also, try inputing the 6 character number without a decimal point and see if that works.

Return to Top
#895176 - 01/29/08 12:13 AM Re: Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software Len S
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Try This
A Batch MSA/MD Change may be performed after all LAR(s) have been entered into the submission. This tool scans and edits the LAR records, correcting any loans that have a NA value in the MSA/MD field of the LAR record but have a valid MSA/MD value for the reported state/county/tract combination.

Note: The Batch MSA/MD Change is a tool to modify MSA/MD codes in any LAR record. A user can change a specific MSA/MD across multiple LARs using this tool. The software will update any loans geocoded with the old MSA/MD code to the new MSA/MD code as specified by the user.

The Batch MSA/MD Change tool will also modify any LAR record where the MSA/MD is equal to NA and has a valid MSA/MD for the state/county/tract combination. It will update the NA to the valid MSA/MD value.

To use the Batch MSA/MD Change tool:

STEP 1
From the Edit menu on the CRA Front Page, click on Batch MSA/MD Change.

STEP 2
Select Begin.

STEP 3
The Batch MSA/MD Change will display the number of records that were viewed and the number of records that were changed.

Return to Top
#895510 - 01/29/08 05:16 PM Re: Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software Don_Narup
poppy Offline
100 Club
Don, the Batch MSA/MD Change to modify any LAR where the MSA is equal to NA and is considered valid for the state/county/tract combination didn't work. Unless I change the configuration option to save a record with an error, we cannot save a record with a validity error. If you pull up a record that was saved with a validity error and attempt to update the MSA to NA which is the correct MSA, it will not make the change. I know the state code is correct, the county is not in an MSA, and the census tract is correct.

As far as the census tract goes it just refuses to input any numbers after the decimal. A census tract of 73.02 will appear and print as 7302.00.

I can't image this is a downloan problem, so I must assume that it's a bad software string, and I still haven't heard from CRA Help.

Is there anything else I can try besides downloading the software again?

Return to Top
#895619 - 01/29/08 06:38 PM Re: Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software poppy
poppy Offline
100 Club
I just heard back from the FFIEC and they are aware of the NA/MSA issue. There should be a software update in a couple of weeks.

The decimal issue with census tract numbers can be resolved by using the preceding zeros, then entering the decimal and the information.

Return to Top
#895705 - 01/29/08 08:17 PM Re: Free FFIEC CRA Data Entry Software poppy
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
yes you have to enter 4 digits 0073 and then the decimal numbers. Sounds like you have it handled.

One would think the FFIEC would not allow the download which will totally fustrate people when they encounter what you did. or at least post on the website that there is a problem.

Thanks for the update

Return to Top