Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#904390 - 02/13/08 09:16 PM new CRA hat and quest. about loan test
Trees Offline
Power Poster
I can pretty much understand the community involvement, etc tests. I wanted to insist that lenders work the loan data and give it to me to do the report - not give me some new loan reports and then expect me to crunch numbers.....I need good reasons to insist that lenders do their part of the work, besides the fact that I am too busy with all the other hats on my head, including BSA.

You are all welcome to help me construct my compellign reasons why the loan numbers crunching should be done by a lender.

Return to Top
CRA
#904730 - 02/14/08 03:57 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Trees
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
What's your volume? Perhaps a FTE should be a thought...

Return to Top
#904732 - 02/14/08 03:58 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Mrs. Rizzo
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
And just for the record...I don't trust our lenders to provide me with quality data

Return to Top
#904855 - 02/14/08 05:37 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Mrs. Rizzo
MidMOAuditor Offline
100 Club
Missouri
We had our processors do the CRA when they booked the loan.

Return to Top
#904886 - 02/14/08 05:58 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test MidMOAuditor
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Our Compliance Assistant handled our data.

Return to Top
#905018 - 02/14/08 07:27 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Bullseye
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I'm with Riz, I like to trust the integrity of my data. Somehow those lenders are quite as concerned about CRA and the accuracy of the data.

Return to Top
#905190 - 02/14/08 09:00 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test bOaty
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Our loan processors put the data into their format and we import it into CRA Wiz. The the CRA assitant and I review, along with the review of the compliance dept.

Return to Top
#905381 - 02/14/08 11:56 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test CRAatBOK
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
We had lenders fill out a form reporting data for CRA loans; SmBus/Sm Farm loans were captured by pulling reports.

Credit Admin created a report of commercial loans for import for CRA and HMDA, and CRA/HMDA/Compliance imported and tested. Credit Admin and lending were expected to provide good data.

CRA/HMDA Compliance also reviewed new loans looking for reportable CRA loans that lenders might have missed. Loan Ops set aside the write ups for compliance to peruse since they had them all in one place.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#906585 - 02/19/08 05:22 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Kathleen O. Blanchard
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Wow, your responses are all over the board...what is CRAwiz????

I'll have to look at this whole responsibility closer as I take more on....in order to see what it entails. I still feel the CL lenders should be responsible for getting me good stats, but....

PS are there any good seminars, or similar for peeps like me that are new to CRA???

Return to Top
#906709 - 02/19/08 06:42 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Trees
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Ok Here is a review based on a lot of years doimg analysis work for banks and being in banking 30 years.

1. Never trust you loan officers to provide accurate information

2. You can change your loan boarding worksheet to include CRA and HMDA reporting information. BUT you should be prepared to review the data on the work sheets to what is actualy in the file. Many times the address being reported is not what you want or can use for CRA purposes. You will have to check the Gross Annual Revenue. Aso you will have to check and be sure the loan qualifies for CRA purpose. Like if its secured by a SFR it may not qualify under the Abundance of Caution most loan officers have a tendency to use on every loan.

3. Don't expect loan officers or other clerks to know as much about what makes a reportable CRA or HMDA loan as you. No matter how much training you do.

The accuracy of your reporting will be your responsibility. Examiners only give you a 5% error rate on any column of data you report.

There are several software products available that crunch data and prepare analysis reports for you. They are only as accurate as the information you enter. That means you will need to know what the rules are in order to make them work best for you.

This a learning experience that will take some time and you won't get it at a couple of seminars.

Break out the CRA Getting it right publication put out by the FRB. You can also download examiner criteria they use in making a CRA exam. There are a number of articles posted in BOL under CRA.

Good luck in your learning journey. It will be a learning journey every day no matter how long you have the job. The first few months are steep but it will get better.

Return to Top
#906736 - 02/19/08 07:02 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Trees
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: Trees
Wow, your responses are all over the board...what is CRAwiz????
It's a software by PCI used to house and analyze data
I'll have to look at this whole responsibility closer as I take more on....in order to see what it entails. I still feel the CL lenders should be responsible for getting me good stats, but.... wanting and getting are two totally different things...

PS are there any good seminars, or similar for peeps like me that are new to CRA??? Check out the Learning Connect here on BOL - They always have great webinars.
Also, there is a National Interagency Community Reinvestment Conference coming up in March in San Fransisco

Return to Top
#909995 - 02/25/08 08:19 PM Re: new CRA hat and quest. about loan test Mrs. Rizzo
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Sorry I didn't get back in here sooner. It is Feb. you know. CRA Wiz is a CRA & HMDA reporting software we use.

Is anybody going to the National Interagency Conference? I am trying to talk my boss into it.

Return to Top