Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#902894 - 02/11/08 09:07 PM BSA "All Bank Training"
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Would any one out there in BOL Land have a "fun" training for BSA? Last year I used the skits that are in the "Tools" sections and they were a great hit and very informative for training. If any of you have an idea or a new skit, please share with me!!! Thank you very much..

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#902986 - 02/11/08 11:00 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" ApacheBelle72
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
How about a brisk game of, "Find the Accountholder in the P.O. Box!";

Or there's always that perennial favorite, "The 314(a) Match Game!"

And, my all time personal favorite, "The Dating Game, aka, When Did That Primary ID Expire, Anyway?"

Seriously, I don't know of any way to make BSA fun, at least not today.

Return to Top
#903101 - 02/12/08 02:40 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" YosemiteSamIAm
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Thanks! I agree, how does one make BSA interesting? You're the only one who replied - thank you very much.

Return to Top
#903118 - 02/12/08 03:03 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" ApacheBelle72
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
We played a little game that kind of combined Family Feud and Jeapordy. Three teams in line, one team representative with a chance to compete to answer a question, each question had a point value assigned, first one to answer by "buzzing" in first had the opportunity to answer, if correct the points were awarded to that team, if incorrect the moderator supplied the answer to everyone. Once all questions had been asked, the team with the highest points was the winner. We awarded gift cards to each member of the winning team.

Everyone enjoyed the game. We had some that were afraid they'd be put on the spot, but with one from each team trying to answer the question, everyone was satisfied with how the game was played.

Return to Top
#903124 - 02/12/08 03:10 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" Bagweaver
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you - that sounds like a great game! I could use that for all different Reg's! I appreciate you taking time to send that to me.

Return to Top
#903127 - 02/12/08 03:15 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" Bagweaver
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
We did something similar to Bagweaver - ours was an all Jeopardy game. We have about 100 employees so we offered several sessions for people to sign up for. This gave us a good mix, and we set our "teams" before everyone arrived for the training. We made sure our teams were a good mix i.e., a commercial lender, a CSR, a Teller, etc. This way they all had an area of "expertise" - we mixed the questions up and the point value increased with difficulty. We played the Jeopardy music in the background to make it more fun.

The training ended up being so much fun - anyone on the team could buzz in and watching them try to get to the buzzer first was hysterical. We used those round press lights for buzzers. We mixed general BSA questions with questions specific to our policies and procedures. After the first couple of sessions word got out and people were actually looking forward to coming to training. We had 100% participation and we plan on doing something similar this year.

We gave everyone a prize (candy) - the winning team got the better candy.

Return to Top
#903209 - 02/12/08 04:26 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" 80's Lady
Dragonfly Offline
New Poster
Rocky Mountains
I think the games mentioned above are great.

"Pop Quiz Emails" are another option that has worked well for us.
Once a week I email out a question. A response is mandatory by the end of that same week. I encourage employees to look up the answer if they don't know it from memory. I always send out a follow-up email that contains the correct answer and the names of those who responded correctly. At the end of the month, those who answered all four of the questions correctly are rewarded with candy.

If you can be a little humorous with the emails, that helps. You can provide multiple-choice answers, or not; it's up to you.

There is no good substitution for group training, but this is a nice supplement. Especially for those busy times when it's hard to fit classes into the schedule.

To my surprise our employees really got into this. Heaven forbid I should be a day late in sending out the list of people who got the right answer! I would get all kinds if emails and voicemails asking what the delay was. At one point I was so busy working on special projects that I didn't even have time to send the questions out. I received quite a few requests from managers and employees to hurry up and start sending them again!

Return to Top
#903247 - 02/12/08 04:48 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" Dragonfly
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
All of these are great, I hope others benefit as well! I knew BOL has lots of creative people! Thanks.

Return to Top
#903332 - 02/12/08 05:58 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" 80's Lady
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Everyone who attended training was provided dinner so in that way everyone was rewarded for attending.

We set up the teams in the same manner you did. We even had employees from our insurance agency and they were on the teams, too. I sent out some training materials a week prior to the session so that they could study. In the materials I mentioned certain portions of the policy and procedures and included questions about them in with the general questions also.

We didn't think about using the lights. I just had them go "BUZZ!" The lights are a great idea.

Return to Top
#1829516 - 07/02/13 01:25 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" ApacheBelle72
Golfer9 Offline
100 Club
Oklahoma
I'm always looking for new ways to keep the Board interested in BSA Training. I've interspersed jokes and cartoons (although these are somewhat hard to find). Last year I found a video (thru our online training company - but they no longer offer this) which covered some topics - thru a "customer" scenario and then I supplemented with additonal information. I also like to find actual "cases" for the various topics, especially ones from my state - to make money laundering, suspicious activity, OFAC and sometimes even CTR reporting (an PENALITES more real and those usually bring out questions too and stir the directors to further thought!

Return to Top
#1829821 - 07/02/13 06:38 PM Re: BSA "All Bank Training" ApacheBelle72
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z