Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#902292 - 02/08/08 07:39 PM directing email to mobile devices-blackberries etc
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Not sure if this is the correct forum... We are considering issuing Blackberries to a few key personnel and want to be able to direct email to the mobiles... how are others doing this?
By this I mean, do you allow the desk-top redirector to reroute emails or do you purchase a BES server... what is the most secure and regulatory approved option! Help... new at this ... thanks for any suggestions!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#902469 - 02/09/08 12:01 AM Re: directing email to mobile devices-blackberries etc Chocaholic
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I use a BB. We do not have a special server. I am able to have all my email checked by T-Mobile and it pulls to my phone. When I login on my desktop, I see it again.

From my BB, I can delete it from the server, if I opt for that on a message by message basis.

If I leave my desktop on, Outlook draws my email off the server. At that point it isn't there for my BB. So you should have Outlook checking at a longer interval than the BB, or you miss some messages.

Someone with a dedicated server can tell you how their system works.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#906129 - 02/15/08 10:29 PM Re: directing email to mobile devices-blackberries etc Andy_Z
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
Thank you for your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z