Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#902855 - 02/11/08 08:10 PM Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day?
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#902879 - 02/11/08 08:43 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? B_F
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
too cute!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#902899 - 02/11/08 09:12 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? waldensouth
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
It's like my life Always an arms length away...

Return to Top
#902989 - 02/11/08 11:05 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Mrs. Rizzo
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Today is my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend and he decided that we're not doing anything for each other for today or Thursday. I'm going to buy myself some jewelry

Return to Top
#903001 - 02/11/08 11:30 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? AngelinaLM
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Sounds awfully suspicious to me!!!!!

Return to Top
#903005 - 02/11/08 11:42 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Mrs. Rizzo
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
He's in Daytona and I'm in Idaho, he's there for the race. He just called me to tell me he got me a t-shirt with Bullwinkle on it and it says "Nice Rack" that's what my gift will be for our Anniversary.

Return to Top
#903016 - 02/12/08 12:08 AM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? AngelinaLM
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Ang, maybe he's sportin' to come back home and propose ;-)

Return to Top
#903019 - 02/12/08 12:28 AM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? AngelinaLM
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: AngelinaLM
He's in Daytona and I'm in Idaho, he's there for the race. He just called me to tell me he got me a t-shirt with Bullwinkle on it and it says "Nice Rack" that's what my gift will be for our Anniversary.

Well nothing says "you're my special someone" like a crude t-shirt!!

Return to Top
#903050 - 02/12/08 11:33 AM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Mrs. Rizzo
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Wizzin Rizz
Originally Posted By: AngelinaLM

Well nothing says "you're my special someone" like a crude t-shirt!!

Return to Top
#903098 - 02/12/08 02:36 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Retired DQ
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
I'm single, but I'm looking forward to Thursday - I have my home inspection. I think I picked a good house, and I'm looking forward to moving in....

Return to Top
#903114 - 02/12/08 02:55 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? FBH
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I'm taken, but not looking forward to Valentines Day. I know he'll want to get me something, but I'd rather he use the money on other things.

Return to Top
#903115 - 02/12/08 02:58 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? cheekEE
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

Return to Top
#903120 - 02/12/08 03:04 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I'm considering spending it with my best friends...
Evan Williams, Jim Beam, and/or Jack Daniels!

Return to Top
#903125 - 02/12/08 03:11 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Imagine
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Don't forget your good buddy Weiser, and your dear old Grand Dad!

Return to Top
#903126 - 02/12/08 03:14 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Sinatra Fan
Queen Bee Offline
Diamond Poster
Queen Bee
CT
I got my v-day presents this morning.
It was a nice surprise to get them early-

Return to Top
#903130 - 02/12/08 03:17 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Sinatra Fan
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
This will be my third Valentines Day with my Husband. Our first year together he got me a wheelbarrow. Last year he got me a pooper scooper (I kid you not) and two sweaters for our new puppy. I've given up hopes for anything romantic and this year I've requested seed starting kits so I can get some flowers going for the garden early this year.

I always hated V-day when I was single, so a round of Jaegermeister for all the singles on me.

Return to Top
#903265 - 02/12/08 05:03 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Jaeger Schnitzel
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
One of the single young ladies at my daughter's college calls V-Day "Singles Awareness Day".

My wife and I got married on Valentine's Day in 1981. That makes 27 wonderful years this week. I never forget our anniversary, because every greeting card company, candy maker, and jewelry store in America remind me constantly.

Return to Top
#903267 - 02/12/08 05:07 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? RVFlyboy
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I don't think that Valentine's Day is easy for anybody. Even if you have a significant other...you've still got to come up with a gift for them. When you've been someone for several years it's hard to come up with something orignal.

Return to Top
#903325 - 02/12/08 05:50 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Sing A Little
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
One year, I sent flowers to the object of my affection. I didn't get the cliche roses, but a wildflower arrangement. She told me that it was the best V Day flowers she'd ever gotten. She said I got it perfect. I asked her to dinner. She waffled. I asked again later in the day. By then, she had a date with someone else, who didn't get her anything for V Day, by the way.

One year, my g/f and I were going to have our first (and only, it turned out) V Day together. We lived some distance apart, but fate had brought us together that year. She had to work late that evening and had to be at work again the next morning. It was a Friday that year and I was off Saturday (banking hours, yay!), so I told her to just meet me after work. I got a hotel room nearby, got the card, roses, some nice earrings, take out dinner from her favorite local restaurant, a bottle of wine, some good chocolate, candles for the room. I had everything in the room and ready to go and went to pick her up. We had dinner, I gave her the earrings, she oohed and aahed over the flowers, card, etc. I got ... nothing. No card, no apologies for no card, no acknowledgement that I might be her Valentine in any shape, form or function. I don't think I even got any physical sumpin-sumpin that night.

For obvious reasons, I'm a little weary of V Day and its obligations upon men. When I was in grade school, everyone got cards. What happened to that? Why is it now a holiday strictly for the showering of gifts upon women? Where is the parity?

And even still, the card and Godiva chocolates are hidden in the cooler in the garage and the flowers are already ordered for delivery on Thursday and I just need to make my dinner reservations this afternoon for Thursday evening ...

I better get something in return ...

Return to Top
#903333 - 02/12/08 05:58 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Mint Julep
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
V day is the day when my allergies kick in big time at the office. As if there isn't enough pollen covering everything outside - they bring it inside all day long in flower arrangements. I've always believed that such celebrations should be private - but it sometimes appears to be a contest.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#903354 - 02/12/08 06:16 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Mint Julep
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Mint Julep
For obvious reasons, I'm a little weary of V Day and its obligations upon men. When I was in grade school, everyone got cards. What happened to that? Why is it now a holiday strictly for the showering of gifts upon women? Where is the parity?

I heard a DJ on the radio yesterday talking about VDay, and said it was more important for men to buy things for women and I thought to myself, what happened to wanting equality? Either you want equal rights, equal pay, and to be considered no different than men, OR you want to be special and not have to step up equally for things like this.

Return to Top
#903368 - 02/12/08 06:25 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? waldensouth
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
My husband and I don't do anything for Valentine's.. we really don't do anything for birthdays other than get each other something small.. we really don't do anything for our anniversary..

but we go out to eat pretty much every Friday night either alone or with friends, and that's even better to me.

I think last year the only gift he bought me was a pair of flip flops (VOLS!), and I made him a collage of his dirtbike hand crunch.

Return to Top
#903402 - 02/12/08 06:50 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Ops
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
OK Guys, although I'm female, I'm right there with you about VDay and any other day. I will send my husband flowers for now reason - and he loves them. For this Valentine's Day (as I posted in the cooler a couple of weeks ago), we're going out of town for the weekend - and as of right now he doesn't know where. He just knows we're leaving after work on Friday. I don't think it's right for men to be the only providers of gifts and romance.

Also, as another odd female, I'm not into jewelry or flowers all that much, although the hubby have a bouquet of roses waiting for me a couple of weeks ago when I got home late from an Officer's meeting. Now that was MUCH appreciated.

Return to Top
#903419 - 02/12/08 06:59 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? Skittles
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Yes, I like it when I get flowers on any other day BUT VDay, cause they are too cliche.

Like Skittles, I will be taking my guy out for dinner tomorrow for VDay, it is too crowded and the service is always bad on VDay.

Return to Top
#903580 - 02/12/08 08:47 PM Re: Single? Not looking forward to Valentines Day? RVFlyboy
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: CessnaFlyboy
One of the single young ladies at my daughter's college calls V-Day "Singles Awareness Day".

Does she realize that the acronym for that is "SAD?"

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2