Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#90062 - 06/20/03 05:16 AM Safety and Soundness audit of MAILROOM operations
BankerMatt Offline
New Poster
BankerMatt
Washington State, USA
I have been asked to conduct an audit of mailroom processes. Does anyone whom may have gone to a school relating to audting have a generic example of one of these? I usually audit to specific laws and regulations so it is difficult to
develop a criteria for mail delivery times, volumes of returned mail un processed, etc. I can think of which laws are effected by failure to ultimately deliver mail on time, but that still makes it difficult to use a scoring method on more of a Q and A
in place of my standard audits which use loan numbers and total categories into percents.. I am really lost with this audit
H E L P ! !

Return to Top
Audit
#90063 - 06/20/03 12:51 PM Re: Safety and Soundness audit of MAILROOM operations
BRubble Offline
New Poster
BRubble
Midwest
If you give me your email address I can send you a Q&A along with procedures to use.

Return to Top
#90064 - 06/20/03 12:55 PM Re: Safety and Soundness audit of MAILROOM operations
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure what is may be covered in the Q&A that has been offered, but I would think that you would focus on how does the mailroom ensure that when they receive 1000 statements to mail that 1000 statements go out. How do they track mailing deadlines. Control of postage is another big issue for possible embezzlement and fraud. Just a couple of ideas.

Return to Top
#90065 - 07/01/03 02:38 PM Re: Safety and Soundness audit of MAILROOM operations
Anonymous
Unregistered

You may also want to consider the following:
- Whether any personal items are being mailed via an overnight carrier such as Fed Ex.
- Controls over the handling of return items
- Access to the area

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z