Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#90871 - 06/23/03 08:12 PM 60 Day Log On
jwr1996 Offline
100 Club
jwr1996
When a customer signs-up for our internet banking, they have sixty days to sign-on and use the account or it is locked. The same holds true for a customer at any time they don't use the account for 60 days. We now have a customer complaining that they want this restriction removed or they will go to another bank. We cannot do it for just one customer.

I can't find anything, but does anyone know of any guidance or regulatory rule that says we must give customers a certain number of days or anything along these lines?

Thanks.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#90872 - 06/23/03 09:25 PM Re: 60 Day Log On
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
This is your institutions call. There is no requirement. I'm sure you did it as a security measure and to reduce inactive accounts you may be paying for so that they may have access.

If you don't want to make the exception, let the customer go if they feel that strongly about it.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#90873 - 06/24/03 04:18 PM Re: 60 Day Log On
111 Offline
Gold Star
We faced this issue, deciding to extend the time to 6 months. There is really no reason, and no reg, to maintain a 60 day no use policy - the customer ends up not knowing what to do when they sign on after the 60 days and get rejected. Occasional use is as good as constant use when it involves this access channel, especially if you are not charged on a per customer basis, only for activity.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z