Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#90240 - 06/20/03 03:58 PM Job Descriptions Based on Grades
RMO Offline
RMO
I would like to obtain job descriptions for banking positions that are set up based on grade levels. Then I would like information on midpoints for grade ranges to be able to determine annual salaries and pay increases. If you would be willing to share please send to my private e-mail box. Thank you.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#90241 - 06/20/03 04:12 PM Re: Job Descriptions Based on Grades
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Lib, the position determines the pay level based on its accountablilites, responsibilities, skills and knowledge needed. Once you have a written job description, then you can compare it to local market jobs and pay to place it accordingly in the right range of pay grades. To do it otherwise is not a prudent business practice.

Return to Top
#90242 - 06/20/03 05:50 PM Re: Job Descriptions Based on Grades
RMO Offline
RMO
I am just looking for examples of job descriptions by grade ranges. Of course I would due all of the correct procedures. Thanks

Return to Top
#90243 - 06/20/03 06:08 PM Re: Job Descriptions Based on Grades
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Sorry, I misunderstood your request.

Return to Top
#90244 - 06/20/03 07:17 PM Re: Job Descriptions Based on Grades
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Most of the really big banks have jobs based on grades, along with min-mid-high salary ranges. I suggest that you contact or have someone contact your upstream correspondent bank and ask them for the descriptions. They are making money off your bank, so they should be receptive to assisting you with this project.

Return to Top
#90245 - 06/24/03 02:02 PM Re: Job Descriptions Based on Grades
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
You might also check with you state banking assoc. TN Bankers usually does a survey each year. It is somewhat expensive.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry