Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#900117 - 02/05/08 05:58 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Comp Guy No More
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
Thanks Comp Guy. I am glad that is all cleared up.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#900126 - 02/05/08 06:02 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Hmmm...
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Glad I could help!

Return to Top
#900285 - 02/05/08 07:36 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Comp Guy No More
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Ok, from the 2006 Rule Book (I couldn't find my 2007 copy )

Reviewable Plays. The Replay System will cover the following play situations only:
(a) Plays governed by Sideline, Goal Line, End Zone, and End Line:
1. Scoring Plays, including a runner breaking the plane of the goal line.
2. Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted at sideline, goal line, end zone, and end line.
3. Runner/receiver in or out of bounds.
4. Recovery of loose ball in or out of bounds.
(b) Passing Plays:
1. Pass ruled complete/incomplete/intercepted in the field of play.
2. Touching of a forward pass by an ineligible receiver.
3. Touching of a forward pass by a defensive player.
4. Quarterback (Passer) forward pass or fumble.
5. Illegal forward pass beyond line of scrimmage.
6. Illegal forward pass after change of possession.
7. Forward or backward pass thrown from behind line of scrimmage.
(c) Other Detectable Infractions:
1. Runner ruled not down by defensive contact.
2. Runner ruled down by defensive contact when the recovery of a fumble by an opponent or a teammate occurs during the continuing action of the play.
Note 1: If the ruling of down by contact is changed, the ball belongs to the recovering player at the spot of the recovery of the fumble, and any advance is nullified.
Note 2: Continuing action is any action that occurs through the recovery of the fumble.
Note 3: If the Referee does not have indisputable visual evidence as to which player recovered the fumble, the ruling of down by contact will stand.
Note 4: This does not apply to quarterback pass/fumbles, complete/incomplete passes, or the ruling of forward progress.
3. Forward progress with respect to a first down.
4. Touching of a kick.
5. Number of players on the field.
Note: Non-reviewable plays include but are not limited to:
1. Status of the clock
2. Proper down
3. Penalty administration
4. Runner ruled down by defensive contact (not involving fumbles)
5. Forward progress not relating to first down or goal line
6. Forceouts
7. Recovery of loose ball in the field of play
8. Field goals
9. Inadvertent Whistle

Return to Top
#900288 - 02/05/08 07:38 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Comp Guy No More
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Hmmm, I don't see the tuck rule in there. Did I miss it?

Return to Top
#900304 - 02/05/08 07:43 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Sinatra Fan
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
Awesome Compguy! Thanks!

Return to Top
#900338 - 02/05/08 07:58 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Sinatra Fan
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
Hmmm, I don't see the tuck rule in there. Did I miss it?

Rule 3, Section 21, Article 3

Note 2: When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his hand starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Return to Top
#900440 - 02/05/08 09:18 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Comp Guy No More
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Thanks again!

Return to Top
#900514 - 02/05/08 09:58 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Sinatra Fan
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
Alright - the green monsters really come out when some of the best players in the NFL loose a game. I agree, the Pats were not at the top of their game and the Giants were overly pumped up, but we all know you play the same game with out all the hype and the Pats would win hands down! I do like Eli (much better than "baby faced blame all my mistakes on my other team members" Payton. I am glad for Eli that he had such a big win. But no-one...I mean NO-ONE..can match Brady's smooth throws, level headed, on top of his game, playing that he usually puts out. Just stop hating him for being so good; and being so good as a team member to take his team to an almost perfect season (minus one game). What other guarterback do you know could really come up against Brady and be as good? NONE..and if you are really truthful with yourself...well you know it already. It is more than a game to him...it is his life and the ultimate job. It is evident in his numbers. You just can't deny that he is ultimately one of the greatest quarterbacks....EVER.

Return to Top
#900518 - 02/05/08 10:02 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Relax
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Nobody hates Brady, KH. But your assertion that the Pats wn hands down w/o the hype is nonsense. As it was, the Giants almost won week 17, and the Chargers with injuries almost pulled it out in the AFC Championship. The formula for high-powered passing attacks has always been relentless pressure on the QB, and the Giants game-planned around their strnegth perfectly. Pitt did this to Colts in Jan. 2006 with the same results.

He is a great QB, among the best ever. Manning and Farve are easily comparable, not better, but comparable, as far as QBs still playing. For those not playing, we spend hours on it.

Return to Top
#900519 - 02/05/08 10:02 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Relax
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: kh91507
What other guarterback do you know could really come up against Brady and be as good?

Eli, at least for 60 minutes last Sunday (when it mattered).

Return to Top
#900538 - 02/05/08 10:20 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Peepers
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
And, as usual, a quarterback gets too much credit when his team wins and too much blame when his team loses.

Return to Top
#900697 - 02/06/08 02:47 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Sinatra Fan
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
you can't blame brady for that pathetic excuse for an O-Line....most of the pressure came from the front 4 of the Giants-the 5 linemen couldn't handle 4 Giants....

Return to Top
#900700 - 02/06/08 02:49 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game Sinatra Fan
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
SF, I think in this case, most everybody realizes that the defense continually saved the game and put the Giants in the position where Eli and the O could pull it out at the end like that. Because it was a game-winning SB drive against the greatest regular season team (record-wise) ever, it is hard not to put Eli in the spotlight.

Return to Top
#900701 - 02/06/08 02:51 PM Re: Once again, Pats lose to Manning in a big game TB 12
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Sox in 07
you can't blame brady for that pathetic excuse for an O-Line....most of the pressure came from the front 4 of the Giants-the 5 linemen couldn't handle 4 Giants....

I doubt anybody blames Brady for anything (other than himself) He got clobbered by the Giants D-Line, and still got up, sore ankle and all, and played like a champ.

Sox, if not for the Giants Offense rising to the occasion, the next to last Patriots posession was vintage game-winning Brady late drive comeback.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3