Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#905596 - 02/15/08 03:21 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update B_F
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm sure you all are kind of sick of my animal issues, but Sam went to heaven this morning. It was very peaceful for him. He was sitting on Bill's lap. We stayed with him, cried, held him and stroked him for probably about 20 minutes afterwards. He will be missed.

Return to Top
#905602 - 02/15/08 03:31 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Skittles
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
hugs from new england, ds.

Return to Top
#905605 - 02/15/08 03:31 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Skittles
doodles Offline
Gold Star
doodles
PA
So sorry Skittles. Its never easy to lose a beloved pet. They are family and it will be difficult going home tonight so thoughts being sent your way.

Return to Top
#905692 - 02/15/08 04:50 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update doodles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
So very, very sorry that you've lost a member of your family.

Return to Top
#905733 - 02/15/08 05:26 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Bagweaver
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
So sorry this had to happen. ((Hugs))

Return to Top
#905772 - 02/15/08 05:50 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Skittles
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
I'm sure you all are kind of sick of my animal issues

Nope, we're all here for you, I doubt anyone is "sick of your issues" so much as sad for your loss and difficulties.

Return to Top
#905898 - 02/15/08 07:27 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update B_F
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Aw, Skittles, I just cried when I read your post. I am sure the little guy is happily eating crunchies in cat heaven.

Return to Top
#905943 - 02/15/08 08:09 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Retired DQ
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
So sorry Skittles. ((hugs))

Return to Top
#906025 - 02/15/08 09:03 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Countess Kiwi
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Skittles, it seems Sam fought the hard fight and so did you and Bill. I'm quite sure ya'll did the right thing....even thought it's also the hardest thing to do. My sympathy goes out to you.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#906361 - 02/19/08 02:36 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update kitten
LauraKB Offline
New Poster
Oh, Skittles. . . I'm so sad to hear about Sam. I agree with Bengalsfan that it would be best to put Sam down, although I can't promise that I would see the wisdom in that if it were my kitty. I'll pray for you and your family as you work through this decision.

Return to Top
#906379 - 02/19/08 02:48 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update LauraKB
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Skittles - Thought you might like to read this. Be prepared. It will bring tears to your eyes! I received it in an email this morning.

This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her. You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith.

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I t old her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, "To Meredith , " in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, "When a Pet Dies." Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven.

Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.

By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.

Love,
God

Last edited by Bagweaver; 02/19/08 02:48 PM.

Return to Top
#906459 - 02/19/08 03:32 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Bagweaver
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Wow! What a wonderful story. Bill asked me on the way to the vet's office on Friday if I thought there was a heaven for cats. Well, of course there is a heaven for cats and Sam will be waiting for us when we arrive.

Thanks to everyone for their kind and wonderful thoughts!

Return to Top
#906566 - 02/19/08 04:54 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Skittles
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Sure there is...and they wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge...did you give Bill a copy of that? If not, let me know and I'll pm it to you...I put it in a different post recently, but it's just such a wonderful thing to have when you need it.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#907153 - 02/20/08 12:02 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update RR Joker
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Return to Top
#907200 - 02/20/08 02:39 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update Skittles
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
Bill asked me on the way to the vet's office on Friday if I thought there was a heaven for cats. Well, of course there is a heaven for cats and Sam will be waiting for us when we arrive.

What kind of heaven would it be if our loved ones, human or animal, weren't waiting for us there? Isn't that a part of the promise of heaven?

Return to Top
#907257 - 02/20/08 03:31 PM Re: Owners of cats - please read - Sam Update B_F
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and Bill. Sometimes the right thing to do is definitely the hardest. Knowing how much you love your animals, I'm sure you did everything you could for Sam and that he knows he was loved.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett