Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#899518 - 02/04/08 09:23 PM Re: Desperation Sing A Little
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
Maybe she was just a little sentimental? She was at her alma mater and her college professor says, "Welcome home, we are so proud of you". Honestly, that might make me tear up a little to. She is entitled to feel an emotion without a political agenda behind it.

So if Obama gets a little emotional is everyone doing to say he's doing it for votes?

Sorry, Sing, I have to disagree. Presidents need to have their emotions under tight control at all times. They have the ability to send our kids into harm's way, and they have the codes for the nuclear football. Presidents who don't control their emotions well get us into ill-advised wars (see Bush, George W.).

If she was having an unguarded moment, then it makes her less competent to be President. If she was using her emotions for political purposes, all well and good, but she better be ready for someone to call her on it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#899519 - 02/04/08 09:23 PM Re: Desperation The Incredible ComplyGuy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Sing, Mr. Peepers and I were mocking a Seinfeld episode when Jerry's girlfriend cried at more inappropriate times (she didn't cry when she found out her Gram died, but did cry when her frankfurter fell on the ground.)

Really was just a joke about that moreso than Hil.

Return to Top
#899521 - 02/04/08 09:23 PM Re: Desperation The Incredible ComplyGuy
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
TICG: As opposed to what politican that isn't that way????????

Return to Top
#899523 - 02/04/08 09:24 PM Re: Desperation MB Guy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Really was just a joke about that moreso than Hil.

Not speaking for MB Guy here, but Hill is also a joke, imo.

Return to Top
#899531 - 02/04/08 09:30 PM Re: Desperation MB Guy
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I think there is a difference between controlling your emotions and shutting them off. Our leader should be compassionate, and understand the consequences of their decisions.

I don't think that Hillary or any other canidate is going to starting crying in the oval office. This is a very trying time for all of the canidates and they are all bound to crack a little.

Return to Top
#899553 - 02/04/08 09:41 PM Re: Desperation Yossarian
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
Quote:
So if Obama gets a little emotional is everyone doing to say he's doing it for votes?

Nope, he's another guy. Doesn't count any more than the Bushes.

Lets see if you take that same stance when its Barak vs the Republican. I bet you'll be making excuses for him too. Especially since he does not carefully consider anything.

Yoss,

Do you really think she is doing it for a reason other then to get votes? If so, I overestatimated you.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2